MediaMonkey

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
GBWebmaster
Experienced User

Re: MediaMonkey

Post by GBWebmaster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:32 am

Hello Pako,

sorry for my bad english. Close MM four times means, I start it and close it, start it and close it, ... all through EG and the event "MediaMonkey: Exit/Disconnect MediaMonkey: True"
Anytime after this action I get the loginfo (see my last post) and MM works one time as it should.

But with the next start I had the same problem ...

P.S.: To emulate keystrokes with EG is no problem for MM. Only the events "Play", "Next", "Album Jukebox" don't work ...
My OS is Win7 ultimate x86 - is this the problem??
Für den, der nie das Rudel anführt,
wird sich die Aussicht nicht ändern.

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:50 am

GBWebmaster wrote:My OS is Win7 ultimate x86 - is this the problem??
I do not think it is a problem. My OS is Windows 7 Professional (x86).
Unfortunately I still can not evoke the same state as yours.
Most likely it will be a collision with what you have and I do not.

Pako

GBWebmaster
Experienced User

Post by GBWebmaster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:55 am

But there are only 4 programs installed: MM, XBMC, PowerDVD and dvbviewer (TV-Software).
Then I must work with keystrokes in MM or downgrade to MM3 ... :cry:

GBWebmaster

EDIT:
I found a solution:
When I start MM with the event "MediaMonkey: Start MediaMonkey", then I get a lot of problems,
when I start MM with the event "Start Program: MediaMonkey.exe", then everything looks great - as yet.
Für den, der nie das Rudel anführt,
wird sich die Aussicht nicht ändern.

jitterjames
Experienced User

Post by jitterjames » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:32 pm

I assume he means "open and then close" four times. I don't know why someone would do that, but I guess he's trying to force the error.

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:52 pm

jitterjames wrote:I assume he means "open and then close" four times.
Sure, I've understood it from his answers.
However, I try the same way, but no error occurs.

Pako

RURon

Post by RURon » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:13 am

Hello all,

I am trying to set up Eventghost with pako's Plugin (V 0.2.12) and MM3 so that when I press a button on my remote when a song is playing, that the current playlist would be emptied and then all songs by the currently playing artist are added to the playlist. I often have a pretty random big playlist running and then I hear a song by some artist and think "hey, more songs of this band please".

I have no clue about python and wonder how the functions that pako's plugin provides can be used. In my idea I have to use the get basic song info function together with the Load playlist by filter function - but just how can I make use of the get basic song info in another function?

Any help greatly appreciated,

have a nice weekend,
Ernie

jitterjames
Experienced User

Post by jitterjames » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 pm

you will want to do something with {eg.result}

here's a reference that is very handy: http://www.eventghost.org/docs/scripting.html

depending on what you get back in {eg.result} and how the mm plugin works you might not even need to use scripting, you might just be able to put {eg.result} directly in the macro that requests music.

jitterjames
Experienced User

Post by jitterjames » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi Pako,

When I try to use "get basic song info" with just artist selected (or combination of checkboxes selected) I get this error:

I haven't really used this plugin for a while so I don't know when this might have started happening.

I am using MediaMonkey 4.0.2.1462
using EventGhost 0.4.1.r1544, Oct 31 2011

I tried with the mediamonkey plugin that comes preinstalled in eventghost, and also with the one at the beginning of this post and I get an error in both cases:

edit: this only happens on my laptop, it works fine on my htpc which is running EG r1540 :?: I have no idea why.

Code: Select all

MediaMonkey: ___X_____________
   Error in Action: "MediaMonkey: ___X_____________"
   Traceback (most recent call last) (1544):
     File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionBase.py", line 170, in CallWrapper
       return self(*args)
     File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MediaMonkey\__init__.py", line 1620, in __call__
       SongData,ix = self.plugin.GetSongData(self.value)
     File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MediaMonkey\__init__.py", line 943, in GetSongData
       return self.workerThread.CallWait(partial(self.workerThread.GetSongData, index),1000)
     File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 234, in CallWait
       return self.Func(func, timeout)()
     File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 62, in __call__
       self.returnValue = self.func(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
     File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MediaMonkey\__init__.py", line 270, in GetSongData
       SongDataDict[item] = str(itm)
   ValueError: can't format dates this early

jitterjames
Experienced User

Post by jitterjames » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:16 am

RURon wrote:
I am trying to set up Eventghost with pako's Plugin (V 0.2.12) and MM3 so that when I press a button on my remote when a song is playing, that the current playlist would be emptied and then all songs by the currently playing artist are added to the playlist.
This should do it. Paste the following into your tree and assign an event for you remote button:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<EventGhost Version="1540">
    <Macro Name="play more from same artist" Expanded="True">
        <Event Name="add your event here" />
        <Action>
            MediaMonkey.GetBasicSongInfo([False, False, False, True, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False, False], u'')
        </Action>
        <Action>
            EventGhost.PythonScript(u'strWhere = "Artist=\'"+eg.result+"\'"\nprint strWhere\neg.plugins.MediaMonkey.LoadPlaylistBySql(u\'\', strWhere, 2, 2, 2, True)\n  ')
        </Action>
        <Action>
            Speech.TextToSpeech(u'Microsoft Anna - English (United States)', 0, u'Now Playing song by {eg.result}', 0, 100)
        </Action>
    </Macro>
</EventGhost>

RURon

Post by RURon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:23 pm

jitterjames wrote:
This should do it. Paste the following into your tree and assign an event for you remote button:
Wow, thank you very much jitterjames! Works fantastic! Only the Text to speech doesnt work - when I load the XML into EG, I immediately get errors in the log, so I think EG or the python engine or something maybe doesnt "know" about text to speech?

