PHX01RN remote control plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
WharfRat
Experienced User

Re: PHX01RN remote control plugin

Post by WharfRat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:21 am

blodskjegg...

Okay, I will translate the picture and I will get back to you soon.

Thanks.
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
PHX01RN plugin v3.0.1
Windows XP 32bit (v5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2)
Windows7 64bit (v6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1)

WharfRat
Experienced User

Post by WharfRat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:34 am

incongruent...

Okay, I did not know that you were using a Harmony for this.
It was an important detail I did not know about.

If you look in Part IV of this topic, you will see that this plugin has to treat the Power and the Toggle buttons of the W-01RN/P-01RN in a special way.
It was not conceptually intended for use with learning remotes.

What I can do, is write a special plugin for this remote receiver that can handle those two buttons with learning remotes.
I just need to think about how to implement it.
We might have to invent or learn some dummy signals for the Harmony for those two buttons.
Perhaps we can create a Pronto format file using those codes so that anyone using the PHX01RN receiver with Pronto-code-aware learning remotes can use those same codes.
Those two invented codes would be used to generate the PHX01RN.Power and PHX01RN.Toggle events instead.

Do you see what I am trying to say?
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
PHX01RN plugin v3.0.1

WharfRat
Experienced User

Post by WharfRat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:37 pm

blodskjegg...

Okay, now referring to that image you have, I want you to do everything in 1. for each item in 2.

• right-click one of the items listed in 2.
    click Properties
    click the Details tab
    click the down triangle next to Property and select Hardware Ids
    write down what the values are
  • USB-inndataenhet (from Enheter for menneskelig grensesnitt)
    USB-inndataenhet (from Enheter for menneskelig grensesnitt)
    USB-inndataenhet (from Enheter for menneskelig grensesnitt)
    HID Keyboard Device (from Tastaturer)
Then send me that info.

I assume that the PHX01RN receiver was plugged in when you created that screen capture.

Thanks.
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
PHX01RN plugin v3.0.1

WharfRat
Experienced User

Post by WharfRat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:39 pm

incongruent...

Here is something you can do for me in the meantime.

• Use the regular P-01RN remote control and see if the plugin also stops working when you resume.
  • Let us compare the regular P-01RN to the Harmony
    Close EventGhost
    Make a copy of __init__.py in the PHX01RN plugin folder
    Download PHX01RN_v0xx.zip from this post
    copy __init__.py from the ZIP to the PHX01RN plugin folder
    delete the __init__.pyc file
    Restart EventGhost
    Creaate a new blank configuration and add the PHX01RN plugin
    Use the regular P-01RN remote control
    Press all the buttons and write down the displayed codes for when the button is pressed and when the button is released
    Use the Harmony
    Press all the buttons and write down the displayed codes for when the button is pressed and when the button is released
    send me both sets of displayed codes
    Close EventGhost
    delete __init__.py and __init__.pyc
    place the copy of the previous __init__.py in the PHX01RN plugin folder
    Restart EventGhost
For part 2, I am guessing that the learned codes are not being interpreted properly.
I assume that you learned the codes yourself, and did not program them using an existing Pronto format file.
The problem is probably that the Harmony assigns both the button down and button up codes to the Harmony's button down action, i.e. without having buuton up action on the Harmony doing anything.
In that case, it is just a timing issue, and if your Harmony can do Pronto codes, they just need to be modified a little and then updated on the Harmony.

I would not be surprised if mouse emulation on your Harmony is quite different from mouse emulation with the regular P-01RN.

Anyway, whatever you find about 1 and 2 will be useful to me.
Thanks.
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
PHX01RN plugin v3.0.1

WharfRat
Experienced User

Post by WharfRat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:41 pm

blodskjegg...

Have you had any success?

I took another look at what we have done so far.
If things are not working yet, try this:

1. close EventGhost
2. unplug the wireless keyboard and mouse
3. restart EventGhost
4. add the PHX01RN plugin

Now see if the installation completes without the 'GetUncPathOf Error: 1200 The specified device name is invalid' message.

If the installation succeeds, then you can close EventGhost, plug in the other devices again, and restart EventGhost.
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
PHX01RN plugin v3.0.1

WharfRat
Experienced User

Post by WharfRat » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:45 pm

incongruent...

Have you compared using the original remote to the Harmony yet?
EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640
PHX01RN plugin v3.0.1

blodskjegg

Post by blodskjegg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi, thanks for reply.
I'm sorry for late reply, but I have been on a vacation and now I'm in the middle of a moving prosess so I have not had time to try your suggestions except the one where I remove the wireless keyboard and mouse, I tried that but that did not work.
I will post reply with the info you requested hopefully by the end of the week :)

Worst case I will just reformat the whole computer, a bit tired of this remote now :p

blodskjegg

Post by blodskjegg » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:35 am

Hi, have anyone got this remote working with windows 10? I updated my win7 mediacenter to win10 and the remote stopped working.

