SunTracker - with moving ghost

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
eirik226
Experienced User

Re: SunTracker - with moving ghost

Post by eirik226 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:46 pm

We spent some time going over the code - it seems to be the pywapi.py that is the reason for Fahrenheit not working. Yokel is taking a closer look, seems to be something with:

Code: Select all

def get_weather_from_weather_com(location_id, units = 'imperial'):
   """Fetches weather report from Weather.com

[i]
I'm looking into why it's not properly grabbing the unitCtrl.GetStringSelection()[/i]

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:57 am

Yes, this was a bug, I used the wrong keyword, should be 'imperial' for non-metrics. New version 1.6.2 is uploaded

yokel22
Experienced User

Post by yokel22 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks, working beatifully.

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:27 pm

Help Please...
This plug in is hard (for me).
All I want to do is have one light come on at sundown and same light off at sun up... every day... 365... if I am home or not.
Seems easy. lol

I think I have my location right but I just don't understand what or how to get times from web or even fire off the x-10 macro to fire on/off.

Any pointers... or links... or even images showing/telling me how to do this.

btw... I did search. But I didn't read through this whole topic.
:(

Thanks all.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Dear Zian,
You can set it as the following example, just pick a time when you are sure the sun is always up (I used 11:00). Set you location lat & lon and you should get an event at Sunset & Sunrise. You can tweak it further if you like, adding other options as well. In my example the lamp will be synchronized to its correct state every 30 minute as well but this can be set more frequently or disabled as well
Skärmklipp.JPG
Skärmklipp.JPG (14.73 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
Skärmklipp1.JPG

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Awesome!!!
It works.

I never had all the 1100s (11am) for the daily settings. Works like a charm.

Thanks for the hand holding Walter.
Very much.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-07-02-13-22-16.png
Like Clock Work
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

cableghost

Post by cableghost » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:55 pm

I would like to use this plugin for adjusting brightness of my LIFX office light bas on day/night. Is it possible to set Sunrise and Sunset Events? When creating a new Macro with SunTracker, I don't see such a specific Event to watch for.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:35 am

I have been curious about this plugin for a while so I set it up really quick. Just to get you started, I'll describe what I did.

1. Download the latest version of the plugin from krambriw's signature. This is needed in order to get data from weather.com I believe
2. Fill out your longitude and latitude information Longitude (up and down) will be first and have N or S suffix. Lattitude will be second and have W or E suffix. These values will let EG and suntracker guess sunrise and sunset times based on preset values, and does not rely on weather.com (Someone may need to confirm this).

3. Fill out the location value. Weather.com needs this, and you won't get events based on weather changes or weather updates without it. If you browse to your local weather on weather.com in the US the value will be your zipcode:some number:US. An example would be 12345:4:US.
4. I'm not sure what its for but I set the summer beginning and ending months which are June and September in the US.
5. Set the prefix. I set mine to weather
6. Fill out when you want events to be created. Options include sunset, sunrise, and when the weather conditions change.

Now when the sun sets or the weather changes, you will get a little message on the left side of the EventGhost screen saying things like, "weather.weather conditions: 'Fair' I haven't gone through the sun rising or settting yet but I would guess it will say something like weather.weather sunrise. If your not sure how to build your macro from here then I'll try to help with that too.

I can post screenshots if need be but hopefully that gets you going. I might do a full writeup with screen captures at some point. I hope that helps.

cableghost

Post by cableghost » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:47 am

Thank you. I've gone through the setup phase, though how can I react via Event to sunrise & sunset?

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:43 am

Check my response to your original post because I don't want to crowd this one.