Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista and newer

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
ijourneaux
Experienced User

Re: Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista and newer

Post by ijourneaux » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:10 am

Sem;colon wrote:
ijourneaux wrote:Just installed the latest version. For some reason every key press has 2 simialr but different codec showing up in EventGhost ...F5????? and ...FD????? where the question marks are the info specific to the key press.

Is this normal or or do I have something funky in my setup
Take Care.
...I do not experience this
Thanks for commenting that it works for you. It is not a show stopper for me just quirrky behavior. If it make any difference, I am using the HP IR detector.

On an other not is it possible to wake the computer with the remote. Right now my computer will wake up jsut fine with a lenovo RF micro keyboard I ahve but nothing with the remote. In reading about it, there was some indication that there might be 2 different IR receivers ; one that works and one that doesn't

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:04 pm

holyspidoo wrote: My use case is:

On pressing button X on remote control
Send IR Tv on (I now add a wait 1s before this first IR blasting command)
Send IR Tv input
Start app (plex, etc.)

Basically, I'm programming the MCE remote buttons through EG and your plugin. Adding the delay has been working great so far.
Ok, I was thinking of something different..
so, adding the delay prevented the occurrence of the unknown events, right?
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

someguy1

Post by someguy1 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:39 pm

I've replaced the MCE vista plugin with this, then installed the AlternateMCeIrservice x64 from the folder, restarted, uninstalled the service from EG plugin settings, restarted EG and reinstalled it again from there. But still the plugin stops receiving remote commands sometimes until i restart my system.

I've got a HP MCE remote, the eHome drivers installed fine and everything, and i'm on Win7 64bit. Any ideas how to fix this?

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Tue May 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Hmm, did you try running Eventghost as admin?

someguy1

Post by someguy1 » Tue May 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Well I use only 1 account with windows which has admin rights, and EG is set to start with windows. I've uninstalled the service and instead installed it directly form the EG plugin settings, for now it's working, but remains to be seen if it stops working after a while.

sirs2k

Post by sirs2k » Fri May 30, 2014 8:23 am

Hey guys,

Just got my transceiver today (HP MCE Remote) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261046824695 ... 1497.l2649
When I paste the hex code and send it, it works well.
But when I try to learn new commands it just doesn't work at all.
I mean it learns the code and it's there, but when I send it nothing happens.

I also get these errors from time to time and I have no clue what it means

And the frequency when learning always shows as 0 if that helps
Using win 8.1
Any help is much appreciated

ijourneaux
Experienced User

Post by ijourneaux » Fri May 30, 2014 11:10 pm

FOr some reason my EventGhost /XBMC setup has started acting up (after working well for several weeks). Right now in XBMC when I press on an arrow key on my remote, I get 1 event in Eventghost but 2 event in XBMC. I am assuming the XBMC is getting one from EventGhost and one directly from the remote.

Any ide how I can correct the behavior? Any thoughts on what might have caused the behavior to change?

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat May 31, 2014 10:37 am

Hello sirs2k,
sirs2k wrote:And the frequency when learning always shows as 0 if that helps
Using win 8.1
Are you using the latest Version of the plugin(from the first post of this topic)?

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat May 31, 2014 10:47 am

ijourneaux wrote:FOr some reason my EventGhost /XBMC setup has started acting up (after working well for several weeks). Right now in XBMC when I press on an arrow key on my remote, I get 1 event in Eventghost but 2 event in XBMC. I am assuming the XBMC is getting one from EventGhost and one directly from the remote.

Any ide how I can correct the behavior? Any thoughts on what might have caused the behavior to change?
That could have a lot of reasons:
A: You actively redirect your commands from EG to XBMC in your config
B: Your XBMC has been updated and does something it didn't do before
C: Your eHome driver changed
D: You have two eHome receivers

sirs2k

Post by sirs2k » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:33 am

Sem;colon wrote:Hello sirs2k,
sirs2k wrote:And the frequency when learning always shows as 0 if that helps
Using win 8.1
Are you using the latest Version of the plugin(from the first post of this topic)?

