Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista and newer

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
someguy1

Re: Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista and newer

Post by someguy1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:10 pm

Bought another useless remote that sends keyboard strokes, "Lenovo MCE remote". I wish Eventghost admins would update their working remotes list so we know what would work with EG and what not.

blaher
Experienced User

Post by blaher » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:32 am

someguy1 wrote:Bought another useless remote that sends keyboard strokes, "Lenovo MCE remote". I wish Eventghost admins would update their working remotes list so we know what would work with EG and what not.
Why didn't you buy the one suggested: HP?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6044&p=30075#p30070

someguy1

Post by someguy1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:29 am

I ordered that one yesterday, but I don't know, for some reason I thought that Lenovo one was an RC6 remote as well.

WharfRat
Experienced User

Post by WharfRat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am

someguy1 wrote:
I wish Eventghost admins would update their working remotes list so we know what would work with EG and what not.
Yeah, I also think that is something that needs to be done. I fixed a plugin for one of the listed remotes, but there are more that work with EventGhost now, and there are many available out there that I don't know about.

I am not an admin, but I have already done a catalog of what does work. Maybe I should start a new thread in the general forum to solicit feedback about them. I wouldn't mind doing it. (blaher, and all the admins, any thoughts on this?)
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
PHX01RN plugin v3.0.1
Windows XP 32bit (v5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2)
Windows7 64bit (v6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1)

someguy1

Post by someguy1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:16 pm

WharfRat wrote:someguy1 wrote:
I wish Eventghost admins would update their working remotes list so we know what would work with EG and what not.
Yeah, I also think that is something that needs to be done. I fixed a plugin for one of the listed remotes, but there are more that work with EventGhost now, and there are many available out there that I don't know about.

I am not an admin, but I have already done a catalog of what does work. Maybe I should start a new thread in the general forum to solicit feedback about them. I wouldn't mind doing it. (blaher, and all the admins, any thoughts on this?)
Then please add these two remotes to the non-functional ones if you haven't done so already:
http://www.amazon.com/Ortek-Windows-Inf ... mce+remote
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Microsof ... 3cdb327af8

The first one also goes by the name of Hama.

Here is a good list that should help: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Re ... ol_reviews

WharfRat
Experienced User

Post by WharfRat » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:31 am

someguy1...

Did the first one (the Ortek from Amazon) not work with the auvisio VRC-1100 plugin?
The Lenovo from ebay looks like it should go into the "non-functional" list, although I don't know if it will work with the Generic HID plugin.
I have never used the Generic HID.

I think that I will start a new topic about remotes in the General forum, but it looks like quite a long job...
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
PHX01RN plugin v3.0.1
Windows XP 32bit (v5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2)
Windows7 64bit (v6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1)

someguy1

Post by someguy1 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:46 pm

I've returned them and haven't tried them with the plugins you mentioned, but all those remotes do is to send regular keyboard strokes. They don't register any commands of their own at all, tried them with Autohotkey keyboard history as well. So I don't think any plugin can make them work separately, only way is to change what real keyboard strokes do and that would interfere with everything else on windows so not a solution.

holyspidoo

Post by holyspidoo » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Has anyone noticed EG with this plugin become slow over time? I leave the htpc on 24/7, but it goes to sleep at night, after a while, this plugin (or EG?) becomes very slow to respond.

Ex: I press a key on the remote, there is a maybe 20 secs delay before the programmed IR codes are sent back to the other devices through the blaster. A reboot fixes it, but not exiting and reopening EG.

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:08 pm

holyspidoo wrote:Has anyone noticed EG with this plugin become slow over time? I leave the htpc on 24/7, but it goes to sleep at night, after a while, this plugin (or EG?) becomes very slow to respond.

Ex: I press a key on the remote, there is a maybe 20 secs delay before the programmed IR codes are sent back to the other devices through the blaster. A reboot fixes it, but not exiting and reopening EG.
Hello holyspidoo,

I also have a 24/7 system, but mine is not getting slower (mine doesn't go to standby) - can you try it without the plugin and see if it EG still slows down (just to confirm that it this plugin)?
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

holyspidoo

Post by holyspidoo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:57 pm

After some testing, EG receives some UNKNOWNS from time to time, and also, when it is sending IR, the arrow becomes yellow sometimes, and eventually it goes back to green. Does not happen every time. Very odd.

Is there some rule to follow when sending multiple IR codes back to back?

ijourneaux
Experienced User

Post by ijourneaux » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:31 pm

Just installed the latest version. For some reason every key press has 2 simialr but different codec showing up in EventGhost ...F5????? and ...FD????? where the question marks are the info specific to the key press.

Is this normal or or do I have something funky in my setup
Take Care.

holyspidoo

Post by holyspidoo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:02 pm

I think I found the problem.

I was using the plugin to wait for an IR code from the remote, than send back an IR to the TV. Seems trying to blast IR right after receiving IR bugs.

Solution was to add a wait 1s after receiving the IR code before blasting the new one. Seems stable so far.

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:38 pm

holyspidoo wrote:I think I found the problem.

I was using the plugin to wait for an IR code from the remote, than send back an IR to the TV. Seems trying to blast IR right after receiving IR bugs.

Solution was to add a wait 1s after receiving the IR code before blasting the new one. Seems stable so far.
Ohh, ok, that's an interesting use case of the "Get IR Code" function by the way, I wasn't thinking of that while programming it :D
I think I'll add a short delay in the plugin, if that fixes it.

Thank you!

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 pm

ijourneaux wrote:Just installed the latest version. For some reason every key press has 2 simialr but different codec showing up in EventGhost ...F5????? and ...FD????? where the question marks are the info specific to the key press.

Is this normal or or do I have something funky in my setup
Take Care.
...I do not experience this

holyspidoo

Post by holyspidoo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Ohh, ok, that's an interesting use case of the "Get IR Code" function by the way, I wasn't thinking of that while programming it :D
I think I'll add a short delay in the plugin, if that fixes it.

Thank you!
My use case is:

On pressing button X on remote control
Send IR Tv on (I now add a wait 1s before this first IR blasting command)
Send IR Tv input
Start app (plex, etc.)

Basically, I'm programming the MCE remote buttons through EG and your plugin. Adding the delay has been working great so far.