Smartthings will not work with EG

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
trickyrick

Smartthings will not work with EG

Post by trickyrick » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Was running good for a few months after windows 10 install then yesterday all the switches in Smartthings will not run any macros in EG they do not even show up one the left side of EV. I have the right ip address in ST and its the right IP on the win10 computer.
I do get an error but have no idea what it means. I get the error when I try to open the options menu
Attachments
2020-07-15.png

trickyrick

Re: Smartthings will not work with EG

Post by trickyrick » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:36 pm

OK I found another post about the error
viewtopic.php?t=10385
Still dont know y ST and EG do not talk to each other

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Smartthings will not work with EG

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:25 pm

The error you are showing has been fixed and the fix will be included in the next release.

As far as the connection to ST not working. Check your network card binding order. for some reason Microsoft decided that they needed to change the binding order with the last Windows 10 update.

To change the binding order use the directions below

Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing
Click on "Change Adapter Settings" in the left pane.
When the Network Connections dialog opens press the ALT key one time. You will see a menu bar appear just above where it says "Organize"
Click on the "Advanced" menu, then click on the "Advanced Settings" menu option.
You should now see the Advanced Settings dialog. The Adapters and Binding tab should be selected already.
In the top box "Connections" you will see a list of the adapters you have installed. Make sure your network adapter is at the top of the list.
If it is not simply highlight the adapter in the list and press the up arrow button on the right. keep pressing it until the adapter is at the top of the list.
Then click OK

This has now moved your adapter to the top of the list and it will be the first adapter that gets used when attempting to make any kind of a connection.
See if that solves your problem.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image