Pulse-Eight CEC +

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
nYce

Re: Pulse-Eight CEC +

Post by nYce » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:39 am

jachin99 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm
I deleted the old plugin and installed the new one. I'm getting the same error but I noticed EG remembered my configuration, or more specifically what I named my connection. Is there some configuration file we might also have to delete in the libcec folder itself?
Good question. I dont know.

But the version before is running at your system with no problems? you also have no blank dropdowns? hmm.. dont know what could be wrong here..

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:31 am

The version before worked fine for me. The drop down boxes acted a little wierd but closing and opening them usually solved the problem. My next idea was to uninstall and delete the plugin then uninstall lib CEC, making sure I delete all traces from the registry etc. Then reinstall everything in the proper order. I'll wait a bit for that because others might chime in.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:09 am

any way i can get you to open the plugin config and get a screen shot for me.
:D
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:12 am

I know about the blank dropdowns. you have them currently because the plugin is not connecting to the adapter. we need to figure out why. As far as the dropdown not working in the older version there is a work around. you need to open the action config. select the cec adapter. even if it is already showing still select it in the dropdown. hit apply and then OK. then reopen the config dialog and there should be devices listed. I fixed this in the version i posted but i may have broken something else.

nYce

Post by nYce » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:48 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:09 am
any way i can get you to open the plugin config and get a screen shot for me.
:D
Is there any Config file you want the screenshot from?

Just one Adapter Connected:
error6.PNG
It seems like on the first initialize it doesnt find the adapter. If i open the Config, it seems fine and if i reinitilize the plugin. there is no error anymore.

But in the last version something broke adding actions (see screenshot from my last post (with screenshots)).

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Here are mine also
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG
Attachments
1Capture.JPG

nYce

Post by nYce » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Okay.. i didnt install any other versions. Still on your testversion:

I plugged in my second adapter. AND.. It seems like my first adapter works now. I really cant tell what this is.
Sometimes it says, i cant get a connection, sometimes it works (first no connection, on retry it works, usually)
it seems that i have to run eventghost as admin. or at least run it once as admin, so it gets the config right.. didnt figure it out yet.)

but:.. It is not opening a connection to my second adapter (COM8) (although it finds it in the config).
error12.PNG

Therefore i can just use the COM9 adapter
error12a.PNG

If i unplug the first (COM9) and restart eventghost. it works with the COM8 Adapter.... So both adapters are working (alone).

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:52 am

OK you are the first user that has tested this with 2 adapters. so I am sure there are going to be some things that are going to need to be sorted through.

I have a lot of things going on at the moment in my personal life and I will get this this. but you are going to have to be patient.

nYce

Post by nYce » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:20 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:52 am
OK you are the first user that has tested this with 2 adapters. so I am sure there are going to be some things that are going to need to be sorted through.

I have a lot of things going on at the moment in my personal life and I will get this this. but you are going to have to be patient.
Alright. I'm up for some testing, if you need me. We can also go for any kind of pn/instant messenger(e.g.telegram), if you need faster feedback! :)

And of course: Take your time!
Just don't forget me :D

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:21 pm

OK i have completely rewritten the control portion of the plugin. I have to give the GUI crap a breeze through.

With my extensive reading on this really ass backwards non standard protocol i have discovered a few things that i can do.

change the device type the cec adapter acts like.
change the namethe CEC adapter uses on the CEC bus (this is what would appear on other devices)
optionally set if you want the computer shutdown if you power off the TV
optionally set if you want the computer to go into standby if you power off the TV
change the key combination button. this is the button you press before you press a key combination.
set a timeout for the key combination button (how long to resume normal single button operation)
set the key press repeat rate. how fast will it send button presses in succession
set the delay between key down and key up
double tap smoothing (i like to call this the anti wife yelling at me feature)
set auto wake for the AVR when a source is activated

events for commands received by the cec adapter from other devices
events for menu state changes
events for key presses
events for source changes
multi level logging

you can also stop the propagation of menu state changes, key presses, and source changes.
what this means, as an example. if you press a button on your remote that is supposed to do something on another device. it will generate an event in EG for it. but it stops the device from receiving the key press. Could be useful for parental controls or altering button assignments.

you can also display some text on the screen

volume/mute should work properly if you have an AVR connected

and all of the features it currently does.

The key combination thing is pretty sweet this expands the number of buttons on a controller buy a huge amount.

I will work on this again this evening and see if i can possibly get it wrapped up. we will see what happens.

nYce

Post by nYce » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:05 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:21 pm
OK i have completely rewritten the control portion of the plugin. I have to give the GUI crap a breeze through.

