XBox Controllers Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Diz
Experienced User

Re: XBox Controllers Plugin

Post by Diz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm

it works, but i think its getting too slow! if you hold down a button for a while its taking like seconds between repeats and the release

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Oh I know it's going to need a fine tuning but the basic principal works. So if you tap the button 10 times slow. About a 1/2 a second between presses do you get 10 pressed and 10 release events?.

Then if you do the same thing but change the buttons do you get a pressed and released in the order you pressed them?

Then do the exact same Process as above but faster. Keep on doing that and test out if the dynamics are working. Set aside the speed I can adjust for that very easily.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:53 pm

And the repeat thing I can sort. It should be caped at 200 miliseconds. Basically a quarter of a second. It shouldn't get any slower then that. Look at your log times to verify this. But adjusting for the repeat is not an issue as well

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:01 pm

I don't have access to a computer right now. Im on my phone right now. The mobile site works great btw! This latest test will have to wait a good few hours but I will get to it asap :)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:37 pm

take your time i have a bunch of things i need to do as well. and TY about the mobile site. it's nice to have it. that zooming in and out crap was irritating

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:38 pm

This is my first time using the mobile site actually so I don't know anything about the zooming thing lol

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:33 pm

nah the zooming thing was before the mobile site. you would have to keep on zooming in and out to press buttons or to read a forum post. it was really annoying. this is way better

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 pm

I meant I never accessed the site from my phone before so i never experienced the zoom thing

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:22 pm

ahhh ok got ya.. well you didn't miss anything trust me.

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:47 am

ok i did that test. seems to be working as expected to me

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:03 am

ok great I will make some changes to get the repeat and the released working properly and I will also fine tune the speed settings.

I am going to add an action to turn off non bluetooth controllers

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:35 am

ok here we go. the version number is the same i didn't bother with changing it. But i added the power off action and i believe i fixed the repeat and the released events. I also redid some of the math on the calibration end of things,

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:57 pm

when you hold down buttons for a while the repeat/release times are still getting unbearably long!

also, sometimes, not sure why, it takes forever to react to button presses

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:01 pm

yeah I know. I have it fixed but I am waiting to hear back on a test. I have put the mouse stuff in. well i put the absolute positioning part of it in. i am still trying to work out the mechanics of directional positioning. because you would want the mouse to move faster the further you press it. i am trying to do the math to get a nice range of speed. but with th absolute positioning if the joy is centered the mouse is in the center of the screen. and if the mouse is pushed to the upper left it will be in the upper left corner.

you are able to pick which joystick you want to use
if you push that stick in and move it up and down it will be the scroll wheel vertical and left right is scroll wheel horizontal
left trigger is left mouse button
right trigger is right mouse button
the joystick opposite the one you choose to control the mouse. if you push it in that is middle click

you are also able to assign the mouse to a specific controller and the rest will continue doing what they do.
I have to key up the GUI end of it but i want to see if the controls work properly.

and... it supports multi monitor without the need to select the monitor. it will hash out all the monitors and get the total positional resolution because you have the ability to select a primary monitor these numbers can be negative values so it was interesting to get that portion of it right. then i had to re range the numbers from the joystick output to get the positional coords in the positional resolution. so that being said you should have single pixel resolution when moving the mouse. because the joystick has a 65535x65535 resolution which is higher then any desktop resolution i have ever seen. so it shouldn't be a really touchy control it should come out nice and smooth.

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:53 pm

Ok... sounds awesome!