I have spent a while with the latest version of this plugin (1.2.3b) trying to get it to work, and have only been partially successful. I have a Sony Bravia TV, a Denon Amp, current firmware on my Pulse-Eight device, and the latest libCEC from kgschlosser's link above. I am running Windows 10 64-bit with an AMD Radeon HD series video card. I am running EG 0.5 rc4. Before testing, I did a clean EG install including deleting my EG %appdata% folder before reinstalling, and I am working from a clean tree.
I have tried setting the plugin to use HDMI ports 1 through 16, and get the same result every time...
EG can control the TV (power off, power toggle, etc), but EG does not receive most events from button presses on the remote control.
It receives only the following events:
- Volume changes
- Power On (though the event this triggers shows up as SonyTV.Source.Recording Device 1 -- in case it's not obvious, I have named my device SonyTV in the plugin configuration)
The button presses do get recorded in Pulse-Eight's CEC Test Client, and if I turn off the plugin within EG I can enable the CEC Adapter in my Kodi installation or I can open up the Pulse-Eight CEC Test Client, and it works fine in both of these. I also am able to capture most button presses in EG using older versions of the libCEC plugin -- each version has been slightly quirky, so I was hopeful this version would finally work out all the kinks.
In testing, I have noticed a couple of things, though I admit I do not understand CEC all that well so some of this may not matter:
- CEC Test Client shows my TV as device 0, but I cannot select HDMI Port 0 in the config for this plugin
- Configuring the plugin to use HDMI Port 8 causes the TV to be turned off and back on
(A few other HDMI ports above 8 do this as well -- I forget which ones)
- It doesn't seem to matter if I configure the plugin for AVR Volume Control or not
- Randomly as I was typing this, three events showed up: SonyTV.AVR.Disconnected, SonyTV.AVR.Connected and SonyTV.AVR.Power.On -- might be a loose connection on my end, but in the last ~3 hours I have not seen any of these messages until now
Finally, the minimum polling speed of 0.1 seconds is still a little slow vs. the rate at which my signals are generated. If I press the volume button once, sometimes EG does not record it. Given this, with all my testing I have been holding the Left or Right buttons down for extended periods to ensure EG has time to capture a signal.