Marantz/Denon Plugin Development

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Nuts

Re: Marantz/Denon Plugin Development

Post by Nuts » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:16 am

Hi,

I talked to Denon/Marantz a few years ago about their API and I got a very similar answer. :/
I decided not to do "reverse Engineering" for big companies but good luck to you. 8)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:21 pm

I am diligent.. and so much to the point... if i get no where with this support thing.. I will locate the US CEO's e-mail and i will e-mail that person.. I am not typically very nice at that point. and it's more like they get blasted. I have had to do this in the past. and it does manage to get things moving or at the very least get me the information i am looking for.. because someone has to know about it. someone made it.. it's just their documentation is horrid. and people on the other end think they have position to make decisions that they shouldn't. I am sure that each and every single time i have had to do this someone has lost their job. but it is by rights because they aren't doing it the right way. in no way is the person that is making a means to make a product better any less then someone that works for that company.. the only difference is they aren't getting paid. but they should be given the respect and information they ask for. we will see how this all pans out. I am not expecting them to change the API but at the very least they need to make the API docs complete.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

yokel22
Experienced User

Post by yokel22 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:02 pm

kgschlosser, i went ahead & finished the basic web ui. It's setup to have both a Working tree(if you have a Denon/Marantz AVR and the included DenonTCPIP plugin installed), or a Testing tree(If you don't have a Denon/Marantz AVR). So you can see how it functions & how info would need to be passed. I included a more recent Webserver plugin within the zip also, use this if you get any errors from the Webserver plugin that's currently installed in your EG.
Attachments
WS - Denon.zip
HTML & EG tree for Web UI
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 127 times

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:04 am

ok will do... and BTW i am not sure if you looked at one of my earlier posts... but it seems as tho the AVR does in fact output things like.

which inputs are available and if they are enabled or not
user entered names for the inputs
the max volume it supports

all kinds of goodies.. I am trying to get all of the API from marantz/denon. we will see what happens

yokel22
Experienced User

Post by yokel22 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:33 pm

I saw you posted those commands. I tried some of them with the DenonTCPIP plugin, they didn't work for me though. How's the current version of this plugin going, is it in working order now?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:29 pm

i believe it's running. tho not 100%. I am going to have to class out each specific action and response the reason for this is so that i can clean out the data cache for that action.. this is no real simple solution for this because of the API. and is going to take a while. If i could shanghai someone to help with it. and lay out a basic template and one person works from one end of the list and the other person works from the other end. But due to the complexities of this thing i do not want any voodoo code. it's going to be a real daunting task to locate bugs and fix them without breaking something else. so going the route of keying a class for each specific action is going to be the easiest to maintain and debug. I can group things together. because of the data storage i could say put all the channel volumes together. and have it look at the data storage and determine what commands need to be sent. basically anything that the user has changed. otherwise it will not send the command.

gorman

Post by gorman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Any update on this? Any other TCP/IP Denon plugin available somewhere?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:19 pm

for me to continue with making this plugin I am going to need someone to either let me remote into their computer to code the rest of the plugin or port forward the AVR through their router so i can attach to it. I have beaten Marantz support to death. Their API is a complete disaster and not all functions are documented. and neither is all of the responses from the AVR. so in order for me to be able to properly handle the data i need to see the data. and make changes. It is far easier and faster to do this if i have access to the device.

yokel22
Experienced User

Post by yokel22 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Just to further answer your question. There are three other plugins that will likely work for your avr. However, most of these plugins will lock up the avr from other connections. Meaning you won't be able to control your avr from an app or other means while the plugin is active.
This thread was started to overcome this problem.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7456

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5498

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7464