AudioEndpoint

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
skribb
Experienced User

Re: AudioEndpoint

Post by skribb » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:11 pm

could this possibly be used to play audio from EG thru a specific device? I'd like to be able to play audio from the speakers even tho headphones is set as default device/render. :D
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
EG: r1722

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:32 am

skribb wrote:could this possibly be used to play audio from EG thru a specific device? I'd like to be able to play audio from the speakers even tho headphones is set as default device/render. :D
No, you can just change the default device.

yasuo

Post by yasuo » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:28 pm

Sorry for the late reply - i missed to subscribe this topic initially and did not read your answer.
i created two feature requests
- define output device when playing sound
and
- 433MhZ output plugin

i think the latter may be to abstract - depending on how expensive a regular, EG-compatible 433Mhz transmitter is (do you know of any?)...
but the first one should benefit many people since there could be much reasons to play sounds on certain soundcards: maybe you want an acoustic signal as Doorbell but you dont want that Sound on your full Gained 5.1 theater system XD

my workaround is to rename .wav to .433 and link them to a portableapps.com Version of mpc wich defaults to my USB soundcard. Another dirty and easy hack ;-)
Sem;colon wrote:Hi Yasuno,

that's an interesting use for a sound card :)
Wouldn't this work with IR signals as well?

At the moment I'm not aware of any possibility to play a specific audio file on a specific output device with EventGhost without a 3rd party tool.
Unfortunately it's not easy to program this (it is possible though), Pako did something similar as he created the intelliSpeech plugin.

What you can do: On most media player you can set a specific output, you can then use EventGhost to open audio files with that media player

You should make a post for that idea (using a soundcard as Transceiver) in the Feature Request Forum.
Me or someone else may pick it up some day and create a plugin for that.

skribb
Experienced User

Post by skribb » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:37 pm

yasuo wrote:Sorry for the late reply - i missed to subscribe this topic initially and did not read your answer.
i created two feature requests
- define output device when playing sound
and
- 433MhZ output plugin

i think the latter may be to abstract - depending on how expensive a regular, EG-compatible 433Mhz transmitter is (do you know of any?)...
but the first one should benefit many people since there could be much reasons to play sounds on certain soundcards: maybe you want an acoustic signal as Doorbell but you dont want that Sound on your full Gained 5.1 theater system XD

my workaround is to rename .wav to .433 and link them to a portableapps.com Version of mpc wich defaults to my USB soundcard. Another dirty and easy hack ;-)
Sem;colon wrote:Hi Yasuno,

that's an interesting use for a sound card :)
Wouldn't this work with IR signals as well?

At the moment I'm not aware of any possibility to play a specific audio file on a specific output device with EventGhost without a 3rd party tool.
Unfortunately it's not easy to program this (it is possible though), Pako did something similar as he created the intelliSpeech plugin.

What you can do: On most media player you can set a specific output, you can then use EventGhost to open audio files with that media player

You should make a post for that idea (using a soundcard as Transceiver) in the Feature Request Forum.
Me or someone else may pick it up some day and create a plugin for that.

Cool, thanks for the tips
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
EG: r1722

mikeparkie

Post by mikeparkie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Can this be used to keep an audio endpoint alive? I have some USB speakers which go to sleep every 10 minutes, very annoying as I have to turn them back on manually each time.

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:24 am

I don't think so... But you could use the SchedulGhost plugin to in combination with the EventGhost "play audio file" action to play a short quiet sound every 5 minutes to keep it awake, I guess.

mikeparkie

Post by mikeparkie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a go :D

Update, if anyone else was interested.

Added a blank sound (which makes a slight crackle). So I added a mute before the sound plays and then removed the mute after it's done. Works perfectly for me.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1722">
    <Macro Name="Speaker: Keep Alive" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="SpeakerKeepAlive." />
        <Action>
            SchedulGhost.EnableSchedule(u'SpeakerKeepAlive')
        </Action>
        <Action>
            System.MuteOn(u'Speakers (KEF EGG)')
        </Action>
        <Action>
            System.PlaySound(u'D:\\Backups\\Sounds\\Blank.wav', 1, False)
        </Action>
        <Action>
            System.MuteOff(u'Speakers (KEF EGG)')
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>
Last edited by mikeparkie on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yasuo

Post by yasuo » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:50 pm

Sem;colon wrote:I don't think so... But you could use the SchedulGhost plugin to in combination with the EventGhost "play audio file" action to play a short quiet sound every 5 minutes to keep it awake, I guess.
Hmmm but how will you select the soundcard to play onto? Asuming the usb soundcard is not the default soundcard....

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:51 pm

New version!

v2.1.0:
-Added action "Get Mute": Returns True if a specific audio endpoint is muted, and False if not
-Added action "Set Mute": Set mute for a specific audio endpoint (ON, OFF or TOGGLE)
-Added action "Get Volume": Returns the current volume of a specific audio endpoint
-Added action "Set Volume": Set the volume for a specific audio endpoint. Can be absolute or relative
-Events are generated if the volume changes on any audio endpoint
-Events are generated if the mute state changes on any audio endpoint
-Updated AudioEndpointControl by jonib with the latest sources
-Plugin is now in the .egplugin format for easy installation

get it from the first post! :)

yasuo

Post by yasuo » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Cool! Thanks for the Update!

raccoon32

Install issues

Post by raccoon32 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:50 pm

-snip-
Last edited by raccoon32 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

raccoon32

Post by raccoon32 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Hello,

I tried installing this plugin using the .egplugin file. My issue is that although the plugin does show up in the plugin browser, the program becomes completely unresponsive once I try to add it.
The .egplugin method installs the plugin into "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\Plugins" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\Plugins", where all my other plugins are.
But I've also tried moving the plugin from ProgramData to Program Files (x86), which didn't fix the issue.

Can you help me get this plugin working?

kkl
Experienced User

Post by kkl » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:44 pm

For me, AudioEndpoint.plugin v2.1 causes EG to hang when adding plugin ["(Not Responding)"]. I then tried adding v2.0 and it worked fine. Back to v2.1 -> hang. I use 0.4.1r17222.

raccoon32

Post by raccoon32 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:05 am

v2 works fine for me as well. Thanks for the info.

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Post by Sem;colon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:53 pm

hmm, looks like the new lib form version 2.1 only works with EG version 0.5 and up.
Please keep using version 2.0 if you are on EG 0.4!