libCEC plugin for Pulse Eight HDMI-CEC usb adapter

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Re: libCEC plugin for Pulse Eight HDMI-CEC usb adapter

Post by Luca Brasi » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:02 am

@flop
It might help to try the latest version of libcec
http://packages.pulse-eight.net/
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

flop

Post by flop » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:11 pm

thanks for answer, unfortunately I still get the same error.

flop

Post by flop » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:34 pm

help, any ideas from error?

matt

Post by matt » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi
THis is all new to me. I have an Intel NUC running Plex on Windows 8.1 with the pulse eight HDMi adapter.
I'm trying to make an event where when on desktop pressing red button on my tv-remote launch Plex.
In eventghost I can see the cec traffic ID that the red button is assigned to when pressed, so I added this as the event to trigger Plex to open and indeed it launches Plex but once in Plex a message appears when plex is initializing the adapter
which make it impossible to control plex. I know this is caused by eventghost cause when disabling the script then adapter is initialized correctly in plex.

This is how it looks in eventghost. Do any of you have a better idea to launch plex from my tv-remote?

barnabas1969
Experienced User

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:26 pm

Is Plex trying to communicate with the CEC adapter hardware?

If so, then it is not possible for two programs to communicate with the same hardware at the same time. The Event Ghost plugin has already opened the COM port for communication with the CEC adapter. If Plex tries to open the same COM port, it will fail.

linkmk

Post by linkmk » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:31 am

matt wrote:Hi
THis is all new to me. I have an Intel NUC running Plex on Windows 8.1 with the pulse eight HDMi adapter.
I'm trying to make an event where when on desktop pressing red button on my tv-remote launch Plex.
In eventghost I can see the cec traffic ID that the red button is assigned to when pressed, so I added this as the event to trigger Plex to open and indeed it launches Plex but once in Plex a message appears when plex is initializing the adapter
which make it impossible to control plex. I know this is caused by eventghost cause when disabling the script then adapter is initialized correctly in plex.

This is how it looks in eventghost. Do any of you have a better idea to launch plex from my tv-remote?
Hey matt could you share with me how get receive traffic from samsung tv to eventghost, i have installed the driver, libcec and pulse-eight plugin but nothing appears on EG logs when i press buttons on my remote, even when i search anynet+ devices my tv says there isn't any.

thanks in advance

barnabas1969
Experienced User

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:29 pm

@linkmk - make sure that the HDMI-CEC adapter is powered-up and plugged-in to the HDMI inputs on the TV (and/or any HDMI switches) before you turn on the TV.

yasuo

Post by yasuo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi there,

libCEC3 is out and it has a native EG plugin now, its NOT listed on http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ but mentioned on http://blog.pulse-eight.com/2015/05/04/ ... libcec-v3/ and finally linked on http://blog.pulse-eight.com/2015/05/13/ ... -released/ to the actual download link: https://www.pulse-eight.com/Download/Get/31
MAN it took me 2 hours to find the actual download file......

Well, it seems your file has indeed more features, but seems to not work when i just overwrite the "original" .py file. can you implent it maybe?
Or maybe make contribute to the Github (worst case: fork)?

i'd really like to get more events from he plugin and not just the 8 Buttons from the LG remote...

Also, im looking for a way to RESTART the Plugin/COMmunication after waking up from hibernate.

Greetings :-)

wacind

Post by wacind » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:27 pm

Yea Yasuo,

Thanks for the update info. I updated my libCEC to version 3 and the installation comes with the EventGhost plugin which seems to work fine off the bat

Only negetive thing is that LibCEC v3 does not seem to play well with Kasinator's libCEC plugin so you would have to re-do your entire eventghost tree with the new plugin if you plan on upgrading

yasuo

Post by yasuo » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:31 pm

BTW. I just realised that the usb2cec adapter is just as expensive as a whole rpi

Anyway, it would be great to merge these plugins. Due to the nature of serial ports it's not possible to let more than 1 instance of libcec access the cec bus right?
So it's also not possible to run both plugins at the same time...

linkmk

Post by linkmk » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:32 am

Hello everyone.

Apparently my problem is Anynet + and its poor compatibility with other implementations of HDMI-CEC. I was trying to connect the internal adapter Pulse-eight to a samsung tv and never received traffic from the tv.

The other day I brought the nuc to my workplace (very portable indeed :D ) and I tested on a LG TV working great. I was finally able to record traffic in Eventghost and plex app from the TV by pressing the colored buttons etc etc. Concluding that is Anynet+ my problem.

It is a shame that Samsung does not provide any information to customers on their implementation of HDMI-CEC. Well for now my samsung tv is for sale and I hope to recover some money to replace it with a LG TV with SIMPLINK.

But if anyone on the forum has a tv and samsung is working with the adapter Pulse-eight I ask you to tell us the secret. :wink:

Teh_Fonz

Post by Teh_Fonz » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:38 am

I've disabled the KODI libCEC plugin and the eventghost HDMI-CEC plugin works, but after a suspend and resume windows the plugin fails. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Do I need to disable something else somewhere else?
The plugin is set to HDMI 1 and it is connected to my AVR and the appropriate setting is ticked in the HDMI-CEC Eventghost plugin.
Cheers

yasuo

Post by yasuo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:09 am

Same problem here...

You can reload EG on system.resume but youstill have to replug the usb-device, right?

So far it's a toy but not really useful in a "productive" living room (every time I want to show off my cool remote control it doesn't work XD)

Teh_Fonz

Post by Teh_Fonz » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:39 am

the HDMI-CEC Pulse Eight device is probably singlehandedly the worst supported device I have ever bought. It's so expensive for what it is and has zero support. Now the forum has just disappeared it's even worse. We rely on other programmers to work shit out for us.

yasuo

Post by yasuo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:22 pm

Well basically it's just a usb2serial adapter soldered into an hdmi slot, right?
How would you reconnect a regular usb2serial adapter?

BTW. What's that HID device good for?