With my extensive reading on this really ass backwards non standard protocol i have discovered a few things that i can do.

change the device type the cec adapter acts like.
change the namethe CEC adapter uses on the CEC bus (this is what would appear on other devices)
optionally set if you want the computer shutdown if you power off the TV
optionally set if you want the computer to go into standby if you power off the TV
change the key combination button. this is the button you press before you press a key combination.
set a timeout for the key combination button (how long to resume normal single button operation)
set the key press repeat rate. how fast will it send button presses in succession
set the delay between key down and key up
double tap smoothing (i like to call this the anti wife yelling at me feature)
set auto wake for the AVR when a source is activated

events for commands received by the cec adapter from other devices
events for menu state changes
events for key presses
events for source changes
multi level logging

you can also stop the propagation of menu state changes, key presses, and source changes.
what this means, as an example. if you press a button on your remote that is supposed to do something on another device. it will generate an event in EG for it. but it stops the device from receiving the key press. Could be useful for parental controls or altering button assignments.

you can also display some text on the screen

volume/mute should work properly if you have an AVR connected

and all of the features it currently does.

The key combination thing is pretty sweet this expands the number of buttons on a controller buy a huge amount.

I will work on this again this evening and see if i can possibly get it wrapped up. we will see what happens.
Wow, that sounds great.!

i already think about the possibilites!
I always wanted to use my remotes to control the pc much more :D

But its true.. the cec "standard" is quite a mess...
My projector (from optoma) for example doenst react to the power on commands. But shutdown works. Although just if i broadcast the shutdown and it gets it from the AVR too..

so my prev. setup was on KODI/VLC shutdown -> broadcast a shutdown (so AVR+projector turns off) -> wait 1 sec. -> Turn AVR (Denon) on again to keep music and stuff.
After 1 minute (should be enough for the fan to cool it) i cut the power for the projector so it starts on next power on (auto-power-on if it gets power in projector settings).

With your features i'm maybe able to get more informations, what signals are sent from my projector.

Another thing:
With your current beta. It always says, i have no AVR connected. Instead i can turn the AVR on by using the Tuner 1.
If i Turn the AVR on manually, i get the Event in Eventghost that AVR AND Tuner1 are turned on o_O.

Is this maybe a setting in the AVR itself? Maybe my projector is mapped as AVR?

Well.. whatever.. just some thoughts.
I'm looking forward to your new version and if everything works i can get into my little problems here i guess! :)

LG Jay

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:41 pm

I do not know what the lumen output of your projector is. I have an Epson and it is a 2300ish lumen projector and the fun in it runs for 5 minutes after I shut the thing off. I actually have mine on a battery backup. because if the power goes out while you are watching it. there goes the 400 dollar bulb. I did up a diy projector lift and i use an arduino microcontroller to control the thing. i put a temp sensor in the out side of the fan and when the temp is at the point where the fan is about to shut off (i don't remember what the temp is) then it will retract the projector. I also have that same temp sensor tell me when i need to clean the air filter in the projector. I have EG send me a text message letting me know.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:30 pm

OK so here is the skinny on where I am at.

I added events for power on and off of the devices.
I also added events for the connection/disconnection of devices.
as well as volume and mute

I have added the ability to control a player. things like Play. Pause, Stop. the usual media controls.
I am working on Tuner controls I am seeking some help in this area as this all has to be done through the use of raw codes. libCEC done not have any convenience methods/functions for handling this aspect of it. The reason for the support is because the way the hex segments are put together are not like the rest of the protocol definition. so hopefully i will get a response by this evening.

nYce

Post by nYce » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:39 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:41 pm
I do not know what the lumen output of your projector is. I have an Epson and it is a 2300ish lumen projector and the fun in it runs for 5 minutes after I shut the thing off. I actually have mine on a battery backup. because if the power goes out while you are watching it. there goes the 400 dollar bulb. I did up a diy projector lift and i use an arduino microcontroller to control the thing. i put a temp sensor in the out side of the fan and when the temp is at the point where the fan is about to shut off (i don't remember what the temp is) then it will retract the projector. I also have that same temp sensor tell me when i need to clean the air filter in the projector. I have EG send me a text message letting me know.

Hmm.. i got an 3.200 Lumen beamer from Optoma (Optoma HD27).

If i put it to standby, it starts the coolingfor maybe half a minute. So cutting power after 1min is just fine, since i dont need it to just stay in standby :)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:34 pm

if it works good deal.

Now as a suggestion. If you get a battery backup depending on what you get you can have the best of both worlds. The protection and the ability to cut the power after the bulb cools. When you get the notification of the power loss you can have EG turn the projector power off so it can run it's cool down cycle. Most people overlook the whole power outage aspect when buying a projector. and this causes a lot of expensive bulb failures.

I am working on the plugin still. I have been adding media controls to it. so if you say have a CEC enabled BD player you will be able to play pause stop, all of the usual gooodies. But also receive events if the player starts playing. example. someone pushes play directly on the player it's self.

The stuff with the Tuner and the Media Controls may not be available right away. this is due to the libCEC library not having support for it. So I am trying to add these abilities to it. I am not that good at C++ programming. but i did get the library to compile properly which is a big thing. so now I can mess around with adding the features.