SoundGraph iMON API Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
brand10
Experienced User

Re: SoundGraph iMON API Plugin

Post by brand10 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:10 am

All iMON devices works with the original iMON IR Controller or with a MCE compatible remote only.

mulletman

Post by mulletman » Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 am

Hi brand10, I would like to congratulate you on this fantastic plugin. Got my Antec Fusion up and running in no time using this tool. The only thing that slightly tripped me up is that the iMon software interprets some commands as keyboard shortcuts i.e. backspace and a few others. I should have read your original post a little more thoroughly as you have mentioned it there. This plugin should be included with the standard set of plugins bundled with Eventghost. iMon has a large install base in the HTPC market, it took me a little while to track down the plugin through the forums. Keep up the good work and look forward to when you get all events coming through the one plugin. :D

seelenfaenger

Post by seelenfaenger » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Great Plugin! Many thanks!

I have one question: When I keep the arrow keys of the pad controller from my IMON Pad remote pressed it sends out the signal as long as the keys are pressed. When using your plugin as a substitution of my former "workaround" with the simkey plugin the event seems to be triggered only once. Will it be possible some day to have the multiple events as well? Would be nice as browsing through the channels of DVBViewer would then be a single press of the button and not a repeating one.

Hmm, hope I described it in a clear way. ;-)

kind regards

seelenfaenger
P.S.: Of course I think as well it should be included in the set of standard plugins. Really great plugin!

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 pm

This Plugin fires enduring events only, except the volume knob actions where it makes no sense... So its up to you to repeat the desired action. This has to be done in the eventghost configuration with the "automatic repeat" command.

seelenfaenger

Post by seelenfaenger » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks for the hint! I will try it as soon as wife and kids are in bed ;-)

m.brunna

Post by m.brunna » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Hello,

I've got the following problem when trying to use the iMON API plugin.

My system setup is:
1) Windows 7 (64bit)
2) Antec Veris EZ IR receiver (Hardware Ids: HID\VID_15C2&PID_0042) which works with the iMON Manager
3) Logitech Harmony 300 configured as MCE Remote
4) iMON Manager ver 8.12.1202
5) EventGhost ver 0.4.1.r1572

I configured the iMON Manager as it was described, i.e. enabled "Use Remote Control Plug-in Mode". It is up and running. Now I start EventGhost with the SoundGraph iMON API plugin and get the error message "iMON_API: Can't get control of remote" in the log.
I search both programs for options but couldn't find any which seem to be connected to the problem.

Does anyone of you have an idea how to solve this problem or where to look?

Thanks in advance,
Michael

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:02 am

Please check if there is another program, which is using the remote. Media Center, etc. for example...

m.brunna

Post by m.brunna » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanks for the fast reply.
However, your hint didn't solve my problem or at least not alone.
What solved my problem was that I now run the iMON Manager as administrator.
Now I receive the right events in EventGhost.

Thanks again.

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:12 am

Hmm. Strange because this should be the default after installing the Manager.
However... as long as it works...

Coy_08

Post by Coy_08 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:46 am

Hello,

I'm new to EG and to this forum. I know this is an old topic, but I made an account because I have some questions about this plugin.

This plugin works really well. Thank you for your work! :D
But, you say that some buttons doesn't work in EG and are directly mapped to the Keyboard/Mouse.
brand10 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 am
3.) Please note, that with "new" Soundgraph Hardware some buttons does not fire an event in EG, because they are directly mapped to the Keyboard/Mouse HID (look at this table). Currently i try to develop a 2nd plugin to override this...
Those buttons you are talking about, are they the number buttons/keys 0-9 and, the * and # key?
I can't seem to get them to work in EG.

I would like to change them, because when I press e.g. button 1, I don't get the number 1 on my screen. Instead I get the & symbol. Same story for number 2, 3, 4, .... and so on.

Now, I've realized something, which I don't understand. You're saying that the buttons use the Keyboard/Mouse HID, so how is it possible then, that my keyboard layout in Windows 10 is set to AZERTY (Belgium), when the remote control, sends QWERTY commands to my screen???

azerty Belgium layout:https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY#/m ... layout.png
querty layout:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTY#/m ... States.svg

Also, I've found out that the number buttons, are in fact matched with the keys on the keyboard, not with a number. For some reason, the programmers from Soundgraph, have also chosen to use the numbers above the letters, instead of choosing the numbers from the keypad? Maybe because some users don't have a keypad? Like on a laptop..?
Any idea how I can change my remote control to the keyboard layout of my Windows 10? Because apparently it isn't possible to change the keys themselves.

Second, what about the 2nd plugin you were talking about? Is it still in process? I searched the forum, but couldn't find anything about it.
If not, is there still another way to change the number buttons?

I would be happy to hear... because I don't know what else I can do.
I also tried winLirc, but I haven't really got a clue how to get this thing working :(

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Coy_08 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:46 am
Now, I've realized something, which I don't understand. You're saying that the buttons use the Keyboard/Mouse HID, so how is it possible then, that my keyboard layout in Windows 10 is set to AZERTY (Belgium), when the remote control, sends QWERTY commands to my screen???

There are multiple reasons why this could be happening..

I need an example of what you mean by "on your screen"

I have done some work on making a plugin that will capture the remote control commands and also allow control of their LCD screens.

Give this a test and tell me if it works or not.,
Attachments
iMON-0.0.1b.egplugin
(220.05 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:00 pm

also you will have to make sure that in the iMon software you enable "plugin mode" for both the display and the remote portions of the software. This has to be done in order for things to work properly.

Coy_08

Post by Coy_08 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:53 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 pm
I have done some work on making a plugin that will capture the remote control commands and also allow control of their LCD screens.

Give this a test and tell me if it works or not.,
Okay, so I've downloaded the plugin and tried it.
But I get an error:

Code: Select all

Error starting plugin: iMON
Remote Control plug-in mode not enabled
Am I doing something wrong...? :?
kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 pm
I need an example of what you mean by "on your screen"
I mean, when I press like number 2 on the remote control, I doesn't send the number 2 to my pc. It sends the é-symbol.
I've checked this, with opening notepad, to see what the pc is receiving when I push a button.

Plugin mode is already enabled in iMon.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:23 pm

I do not have an iMon device. So I am not able to fully test this thing.. But could you do me a favor.. send me the iMon application.. I want to have a look at it.. I should be able to install it and start it up and see if I can figure out why that error is occurring,

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:28 pm

the good news is that it appears as tho the API is working... I just looked at the code again. I am going to check on the returned values to the dll function call to see if I made a boo boo.

I may remove that checking of the plugin mode and see if we can progress further along.. There is no API documentation any more. I am piecing this together for information I have found on the internet.. so some of it may be incorrect.. I can't use any information from winlirc because it does not support it.. and lirc has made their own driver for the thing and from what I have read is the driver doesn't even work all that well..

you might be able to help out with it if you are able to locate more information on the API..