Speech

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Speech

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:57 am

wawa79 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:48 pm
Last, pausing an on-going speech to play a higher priority speech and resuming the paused speech after is a nonsense behavior: do you ever pause your talk to say something more important and complete the initial speech after? If you do that, nobody understands you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: In such case, the paused speech should better be replay from beginning. So better leave the priorization handled outside the plugin.

Hell I have been known to be talking to myself. pause start another conversation with myself. then go back to the first conversation with myself right where i left off. I am not sure if people think i'm crazy because i started a second one. or it could be that i went back to the first. not sure tho.

But it actually depends on how long the priority phrase is. But I am thinking because it's not a conversation but a statement it would be better off started from the beginning again. But this is something that the user could select what they want to do. because if they are using EG to read a schedule or something of the sort. then picking up where left off would be better.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

dan Edens
Experienced User

Post by dan Edens » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:28 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 am
I have also been researching how to add other TTS voices. I have gotten the voices from the Microsoft speech platform to work. these are way better then Anna. so I think I may build into the plugin the means to download and install these voices and making the necessary modifications to make them work properly.
Did this go anywhere in the end?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:02 am

I did manage to get other tts voices installed it was a royal pain in the ass to do and have it work properly. I had to install the speech engine server and all kinds of crap to get it done. Only to be let down by the additional voices. They all have that robotic quality to them. I wish someone would release some kind of TTS that actually sounds like a human being.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

dan Edens
Experienced User

Post by dan Edens » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:17 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:02 am
I did manage to get other tts voices installed it was a royal pain in the ass to do and have it work properly. I had to install the speech engine server and all kinds of crap to get it done. Only to be let down by the additional voices. They all have that robotic quality to them. I wish someone would release some kind of TTS that actually sounds like a human being.
Have you seen this?
It's obviously specific to ED and basically just a list of hotkeys, but still so cool..
https://youtu.be/oDkC0GORdQ8

dan Edens
Experienced User

Post by dan Edens » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:20 pm

I took some titanfall 2 quote youtube videos and cut them up into a very sloppy voice alert system it's pretty neat (and barely mapped out lol)
BT - "I am glad you have returned pilot, We are stronger together"

I cry everytim.
lol