Ad blocker detected:
Our software and support is 100% free. This website is not.
You can donate in 2 ways, by turning off your ad blocker or by pressing the Donate button.
************ NOTICE ************
UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS!!!
We have an issue that there is no way around as of yet.
I have done all I can to try and prevent this from happening.
We are going to be losing the .com, .org and .de domains.
We have not been able to contact the original author of EventGhost
(the person that owns those domains) to redirect them to the new web server.
I set in motion when we first moved a redirection from the old server to the new server.
I also put in markers so that search engines would see this change and update any pointers
they have. We still have the .net domain for the production site. and the .rocks for the test site.
For the past few months you have been getting redirected to the .net site if you used one of the 3
domains mentioned above. I just wanted to tell everyone so they can make any changes needed.
You can set it as the following example, just pick a time when you are sure the sun is always up (I used 11:00). Set you location lat & lon and you should get an event at Sunset & Sunrise. You can tweak it further if you like, adding other options as well. In my example the lamp will be synchronized to its correct state every 30 minute as well but this can be set more frequently or disabled as well
I would like to use this plugin for adjusting brightness of my LIFX office light bas on day/night. Is it possible to set Sunrise and Sunset Events? When creating a new Macro with SunTracker, I don't see such a specific Event to watch for.
I have been curious about this plugin for a while so I set it up really quick. Just to get you started, I'll describe what I did.
1. Download the latest version of the plugin from krambriw's signature. This is needed in order to get data from weather.com I believe
2. Fill out your longitude and latitude information Longitude (up and down) will be first and have N or S suffix. Lattitude will be second and have W or E suffix. These values will let EG and suntracker guess sunrise and sunset times based on preset values, and does not rely on weather.com (Someone may need to confirm this).
3. Fill out the location value. Weather.com needs this, and you won't get events based on weather changes or weather updates without it. If you browse to your local weather on weather.com in the US the value will be your zipcode:some number:US. An example would be 12345:4:US.
4. I'm not sure what its for but I set the summer beginning and ending months which are June and September in the US.
5. Set the prefix. I set mine to weather
6. Fill out when you want events to be created. Options include sunset, sunrise, and when the weather conditions change.
Now when the sun sets or the weather changes, you will get a little message on the left side of the EventGhost screen saying things like, "weather.weather conditions: 'Fair' I haven't gone through the sun rising or settting yet but I would guess it will say something like weather.weather sunrise. If your not sure how to build your macro from here then I'll try to help with that too.
I can post screenshots if need be but hopefully that gets you going. I might do a full writeup with screen captures at some point. I hope that helps.