Novack

Post by Novack » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:13 am

What a fantastic work!
However, this seems to not be working on Windows 10.

Anyone has any relevant info? Thanks in advance.

Novack

Post by Novack » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:40 pm

The procedure fails when installing the ir receiver drivers. I dont know enough of EventGhost to understand if this is a problem with a non-compatible drivers (are there any drivers for Windows 10?) or an issue with the latest plugin for this remote (or both).

Could anyone provide some hints on whats going on?

(This remote is being sold to this day, and is useless on Windows 10)

Novack

Post by Novack » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:34 am

Anyone? Is the driver code open source?

Holysmokey

Post by Holysmokey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:05 am

Hi, I've got this remote working on windows 10.
The problem is that the driver doesn't contain a signature from microsoft and this is required in windows 10.
It is still possible to install the driver but you have to disable driver signature enforcement before installing.
Follow the steps in option 2 from this site: https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to ... d-drivers/
After login with driver signature verification disabled start eventghost and click file -> restart as administrator. Now u can load the plugin and install the driver when prompted. You'll get a warning message about the missing signature. Just install it anyway and your remote should be working now. After testing reboot to enable driver signature verification again and you're done.
Note: don't use option 1 from the howtogeek link because it still doesn't allow u to install the driver! (tried it on 2 different computers with windows 10 pro) . I've tested this with EventGhost_0.5.0-rc3 btw.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:26 pm

@Holysmokey

I don't know if the method you posted is the same as this

http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9658

But in the link above the method that is used will disable the driver signing without putting Windows into "test" mode. and you will not get that annoying watermark on the bottom right corner of the screen. This is what I have been told. and You can leave driver signing turned off. I do not personally run windows 10. and no one has stated anything about it not working so I am assuming it does work as advertised.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Holysmokey

Post by Holysmokey » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:10 pm

It's almost the same. My method doesn't display a watermark too but after the last reboot driver signing will be enabled again and the driver keeps working. The restart as Administrator from eg is needed or the installation fails again. The displayed error message when u try to install with driver signing turned on gives no details why it failed to install so I can understand why people have trouble finding out what went wrong.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:17 am

Yeah I know. the really funny thing is. that Microsoft changed the driver signing with build 1607 but stated that the changes would not be in effect if it was an upgrade to 1607. As stated here in the second paragraph first line
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/window ... sion-1607/

it specifically states "New Installations". and the funny thing is this still has not been changed and this doc is from Microsoft LMAO.

That is obviously not the case. either they do crap like this on purpose. or they really have no clue what they are doing. for some strange reason I think it is the latter. Because something as simple as the USB redirection in remote desktop worked in the last release candidate of Windows 10 but not in the production release. and they still have not fixed it. over a year later and after a slew of updates. and that is a huge component in the business world if you are running Hyper-V.

I am the guy who figured out why Windows 10 would only allow you to log in from one account if you did an upgrade. If you had 10 user accounts and did an upgrade only the one you did the upgrade with would work. no matter what you did it would tell you invalid password. I think that if you weren't logged into the computer with an Administrative account when you did the upgrade you were screwed. Because what Windows 10 did was it removed every single group from ever single user was in except for the account that was logged in when the upgrade was done. I don't remember if you were able to add the groups back if you didn't have Administrative privileges. But the thing was it would tell you that you had an invalid password. only if you tried to log in with COMPUTER_NAME/USER_NAME would it display an error that was a permissions error about not being allowed to login locally. I do not know if they have fixed this yet or not. God I hope so. But that is the reason why I am running Windows 7 still.

I didn't change to Windows 7 from Windows 2000 until 5 years after the release of Windows 7. Windows 2000 is still to this day the Most stable OS they have made. That is because it is mostly NT and doesn't have all the "Fluff" added to it for playing games and playing multimedia. I have a nice version of Windows 7 That i stripped out all of the useless crap from it. uses a little over 750 Mb Ram and is a tad over 10GB disk space, when the normal installation chomps up about 1.5-1.7 GB of ram and 20+ GB disk space after install. It is basically a Windows 7 Thin PC except it is 64 bit. and has the proper pieces installed into it to be able to use the OS for something other then an RDP dumb terminal which is what Windows Thin PC was designed for. I do not understand what the fascination with talking to a computer is all about. we aren't on a starship flying around the universe. and really.. think about it.. if someone was watching you sitting there all by yourself having a conversation with a screen. Y know why touch screen desktop PC's fizzled out? there is even a name for it, monkey shoulder because of holding up the arm you will end up with one shoulder larger then the other. and you also get arm fatigue pretty quickly not to mention joint issues from it. I am sure we will see more and more people that look like this guy from talking to our phones and computers all the time.
largejaw.jpg
largejaw.jpg (24.3 KiB) Viewed 798 times
personally I would not want to date a chick that had a jaw like that.. GEESH!
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image