TP-Link Support

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: TP-Link Support

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:45 pm

I have not moved forward with this as i really need the devices to be able to develop for them. there is simply to much untested, undocumented and incorrect information out there. I have not wanted to have anyone get frustrated with the 100's of failures that would take place from a back and forth thing.

I have a lot of it written up with how I think everything should work but I know there are errors in it. and there is also a theory I have about how the API may work. So at the present moment until the funds become available to purchase some of the devices this project is on a temporary hold.

the server move has put a specific dollar amount in reserve from my personal donations account to pay for the "rent" I am not one to hope more donations come in if i spend some of that money. not going to chance that.

This is one of those things that is on my list to finish up. ya never know. maybe Santa will put some of these devices under the tree for me this year. :D
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:48 pm

Thanks kgschlosser for all your hard work!! I am still using your code to turn on my light switch when my alarm goes off in the morning! I was able to get my hands on a HS200 which is the light switch version and the version I have doesn't work with it.

Do you know where the latest version is? May I download it and see if i can help get more support for these devices? I can definitely help test with you if you'd like to start up again with me :)

Maybe I can take a look and practice some python even though i dont have a full grasp of what I'm reading. But i'm determined!

Thanks!
Flyingsubs

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:24 pm

OK cool. yeah we can start up with the testing again.

I am going to have to read over the code to see where i left off. it has been a while since i messed around with this plugin.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:48 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:24 pm
OK cool. yeah we can start up with the testing again.

I am going to have to read over the code to see where i left off. it has been a while since i messed around with this plugin.
Sounds great, last time I checked in you made a ton of progress. I honestly think you are so close to finishing this plugin. I'm happy to test as much you wanna code :) No trouble at all. Happy to help you and the community.

-Flyingsubs

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:21 pm

OK so you are east cost US. 2 hours ahead of me. what times work good for you? I can do pretty much any time. It's far easier to coordinate when to be online so i can make changes and find out if it works or not right away instead of having to check back in to see if you responded.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:26 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:21 pm
OK so you are east cost US. 2 hours ahead of me. what times work good for you? I can do pretty much any time. It's far easier to coordinate when to be online so i can make changes and find out if it works or not right away instead of having to check back in to see if you responded.
I'm good now if it works for you, Idk if you had a chance to read over the code yet.

Thanks,
Flyingsubs

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 am

I have not had a chance. I am not home at the moment. I should get a chance tonight or tomorrow. I am also nursing a back injury, which Does not allow me to stay still or in a seated position for very long. Tho I have had a time or 2 where it didn't cause me any issue . its quite aggravating to say the least.

We will see what is in store for this evening.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:00 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:54 am
I have not had a chance. I am not home at the moment. I should get a chance tonight or tomorrow. I am also nursing a back injury, which Does not allow me to stay still or in a seated position for very long. Tho I have had a time or 2 where it didn't cause me any issue . its quite aggravating to say the least.

We will see what is in store for this evening.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. I hope your back gets better! I subscribed to this thread so I get an email every time you post. I'm free on Thursday all night if you are free. Idk if you want to take a shot at it tomorrow or today and then send over and i can test it. I feel like if we go back and forth Thursday we can finish it or at least make some solid progress.

Let me know what you need. I can work on your schedule. Thanks again for taking another look at this. I feel like you are so close

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:10 am

I just sat down at my computer. let me review the code and get myself up to speed.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:51 pm

Were you able to get up to speed at all? Any chance you can post the latest and see if I learn as well?

Thanks!
Flyingsubs

Stuvning

Post by Stuvning » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:55 am

Sorry, this is probably a stupid question: but where can I download this plugin? I can't find a link anywhere.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:36 pm

Its going to be getting worked on very soon. Flyingsubs has sent me a device that i can use to finish up making the plugin. Things have been alittle crazy in my personal life over the fast few weeks and has take alot of my "play time" away. I will get back to working on this

Stuvning

Post by Stuvning » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:39 pm

No worries, thanks for the reply!

viperguy

Post by viperguy » Sat May 19, 2018 1:23 pm

I was wanting to try this out but I cant find anywhere to download this plugin?

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Sun May 20, 2018 1:58 pm

viperguy wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 1:23 pm
I was wanting to try this out but I cant find anywhere to download this plugin?
kgschlosser removed the plugin as he is still expanding it and working on it. I mailed him an HS200 to help development for that device. I'm not sure if he's had a chance to work on it yet. I'd send you my current plug in, but it doesn't work reliably yet.

-Flyingsubs