- Touch up some config dialogs (particularly the rating dialog)
- Lets you turn on or off (not just toggle) visualization, full-screen mode, and mute
- Works better if you minimize iTunes to the system tray
- No longer shows iTunes' script warning dialog when you try to quit iTunes
As requested, this is the new thread for supporting the iTunes plugin. This plugin lets you use actions to control many aspects of iTunes, from simple actions like play/pause to complex functionality like creating a new playlist populated with the results of search criteria. It also includes actions to fetch information about iTunes and the song that's playing, and generates events when you play a local or web-radio song.
Here's the original thread for this plugin, with all its development history and previous releases. The short version is that jitterjames saw a need for the plugin and created it, and in the process, inspired several others to contribute to it and expand it. I (Boolean263) am just the most recent person to take an interest in it, and I put it up on a github page.
Said github page is here: Boolean263/EventGhost-iTunes. If any of the other developers return with a canonical location, it'll move back there. In the meantime, the github page contains the documentation (which will be improved over time) and full changelog.
Download links for the last few versions:
- 0.1.15 (egplugin): merge yokel22's changes from his nifty work on a WebUI into the version I adopted
- 0.1.14 (__init__.py): yokel22's aforementioned changes
- 0.1.13 (egplugin): improved behaviour when iTunes isn't running
- 0.1.12 (egplugin): first new release in a while, added StreamTrackChanged event
- Earlier releases are documented in the changelog.