X10 CM15A

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Chris

Re: X10 CM15A

Post by Chris » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:22 am

eruji wrote:
I think i notice the same results. So i have my cm19a and an eagle eye motion detector ms14a. It will register the first ON of OFF event, then never again. Is this what your experiencing?

But, when i replace the init.py with the one that ijourneaux provided a few posts above AND i run his sample xml file (system active) it then seems to pickup the transmitted ON or OFF signals.. and it runs a timer that checks for motion. BTW, i reduced the timer Pump to 30sec just for testing, have not implemented this into my home yet.

Edit: Looking closer at the xml that ijourneaux provided i can see that the X10_CM15A: Pump Events is clearing the "cache" of motion items which seems to be causing the plugin to not receive any more ON or OFF transmits. It seems to me that if we could pass the motion items as events and the plugin could clear the cache on each then it would be more useful. Any ideas how to do that?
I just tested the updated X10 remote plugin that Krambriw wrote and it works perfect for receiving X10 signals, does not lockup after the first signal. I'm using a CM15a interface. However that plugin does not have any transmit capabilities built in like this one. Its on the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3852#p25222

Not sure why this one works perfect for transmitting both RF and PLC, but the receive locks up after receiving the first signal and wont display any following events. The one krambriw wrote does not use the pump events, there must just be some error in this code or something to cause it to lock up after the first event. Just thought I'd post this if anyone us using a CM15A or CM19a and does not need to transmit but needs something reliable to receive.

abuttino
Experienced User

Post by abuttino » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Can anything be done to make this plugin a little better?

Pumping events is not feasible if you have a lot more actions in a macro and then a motion sensor goes on it's spree of on or off codes.

In the last page, someone mentioned pumping events in the init.py file instead, is this at all possible?

The queue/cache can get big and if you clear pending events, some macros will not process. I don't know who is still using this plug-in, but hopefully, someone can help it get a little better.

I am about to commission a really old laptop to send network events to eventghost instead of having my main computer's eg clogged up with this lengthy cache (at times).

There really is no way to get around these motion sensors other than having it pump tons of times with it's current state.

arturmaj

Post by arturmaj » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:56 pm

I just did the upgrade and now I am getting:

Error starting plugin: X10_CM15A
Traceback (most recent call last) (1540):
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginInstanceInfo.py", line 177, in Start
self.instance.__start__(*self.args)
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\X10-CM15A\__init__.py", line 100, in __start__
self.conn = comcli.GetEvents(cm15a, eventHandler)
File "comtypes\client\_events.pyc", line 195, in GetEvents
File "comtypes\client\_events.pyc", line 164, in CreateEventReceiver
File "comtypes\_comobject.pyc", line 348, in __new__
File "comtypes\_comobject.pyc", line 386, in __prepare_comobject
File "comtypes\_comobject.pyc", line 448, in __make_interface_pointer
File "comtypes\_comobject.pyc", line 473, in __make_dispentry
File "comtypes\_comobject.pyc", line 171, in get_impl
File "comtypes\_comobject.pyc", line 195, in find_impl
File "comtypes\client\_events.pyc", line 143, in find_method
RuntimeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'im_self'

iotarho

Post by iotarho » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Any chance anyone is still working on this? Skyanchor's script he posted above (from 2013!) is working great with my CM-19a, and I can receive RF motion detection events (Hawkeye detectors) and also send events using the X10_CM15A plugin.

(here's his post/EG script from above: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=667&hilit=skyanchor&start=45#p19353)

I'm a bit of a noob and am having a little trouble figuring out how to adjust the timers in his script. I'd basically like to be able to turn lights on for 60 seconds when one or a few motion events are detected. Can anyone help explain how the pump vs. clear timers are working in this script to make sure EG doesn't freeze up while receiving wireless, and doesn't get overloaded with signals when there is motion?

george tirebuyer

Post by george tirebuyer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 am

I get this error when I try to load the plugin using 0.5.0 rc4:

03:07:39 Error loading plugin file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\X10-CM15A
03:07:39 Traceback (most recent call last) (0.5.0-rc4):
03:07:39 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\X10-CM15A\__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
03:07:39 import comtypes.client as comcli
03:07:39 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\X10-CM15A\comtypes\__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
03:07:39 from comtypes import partial
03:07:39 ImportError: cannot import name partial