ProcessWatcher

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: ProcessWatcher

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:16 pm

yeah I know i did the same. couldn't find much about it.. so i went right to the Deviare github and asked.. I posted some code to the test i was running (for the one outside of EG) and the answer was what i explained above. he/she said even WMI will miss. It was a great educational thing at the very least.. I will take it for that. but it may have helped me fix another issue with things i learned from this.

i wonder how much will get missed with the altered plugin i did up where you can select which processes to have show up. I did run a test with it and it is quite a bit faster not having to trigger events for processes you do not need to know about..
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:51 pm

kgschlosser wrote:Deviare github and asked..
Nice and fast support they got there.
It was a great educational thing at the very least.. I will take it for that. but it may have helped me fix another issue with things i learned from this.
Yeah, even when you fail you learn so you may fail less later. :D

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:55 pm

Is there any way I can use this to collect diagnostic information? I would like to only see events when some process throws an error. I think it might be quicker to troubleshoot this way.

jonib
Plugin Developer

Post by jonib » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:49 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:55 pm
Is there any way I can use this to collect diagnostic information? I would like to only see events when some process throws an error. I think it might be quicker to troubleshoot this way.
I didn't come across any diagnostic related stuff but that was not my focus so can't help with that.

I know some programs/processes send debug messages that might be useful, that can be viewed via a program called DebugView I don't know if this could be used in EventGhost. But I'm suspecting the debug messages are too program specific to be used in a general way.

jonib
XBMC2 plugin to control XBMC. If you want to flatter me Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Ok, thanks.