Amazon Fraud

You can Post Talk Chat about anything here. Anything but religion/bullshit & politics/stupidity
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Amazon Fraud

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:10 am

Check this out folks. This is a tidbit of information that i stumbled upon.

This is the shipping selection box at the checkout for some parts i ordered for my car.
AF.png
Now I chose the expedited shipping and I paid the additional 40 beans for it.

But when i went to track the package I noticed that the shipping was done via Standard FedEx Home Delivery. which is the slowest method. And I am thinking to myself.. what the hell?!?!?

well Amazon has the seller specify the delivery date window and requires them to adhere to it..

So I did a check. if I had selected the cheaper delivery I would get my package on the same date. huh??...

well look close.

the delivery date ranges overlap by one day.. so if the standard method gets it there at the beginning of the date range for the standard method. but it also gets the item there at the ass end of the expedited. so they ship it standard take your money and give you nothing because amazon does not require them to actually give you a better shipping method. only to get it there within the dates they supply?!?! This is FRAUD! I brought this up to the seller. and their response is what caused me to look closer at this. they instantly refunded my money for the upgraded shipping, didn't even have to really explain anything to them. I didn't know of the overlap on this. all I knew about was the fact the item was still send via the slowest shipping method. and asked what did i pay the additional money for.

The ease in which i got a refund was suspicious to me. so I did some looking and the above is what i discovered. So I started a chat with an Amazon rep. and they defended the Fraud. stating they do not supply the dates the seller does.. and that they have no control over it.. blah blah blah..

So I said..
Is it Amazon's website that displayed the dates to me and what the charges are? When I pay for my purchase do I pay Amazon or the seller?, and does this payment include the shipping?.... So Amazon is responsible.

Then I got the proverbial boot with the line from the rep
We do appreciate feedback like this as it helps to make our store better... I will make sure that this gets to the correct people in the company.

So pay attention and don't get ripped off.

Amazon just started a major hub here in Denver. I am in my right mind to go there and speak face to face with someone. I want to know how many customers have been ripped off in this fashion. they pay for something they never get. This is a very crafty way to commit Fraud. the the kicker is that Amazon allows it and defends the practice of it.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

zian
Site Admin

Re: Amazon Fraud

Post by zian » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:20 pm

Good info brother.
Gracies
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:55 am

I was just looking around while taking a break from playing with EG. I'm a 40 year retail veteran. What you describe is the infamous oldie but goodie called The Bait and Switch. As a Consumer, you should be proud of yourself that you're paying attention enough that you not even noticed the con, but tried to do something about it! This practice has been ongoing since the advent of Mail Order, literally, Sears, Roebuck & Company, 1890 something. It has been challenged dozens and dozens of times thru-out the years. It's such a gray grey (Canadian, sorry...lol) area that's so easy to manipulate, it will never be eliminated. Moral or not, to the bottom line together we march. Congrats for noticing...imagine the numbers that don't.
Thanx,

Steve

Win10 Pro - 2004 - 64bit i7-4771 3.50GHz 32GB RAM 60TB Storage
EG - 0.5.0rc6, FileBot - 4.9.1.0, VidCoder 5.21
USBIRT, O-MEGA, DirWatcher, Keyboard, VLC
MediaPortal ...et al.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:53 am

I know right. think about all of the money..

Here is another one for ya...

buying insurance for your package when you ship it...
Why??... we are paying to get a package from point A to point B undamaged. If the package gets damaged, lost, stolen floats away... whatever.. this is because of the negligence of one or more of the employees at the shipping company, isn't the employees employer responsible for their negligence. of course they are.. do you think that the employer has insurance to cover their employees negligence?? of course they do.. so now explain to me once again why I have to buy insurance on a package I am shipping????

Now they will use terms like "declare the value" sure you want to do that. this way you can get reimbursed when your package vanishes or gets destroyed. But the people at shipping companies consider declaring the value as me saying "I want insurance" You tell them NO NO NO... me saying how much an item is worth in no way = "i want insurance" I want to declare the value so that when my package vanishes or gets damages. which both can only occur from employee negligence The value needs to be "declared" or rather "stated" so that the company will reimburse me.. after some time going back and forth with them.. they will finally say.. well we can state the value of the item but that number is going to appear on the shipping label.. OK so??? if it still disappears while in the possession of the shipping company they have to pay for the item.. so why the hell would ya care if that dollar amount is on the label. the only person that is going to steal it would be someone that works at the shipping company..

If I am paying for a package to be shipped. A I am Paying for it to actually get there. and B I am paying for it to get there undamaged. if neither of those 2 things happen then guess what.. they are paying me. I should not have to pay for insurance for a service that I have already paid for..

Now here is the real kick in the ass on this one.. Do you really think that the shipping company actually pulls a separate insurance policy out on your package??.. well if they did and something happened to your package. would you not end up speaking directly with the insurance company??... How come that never takes place. you end up talking to some claims rep at the shipping company.. It's because they never took out an insurance policy on your package. they will amass say 250,000 worth of claims or payout. and then they will submit one big ass claim to their General Liability insurance company.

if the person behind the counter is going round and round with you. it's simple.. tell them you want the insurance policy number. the name of the company that is insuring the package as well as the declaration for the insurance policy. if they try to tell you that your tracking number is the policy number.. your comment is..I am not buying insurance am ?? because every single package has a tracking number. there for every single package is already insured.

