Move mouse with a remote button

If you have macros or EventGhost Configuration Tree items you wish to share this is the place to do it.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Move mouse with a remote button

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 am

OK so this is a nice streamlined mechanism for those of you that have remotes that DOES NOT make use of enduring events. I personally do not like the use of enduring events because it makes the whole event system come to a grinding halt until that event ends (releasing the button) and while that takes place no other events get processed. any plugin i make that deals with remotes or any kind of input I do not make use of enduring events..

I came up with this script because there are folks that like to use the mouse from a remote. as an example. the Pulse Eight plugin. This allows for nice smooth operation of the mouse.

Be sure to open the MouseMove script and read the directions at the top

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="WIP-2018.05.25-17.43.19">
    <Folder Name="Move Mouse" XML_Guid="{9B208B86-41A2-4A86-9B73-E4E2D1EA9AA0}" Expanded="True">
        <Macro Name="MoveMouse" XML_Guid="{ACFB7EC5-5153-4207-AFD6-135ACD401456}" Expanded="True">
            <Event Name="Test.Up" XML_Guid="{249B84AD-021A-48A2-9C46-616D9E3E494A}" />
            <Event Name="Test.Down" XML_Guid="{249B84AD-021A-48A2-9C46-616D9E3E494A}" />
            <Event Name="Test.Left" XML_Guid="{249B84AD-021A-48A2-9C46-616D9E3E494A}" />
            <Event Name="Test.Right" XML_Guid="{249B84AD-021A-48A2-9C46-616D9E3E494A}" />
            <Action Name="MoveMouse" XML_Guid="{FEDF7E5D-AA77-45B0-BD12-01A48CF72CC9}">
                EventGhost.PythonScript(u'# These Values you can change\n# ---------------------\nSTART_SPEED = 150 # inital speed\nMAX_SPEED = 7000 # i think you got this one\nACCELERATION = 7 #     ""\nTIMEOUT = 50  # milliseconds\n# above is a timeout period. add one of the direction key events to the Get Timeout macro and hold the key down for several seconds. after 5 seconds the value you need to set tis to will be printed in the log\n# --------------------\n\n\ndirections = dict(\n    Up=0.0,\n    Right=90.0,\n    Down=180.0,\n    Left=270.0\n    \n)\n\nimport threading\nimport time\n\nstart_time = time.time()\n\ndef do(up_func, event, evt):\n    eg.Print(\'Moving Mouse: Direction \' + event.split(\'.\')[-1])\n    \n    while not evt.isSet():\n        if eg.event.string != event:\n            if event.rsplit(\'.\', 1)[0] != eg.event.string.rsplit(\'.\', 1)[0]:\n                up_func()\n            break\n        \n        if time.time() - start_time &gt;= float(TIMEOUT) / 1000.0:\n            up_func[0]()\n            break\n        evt.wait(0.001)\n    thread.pop(0)\n\ntry:\n    if thread:\n        new_direction = eg.event.string.split(\'.\')[-1]\n        new_direction = directions[new_direction]\n        if new_direction != direction:\n            stop_event.set()\n            stop_event = threading.Event()\n            eg.plugins.Mouse.GoDirection(new_direction, START_SPEED, MAX_SPEED, ACCELERATION, False)\n            thread += [\n                threading.Thread(\n                    target=do,\n                    args=(eg.event.upFuncList.pop(), eg.event.string, stop_event)\n                )\n            ]\n            thread[-1].daemon = True\n            thread[-1].start()\n        \n    else:\n        direction = eg.event.string.split(\'.\')[-1]\n        direction = directions[direction]\n        stop_event = threading.Event()\n        eg.plugins.Mouse.GoDirection(direction, START_SPEED, MAX_SPEED, ACCELERATION, False)\n        thread += [\n            threading.Thread(\n                target=do,\n                args=(eg.event.upFuncList.pop(), eg.event.string, stop_event)\n            )\n        ]\n        thread[-1].daemon = True\n        thread[-1].start()\n    \n        \nexcept NameError:\n    direction = eg.event.string.split(\'.\')[-1]\n    direction = directions[direction]\n    stop_event = threading.Event()\n    eg.plugins.Mouse.GoDirection(direction, START_SPEED, MAX_SPEED, ACCELERATION, False)\n    thread = [\n        threading.Thread(\n            target=do,\n            args=(eg.event.upFuncList.pop(), eg.event.string, stop_event)\n        )\n    ]\n    thread[0].daemon = True\n    thread[0].start()\n\n\n')
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Test Script" XML_Guid="{53E6BD27-9C62-48E9-907E-3945F43350AA}" Expanded="True">
            <Action Name="RUN THIS TO SEE MOUSE MOVE" XML_Guid="{8950BE00-9E5A-467C-AE40-337730C9FED7}">
                EventGhost.PythonScript(u"import time\nimport threading\n\n\ndef do():\n    for i in range(120):\n        \n        if 60 &gt; i &gt; 30 :\n            eg.TriggerEvent(prefix='Test', suffix='Right')\n        elif 90 &gt; i &gt; 60:\n            eg.TriggerEvent(prefix='Test', suffix='Down')\n        elif 120 &gt; i &gt; 90:\n            eg.TriggerEvent(prefix='Test', suffix='Left')\n        else:\n            eg.TriggerEvent(prefix='Test', suffix='Up')\n            \n        time.sleep(0.045)\nthreading.Thread(target=do).start()")
            </Action>
        </Macro>
        <Macro Name="Get Timeout" XML_Guid="{BFD7A369-0B98-4F58-A2EE-A1BA12B86BC1}" Expanded="True">
            <Action Name="ADD DIRECTION BUTTON EVENT AND HOLD BUTTON FOR 3 SECONDS" XML_Guid="{E022C56C-A09C-4BCD-9717-19BED95CDF1C}">
                EventGhost.PythonScript(u'import time\nimport threading\n\n\ndef do():\n    global thread\n    event = threading.Event()\n    event.wait(5)\n    print int(timeout)\n    event.wait(2)\n    thread = None\n\ntry:\n    if thread is None:\n        raise NameError\n    \n    end = time.time()\n    timeout = max(timeout, (end - start) * 1000)\n    start = end\n\nexcept NameError:\n    timeout = 0\n    thread = threading.Thread(target=do)\n    start = time.time()\n    thread.start()\n    \n\n    ')
            </Action>
        </Macro>
    </Folder>
</EventGhost>
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

cvben

Re: Move mouse with a remote button

Post by cvben » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:55 pm

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Move mouse with a remote button