SoundGraph iMON API Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
brand10
Experienced User

SoundGraph iMON API Plugin

Post by brand10 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 am

Hello,

I am glad to give you the first full-featured iMON EG Plugin, based on the "new" SoundGraph API.
It does not matter which SoundGraph Hardware u have, they should all work with this plugin (including MCE remotes of course ;))
Some hints:

1.) Be sure you have iMON Manager 8.04.0629 or newer installed and running!
2.) Be sure you have "Remote Control Plug-In Mode" enabled (in iMON Manager)
3.) Please note, that with "new" Soundgraph Hardware some buttons does not fire an event in EG, because they are directly mapped to the Keyboard/Mouse HID (look at this table). Currently i try to develop a 2nd plugin to override this...

4.) This is a first beta release, so maybe there are some bugs :(

P.S.: This plugin should support every iMON Device, including the "built-in" versions in Antec Fusion Remote and OrigenAE cases.
Attachments
iMON-API.zip
(120.49 KiB) Downloaded 1296 times
Last edited by brand10 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

Metylisator

Re: SoundGraph iMON API Plugin

Post by Metylisator » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:57 am

Thank you very much.
Unfortunately i can´t extract the Archive.
It shows 4 Errors: Unbekannte Methode.

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:16 am

Strange... Maybe your zip is too old.
I tried it and it works without a problem on every PC i own.

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 am

Metylisator wrote:Thank you very much.
Unfortunately i can´t extract the Archive.
It shows 4 Errors: Unbekannte Methode.
I got the same thing with winrar 4.00 (unknown method), but universal extractor works fine, as does 7-Zip

Thanks a lot, brand10, I look forward to trying it out! :)
brand10 wrote: 1.) Be sure you have iMON Manager 8.04.0629 or newer installed and running!
Is there any way to bypass the iMon software completely, (it crashes a lot for me), or is that just the way it works?

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Is there any way to bypass the iMon software completely, (it crashes a lot for me), or is that just the way it works?
No, because Soundgraphs API is completely based on the iMON Manager.
In fact that you need it for the display anyway, that is not a problem for me.

Have you tried a newer version? On my HTPC it is stable.

bjoern

Post by bjoern » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Your plugin works great for me except for one issue, of which I don't know if the problem is with your plugin or the iMon software:

When activated the plugin captures all events and nothing from within iMon manager gets fired. So I would have to port all my existing configuration from IMon Manager to EventGhost (which shurely works but would be quite teadious).

I don't know about the API but does it offer an option to return iMon to continue processing events or to tell iMon to always process events itself and send them to the plugin?

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:56 am

When activated the plugin captures all events and nothing from within iMon manager gets fired.
Thats the way the API works. It takes the exclusive access to the remote control.
I don't know about the API but does it offer an option to return iMon to continue processing events or to tell iMon to always process events itself and send them to the plugin?
No. Sorry, but there is no way to do this, because the API is not designed for such a use-case. My tip is to "move" all control to eventghost. I think that's OK, because it is much more flexible compared to the iMON Software.

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:08 am

brand10 wrote:
No, because Soundgraphs API is completely based on the iMON Manager.
In fact that you need it for the display anyway, that is not a problem for me.
OK, thanks. Yeah, I don't use the display either.
Have you tried a newer version? On my HTPC it is stable.
Yeah, I've posted on the Soundgraph forums about my problem, but no solution yet.
bjoern wrote: So I would have to port all my existing configuration from IMon Manager to EventGhost (which shurely works but would be quite tedious).
I have Eventghost set up for an MCE remote with XBMC, PowerDVD, Winamp, MPC-HC, TMT, etc. if you'd like an .xml file to save you some time.

HTPCanwender
Experienced User

Post by HTPCanwender » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:47 pm

I would like to write messages on my iMON Display. There exists also an iMON Display API. It would be nice if you could also write a Plugin to use this API. Thanks a lot.

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:16 am

I really thought about such a plugin, but at the moment i dont have enough time. Software like Mediaportal already writes messages to the display, so i personally have no need for an EG display plugin. In fact that the display API is much more complex compared to the remote API, i don't think i can write a plugin in the next time. Sorry!

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 am

brand10 wrote: 4.) This is a first beta release, so maybe there are some bugs :(
I've been using this for a bit now, and I'd just like to say thanks again. I haven't discovered any bugs, and it can do so much more than the Soundgraph software.

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:15 am

Thank you! I am pleased to hear that.
But i found a little bug :) I will post a new version within the next days.

brand10
Experienced User

Post by brand10 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:25 pm

For the new version i could need your help:

Can you test this plugin with PC suspend / resume?
Is it still working after a standby?

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 am

Yep, it works fine after an S3 Sleep mode & resumes fine too.

http://i.imgur.com/Nelmj.gif is a pic of it in action.

I did manage to break it once, by pressing the power button while it was shutting down, but I don't know if that is related to your Plugin, or just Windows not liking that. It's not really too much of a problem, I only switched it off & on again quickly when I was testing it; in normal use that wouldn't arise.

ptyx

Post by ptyx » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Hello all,

I installed this plugin (for an Origenae IR310, see http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtop ... 79c#p21445) and it's working just fine.

My question is : with this plugin, is it possible to "learn" an IR signal coming from a remote IR device (I'm thinking about the remote of my Hi-Fi amplificator or the one of my apple TV...) ?

Let me be more precise : is it possible to associate to an IR signal (which I can see it's well received : a red led flashing on the receiver is confirming the reception) to an event on EG ?