Microsoft MCE Remote Vista

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Re: Microsoft MCE Remote Vista

Post by Flyingsubs » Mon May 07, 2018 2:24 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:17 pm
Yea, I would say go ahead and do that as long as you can roll back to a working configuration if things don't work out. I don't want to break anything in this process. Its good there is a working version of the newest version of EG on the newest version of WIndows. Thanks for the help. :D
No problem! How to I roll back? I'm assuming just keep track of the versions I have used. I'm gonna save the plugin of 1.1.1 on a different location and then put in the new version. Is there a particular version you want me to test? Happy to help out the community.

-Flyingsubs

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Alright, I havent done this in a while but I would do is shutdown the service, then remove init_.py and init_.pyc from the c:\programfilesx86\plugins\mcevista folder (Make sure you save a copy, and place where you know where it is. Then install the newest version. You could also save the entire mcevista folder just in case but I think the only thing that changed among versions are the init_.py files. Everything else I see in that directory looks to be related to the service, and the installer for the service. I would save a full directory of both just in case.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Tue May 08, 2018 6:23 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:58 pm
Alright, I havent done this in a while but I would do is shutdown the service, then remove init_.py and init_.pyc from the c:\programfilesx86\plugins\mcevista folder (Make sure you save a copy, and place where you know where it is. Then install the newest version. You could also save the entire mcevista folder just in case but I think the only thing that changed among versions are the init_.py files. Everything else I see in that directory looks to be related to the service, and the installer for the service. I would save a full directory of both just in case.
Ok cool. That was what I was thinking I should do. Hopefully I'll have some time tonight to test. If it works, then I'm not sure why my server downstairs doesn't work.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Wed May 09, 2018 11:21 pm

It works with no issues!! Idk whats wrong with my computer downstairs, thats very strange. Everything i'm running is identical. Maybe another plugin or some software is interfering with it. Very interesting.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 am

Which plugins do you have installed downstairs? What other macros are in that setup? Can you share your configuration tree? Maybe try setting this up again. You said downstairs is a duplicate of the EG, Plugin, and Windows version correct? I apologize for being so late to reply.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Thu May 17, 2018 8:43 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:10 am
Which plugins do you have installed downstairs? What other macros are in that setup? Can you share your configuration tree? Maybe try setting this up again. You said downstairs is a duplicate of the EG, Plugin, and Windows version correct? I apologize for being so late to reply.
All good I have a lot more things running downstairs. Do you just want me to shoot a screen shot of all my plugins?

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:46 am

A screenshot might work. Let me know if anything installs a service, or interacts with a keyboard, or remote. Thanks.

ArranH

Post by ArranH » Sat May 19, 2018 5:34 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:46 am
A screenshot might work. Let me know if anything installs a service, or interacts with a keyboard, or remote. Thanks.
Thanks for that. I had the same issue and that solved it.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Sun May 20, 2018 1:51 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:46 am
Here is an attached screen shot! Thanks.

-Flyingsubs
Attachments
Screen Shot.png

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 am

Right off the bat, I would suspect the keyboard plugin but I could be wrong. I believe that if a keyboard plugin macro is executing then it will block those keystrokes to windows. Maybe speech as well. Anything that hooks into input devices is where I would start.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 am

jachin99 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 am
Right off the bat, I would suspect the keyboard plugin but I could be wrong. I believe that if a keyboard plugin macro is executing then it will block those keystrokes to windows. Maybe speech as well. Anything that hooks into input devices is where I would start.
Ok! I'll try disabling it. I can definitely get rid of the speech one. Thanks!