But it is awesome as it is and again, thank you for the great help - my girlfriend is gonna be impressed ;-)

Unhandled exception in WorkerThread <EventThread>:
Callers stack:
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 8007, in MainLoop
  File "wx\_core.pyc", line 7303, in MainLoop
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 344, in FuncWrapper
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\MainFrame\__init__.py", line 757, in OnCmdOpen
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Document.py", line 373, in Open
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Document.py", line 176, in StartSession
Traceback (most recent call last) (1486):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 201, in __DoOneEvent
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 224, in HandleAction
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 72, in __call__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\EventThread.py", line 127, in StartSession
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ThreadWorker.py", line 72, in __call__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionThread.py", line 44, in StartSession
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Document.py", line 162, in Load
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\RootItem.py", line 51, in __init__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ContainerItem.py", line 41, in __init__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ContainerItem.py", line 41, in __init__
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\tools\EventGhost\eg\Classes\ActionItem.py", line 75, in __init__
AttributeError: 'Bunch' object has no attribute 'Speech'

jitterjames
Experienced User

Post by jitterjames » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:21 pm

you probably just need to install the "speech" plugin. :) You are most welcome. I already had done something similar, which google searches for guitar tabs for the current song. I can post that too if anyone is interested.

RURon

Post by RURon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:04 pm

jitterjames wrote:you probably just need to install the "speech" plugin.
right on...now she talks to me ;-) Thanks again!

poleguy

Post by poleguy » Wed May 16, 2012 11:08 am

I'm running EventGhost 0.4.1.r1568.
I noticed a bug causing errors to be spewed to the EventGhost screen when MediaMonkey was not running.
I added three lines to MediaMonkey\__init__.py fix this. Without this fix, the error flag is left set, and EventGhost apparently doesn't like this.

I also had a problem where every time I got a play event it would trigger a Keyboard Space command, which would then stop the track, so I had to disable that event. I'm not sure why that happened, but if that is the default way this plugin comes up, that could be improved.

One at Line 45:
from win32api import GetLastError

Two near line 1328:

def isRunning(self): # the fastest way I found ...
hwnd = None
while hwnd != 0:
hwnd = FindWindowEx(None, hwnd, "Winamp v1.x", None)
if hwnd:
if GetModuleFrom_hWnd(hwnd).find("MediaMonkey") >= 0:
junk = GetLastError() # clear error
return True
junk = GetLastError() # clear error
return False

nonob
Experienced User

Post by nonob » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:22 am

Hi,

All was working fine until i change my mediamonkey setup type: it was first a standart setup, then i change it to portable setup.
Since i did that, my mediamonkey plugin didn't work anymore:

At evenghost startup i have this window:

Do i really need to change my setup to standart installation ?

Thanks

nonob
Experienced User

Post by nonob » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi,
Finally i reinstalled mediamonkey (4.0.5.1496) in standart mode (not portable) and the eg mediamonkey plugin works now :)

But, i have another issue, if i close mediamonkey, i have a looping red errors lines in evenghost log, which doens't stop until i restart mediamonkey.., but so remote control doesn't work anymore, i have to retsart evenghost if i want it works again!

Here is the log :

Task.ClosedWindow.MediaMonkey
Traceback (most recent call last) (1568):
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Scheduler.py", line 137, in MainLoop
    func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MediaMonkey\__init__.py", line 1339, in checkIsRunning
    if not self.isRunning():
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MediaMonkey\__init__.py", line 1330, in isRunning
error: (2, 'FindWindowEx', 'Le fichier sp\xe9cifi\xe9 est introuvable.')
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\Scheduler.py", line 137, in MainLoop
    func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MediaMonkey\__init__.py", line 1339, in checkIsRunning
    if not self.isRunning():
  File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MediaMonkey\__init__.py", line 1330, in isRunning
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
Task.Deactivated.EventGhost
Task.Activated.Desktop
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
    func(*args, **kwargs)
    if not self.isRunning():
Task.NewWindow.MediaMonkey
Task.Deactivated.Desktop
Task.Activated.MediaMonkey
   Switch to mode: Mediamonkey
      Activation exclusive: MediaMonkey
Task.Deactivated.MediaMonkey
Task.Activated.EventGhost
IgorPlugUSB.Unknown.289F87EBD4
   Toggle Play
      MediaMonkey: Toggle Play
I have evenghost 0.4.1.r1568 and mediamonkey plugin 0.3.3.

Thanks