Hello Semicolon,

Yes absolutely, I downloaded the 1.1.1 from this page, I also re-downloaded it to make sure.
But same problem unfortunately

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:02 am

sirs2k wrote:When I paste the hex code and send it, it works well.
But when I try to learn new commands it just doesn't work at all.
I mean it learns the code and it's there, but when I send it nothing happens.
So, where do you get your working HEX code from?
Can you send me a not working, learned HEX code?

bphogan

Post by bphogan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:50 am

Folks, I'm exceptionally confused by all of this. I've read the wiki, the remote faqs, this thread, the old thread, and I've just about lost it with this whole process.

I recently purchased an HP MCE remote that.... somewhat works. Got it OEM from Amazon, and it's the new HP one:

HP model OVU400102/71
HP P/N 5187-4593
Windows identifies it as VID_1934&PID_5168, which is made by Fintek.

Can you please answer the questions below? I got things to work, sort of, but I don't quite know how because of all the things I've tried. I plan to do this all on a new machine and don't want to spend more time experimenting.

1. How do I actually install the latest version of this plugin? There's no readme, there's no instructions at the top of the forum. I copied it over the existing one.

2. Do I install the service using the MSI included? or do I do it through eventghost in the plugin's property page?

3. Do I have to run EG as an administrator to install this service if I do install the service through EG?

4. Do I have to run EG as an admin to use this plugin?

5. Do I still have to disable the HID stuff like the old XP plugin? or does this plugin do that for me? (It doesn't seem to)

6. I'm getting events in EG but the green button still launches WMC. Is this normal? When EG is not running, the arrow keys on the remote continue to work. I was under the impression that I had to disable everything else before EG would work.

7. Is there a different remote I should just get and give up on this altogether? I have a streamzap but there's not much in the way of drivers for that other than unmaintained experimental ones.

Thanks so much for your help with this. I really tried to follow the wikis and the forums but I've ended up going in circles.

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:42 am

Hello bphogan, welcome to the forum!
bphogan wrote:1. How do I actually install the latest version of this plugin? There's no readme, there's no instructions at the top of the forum. I copied it over the existing one.
At the moment the latest version is included in the latest EventGhost installer.
But in general you were right - Step 1. close EG (if not), Step 2. Copy the plugin into the plugin folder in the EventGhost program directory.
bphogan wrote:2. Do I install the service using the MSI included? or do I do it through eventghost in the plugin's property page?
Run EventGhost as admin and install it from the plugin's property page.
bphogan wrote:3. Do I have to run EG as an administrator to install this service if I do install the service through EG?
I think so, it won't harm to do it ;-)
bphogan wrote:4. Do I have to run EG as an admin to use this plugin?
No, but if you do, the plugin can restart the service if it crashes, so it may run more stable if you do.
bphogan wrote:5. Do I still have to disable the HID stuff like the old XP plugin? or does this plugin do that for me? (It doesn't seem to)
I don't think so, but first try it without disableing anything (I can't remember disableing something)
bphogan wrote:6. I'm getting events in EG but the green button still launches WMC. Is this normal? When EG is not running, the arrow keys on the remote continue to work. I was under the impression that I had to disable everything else before EG would work.
Usually the default functionality (what you discribe) is disabled if you install the service. I think there was a alternative service executable that preserves this functionallity, maybe you are useing this one at the moment.
The one that comes with the plugin should not do that.
bphogan wrote:7. Is there a different remote I should just get and give up on this altogether? I have a streamzap but there's not much in the way of drivers for that other than unmaintained experimental ones.
No, it should work... At least it's the best working remote I tried.

bphogan

Post by bphogan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

I think I got everything worked out. However, one of my issues was that if I unplug my receiver and plug it back in later, the service needs to be bounced before it works again. Not a big deal in practice, but I was moving the receiver from one computer to another and didn't realize this is what was happening, so I thought something else was wrong!

steve1977

Post by steve1977 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:26 am

My post may actually better fit here, so let me cross-link to the other thread and suggest to continue discussion here.

My aim is to use the "blasting feature" of my MCE receiver, but I cannot get it to work yet.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6221

Thanks in advance for looking into this!