XBox Controllers Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: XBox Controllers Plugin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:31 am

ok so i am not going to explain how i did this it's to friggin complex. but basically if this works i took a joystick that moves in a circle and made it so that it now moves in a dynamically changing rectangle that has a shifting center point.

TODO: figure out how to rework the deadzone that is used to filter out unwanted joystick movement when the stick is centered. this is causing a "hole" in the middle that you cannot get the mouse into.

i don't know if i mentioned this but the whole mouse thing supports multi monitor with an extended desktop without the need to select a monitor. it will use all of the monitors just like your normal mouse does.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:51 pm

up and down are inverted in the non absolute mode, but it works. also if if you keep moving the stick around its still giving events to eg and each event cause a very noticable pause in the pointer movement and makes it VERY jerky

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:44 pm

OK i can remove the events and flip the cursor.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:19 am

ok this one hopefully should fix the absolute control. I also bumped up the speed on the other mouse control type. I removed the dead zone. so you will have to see how bad the float is.
the mouse should also go up when up is pressed, the additional events should now be removed. so give this a try
Attachments
XBoxControllers-1.9b.egplugin
(51.07 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:31 am

ok... absolute mode is almost the same as before with the massive dead zone over like 70% of the screen but up and down got inverted again! the pointer always returns to the same place now when you let go... but its about three inches right and about two down from centre

in non absolute mode even though the additional events dont show up in eg the pauses in pointer movement are still there

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:40 am

ok which way does the mouse move and in what mode. is it only inverted in absolute and not in direction/speed? or vice versa?

I am trying to think of what would cause the pauses. I have 2 people testing this that are on github and neither one of them mentioned anything about the mouse "studdering". I will ask and see if it is. and if it isn't then it has to be specific to your computer. I will do my best to see if i can find out the cause for ya.

For the sake of telling ya. I am pretty sure you already know this. with the speed direction you have to move the joy in the direction of travel. The farther you push it in that direction the faster the mouse is going to move. if you let off the joy in between it will stop the mouse from moving.

absolute mode is going to appear jerky. It is a mapping of joystick values to screen resolution so where the joystick is is where the mouse should be on the screen. hence the reason why when you let the joy go it snaps back to the center (well it's supposed to). So if you move the joystick very very slowly then the "studdering" should becomes less. and if you move it fast it will get worse. I am going to have to work on mapping out the whole set of coords from point A to point B and iterate through them sending the mouse movement one pixel at a time. is the "studdering" only happening in absolute and not in direction/speed?

I may have to store the movement values this way they do not get sent again if nothing has changed This may be what is causing the issue. I would have to go and look at the code for the mouse plugin to see because I am using it's thread to send the mouse commands.

and you now have a larger deadzone since i removed the deadzone calculations. is it only happening on absolute? or both?

Diz
Experienced User

Post by Diz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:53 pm

you are asking the same questions i just answered in my last post! see my last post? the upper part is about is about absolute mode (and no, the deadzone DID NOT change) and the lower part is about non absolute mode (as they say at the start of the sentences!)

im not an idiot... i understand how it should be working you dont need to keep telling me!

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:32 pm

The plugin works nicely for the most part but I'm having trouble my mouse jumping around when i either
A. click on something with my actual mouse or
B. press a button on the xbox controller

To be more descriptive, lets say I move my mouse over an OK, or Cancel box, and click the mouse. As soon as I click, the mouse jumps, and I miss the button I was trying to click. I am trying to use the controller with dolphin emulator, and I have to verify my problem started after i installed the xbox plugin but I have the same problem here also. I use the joystick to emulate wii controller movements, and when i hit a button over an OK box, the mouse icon within dolphin jumps over, and I miss the check box. The problems I am describing with my regular mouse occur when dolphin is not running. I am on version 9 of the plugin.
Other than that, this plugin is a great idea, and I think its really cool how you integrated scrolling, and mouse clicking into an xbox controller

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:55 pm

the mouse is still a work in progress. I have gotten my PS2 mouse to use the xinput dll so testing is going to be easier. I am hoping to have this finished up in the next few days

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:38 pm

Is there a way to avoid having this plugin move the mouse altogether? I ask because I use software built into emulators for the joysticks, and don't really need the mouse functionality. I would like to have one remote for watching media, and a game controller for playing games just to avoid confusing people.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:39 am

don't use the action to enable the mouse.

or if it is enabled. use the disable action.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:40 am

and the mouse you can specify which controller you want it to be on as well. this plugin supports up to 4 controllers.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:50 am

I don't know if this has been brought up but I just got the Microsoft xbox 360 reciever for PC, and I can see all of my keypresses for my 360 controller as events in EG with this plugin. I'm using this option because its cheap, and I already have XB 360 controllers laying around that I dont use.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:32 am

that's what it is supposed to do. But I am going to have to rework the plugin. I will be getting back to it in about 2 weeks or so. There is a little program called x360ce that allows you to use pretty much any PC controller and it will remap the thing to use xinput. but there is an issue with the little program and how it produces events using the xinput.dll

There are 2 ways to go about getting the information from xinput to generate the events. and it so happens to be that I am using the one that the x360ce doesn't. and I do not have an Xbox controller to test with only a ps2 PC knockoff. so I am going to have to rewrite a pretty large part of the plugin to get it to work 100%. I believe all of the buttons work properly. it's the mouse crap that doesn't