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:54 pm

I feel for ya.....but unfortunately it's a numbers game. The majority don't notice and it's cash in the register with little or no labour. I worked at Radio Shack years ago and they pretty much invented the warranty program on computers and electronics. Consumers Distributing was another. The object was to commit about 50% of sales to warranty but stats showed less than 1% of public made use of warranty issues. At a meeting in Japan at the time it was suggested to my boss that they start to install "less superior" components to shorten the lifespan of products. They wanted to outlast the warranty....barely. I still have a small amplifier in my garage from Radio Shack, must be 45 years old. Has outlasted every amplifier and receiver tuner I have ever bought. I neglected to buy the warranty at the time. :)
Thanx,

Steve

MediaPortal ...et al.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:37 pm

buying any kind of an extended warranty is a joke. you are not buying any kind of a warranty. what you are buying is an insurance policy. and we all know insurance companies pay out as little as possible if anything. Point ini fact. my buddy bout a 2012 LandRover HSE used. he bought the "extended warranty" for it. 8 months later.. then engine blew. it is a known issue with Land Rovers. the cylinder sleeves shift and a crack can happen in the cylinder wall behind the sleeve. and then coolant gets between the sleeve and cylinder wall. as you can guess nothing good happens from that.

Thy denied my buddy's claim to get the engine replaced. They stated that because he changed the wheels (rims) they would not warranty the engine even tho the wheels were the same size as the optional wheels that can be purchased form LandRover and they are within manufacturer specification. their claim to fame is this.. because the wheel diameter is larger the odometer reading is going to be incorrect. which is a false statement. the circumstance of his wheels and tires are exactly the same as the ones that came on the vehicle. the real h the company does not even cover wheels because they classify them as consumable like the tires and the brakes. But they will use them to deny a claim for a blown engine.

complete waste of money.

I have the last great AVR that Harman Kardon made the AVR-745. I did have to have some work done to it. But I have been in the audio industry most of my life. and I know some of the engineers over at Harman. There was a design flaw originally in the power supply. and an engineer there worked up an upgrade while providing instructions for repair. they sent me the service manuals for every single HK product made (on a CD). Now Normally I would have had the thing sent to Harman. But I live 2000 miles away from them and the AVR weights 70 LBS. so I wasn't going to send it over to them. I found a local repair shop. when I went in the guy there said to me.. they are unable to fix it because they are not a certified Harman repair facility. and they don't have any of the manuals for it. I then handed the guy the CD and the instructions for upgrade.. I then called Harman right there on thee spot. and had him added to the list of Authorized repair facilities and said to him.. "Now you are". the look on his face was priceless. But I wanted my AVR to be considered only serviced by Harman. and this is the closest thing I could have done. The guy came back with the price of repair being 800.00 USD. I told him at that price II was not going to repair it. I paid 900.00 USD for the thing when I got it new. original price was 3500.00 but I got it directly from Harman because i sold/installed a lot of their product line. JBL, Infinity..so on and so forth. so at 800 it was almost what I had paid for it. I gave him the engineers direct phone number that had worked out the repair/upgrade. and they made some adjustment to the components and the new price was 400. which i could live with. and the guy that did the repair said that If i was not going to fix it after the second price he was going to offer to buy it from me. Because he had not seen something that was built so well in a very long time. the "amplifiers" inside of the thing are not the FET's you see used all the time now.

FET Transistor
fet_transistor.png
Transistors in my AVR
transistor.png
transistor.png (34.59 KiB) Viewed 1776 times

the older ones used a hell of a lot more power but are far more reliable then the FET's

I still use that AVR today. it is now almost 20 years old. and it drives my Surround Sound. it only has HDMI1.1 so I do not use it for the Video Switching. But then again I do not need it for that because all of my video comes from a single source.

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Old School is and always will be the best school.

Now if I can only remember to save my EG Tree when I'm playing with it. Just lost about, oh say 2 hours work not paying attention while watching Doom Patrol and then having that infernal "Not responding" message......donkey farts.
Thanx,

Steve

MediaPortal ...et al.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:47 pm

@Steve

if you are running EG 0.5 and this problem is happening I would like it if you can answer/do the following
How often do you have that not responding error?.
Were you copying and pasting a bunch of things around in your tree?
Do me a favor next time you are messing around with organizing your tree and start EG from a command line with -debug on the end. this is going to create a debugging log file. if and when EG crashes it should log the reason it did so to a file. if you create a new shortcut on your desktop with the -debug parameter in the shortcut this should make it easier for ya.

The funny thing is I used to have this happen to me a long time ago when i was running EG 0.4 I have not been able to cause the problem with EG 0.5 So i had thought the problem was fixed (don't know how but who knows)

jenziel4jawan

Post by jenziel4jawan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:28 am

Great Share bro. I am Little Worried if these Big Brands Do Things Like This. How Can We trust Them?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Did you know...

The CEO of amazon Jeff Bezos has increased in wealth by something close to 90 Billion Dollars since the begining of this year. He just topped 200 Billion.. That's 200000000000.00 dollars!

JohnEvans

Post by JohnEvans » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:20 am

I really didn't know this. Thanks for sharing. Because it seems things will not become better.

freeman

Post by freeman » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:52 pm

What great information. I needed this because I was planning to become a part of their Amazon Associates program, but now I feel skeptic!