MusicBee

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
wysocki
Experienced User

Re: MusicBee

Post by wysocki » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:09 am

Pako, I'm just a bit confused: I downloaded Musicbee and it looks great. I'm replacing Winamp with it. Now I don't know what I did wrong, but I get your Musicbee page in Webserver, but it says "Musicbee is Off". Here's where I stand:

1. Your last post says that the plugin is at version 0.0.15 so I ASSUME the first post in the thread points to the Sourceforge page where I downloaded it, and installed it. Not sure what version I have since Configure Item doesn't show version. I pointed to the executable and put four events in the configuration. I have new Musicbee macros in my tree.

2. I wanted a starting point for a Webserver page, so I downloaded "Tree_And_Www.zip" as well as "MusicBeeEventGhostWebserver.zip" which appear to be very similar except for the .xml file in the latter.

3. I copied the files from Tree_And_Www to my server, made a few path corrections for the images, and the page comes up - but it says Musicbee is Off. My EG log says:

Musicbee.Running
EVENT: HTTP.WsClientConnected [('192.168.1.105', 57492)]
EVENT: MB.GetAllValues [('192.168.1.105', 57492)]
EVENT: MB.play/pause

Could you explain where I went wrong with this procedure?

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Yes, this solution (MusicBee plugin + Webserver plugin) needed some revision.
So here it is.
You probably need to change the path of the HTML document root.
And maybe something else too.

Note:
Even still you can sometimes see the message "Musicbee is Off." In this case can help reload the page or clicking on the icon MusicBee.

Pako
Attachments
MusicBeeWebserver.zip
(203.58 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
You know flattr ? You can Image

wysocki
Experienced User

Post by wysocki » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:37 am

Thank you, Pako! I got it going and I'm actually understanding a bunch of what's going on (amazing). I had to make a few changes to your code because I wanted to have the musicbee stuff in its own folder beneath the root so I had to edit a bunch of url paths (like changing /images to ./images) but it works now! As a newb, I had a challenge incorporating your xml into mine but it looks like my cut/paste work was ok.
(Minor bug: the "year" field does not show anything.)
Thanks again!

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:46 pm

wysocki wrote:(Minor bug: the "year" field does not show anything.)
Can you please clarify this?

NEW:
The new version of plugin (0.0.16) has just been released.
It adds support for MusicBee version 3.
In the main configuration dialog plugin you choose whether you want to use the old version (ie MusicBee.exe) or new (MusicBee3.exe).

EDIT 2016-04-24:
Starting with version 3.0 RC1 (3.0.5943) MusicBee.exe returned to the old name.
This means that the name MuscBee3.exe was canceled.

Pako

astranberg

Post by astranberg » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:18 am

MusicBee crashes after installation, and works again after uninstall. I am running W10.

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:35 am

What's your version MusicBee and what is your version of the plugin?
I just now tried the latest version MusicBee (3.0.5954) and the latest version of the plugin (0.0.16).
My OS: Win 10 (64b). Everything is operating normally.

Pako

wysocki
Experienced User

Post by wysocki » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:23 am

Pako: I'm having an issue with musicbee plugin in conjunction with the webserver. I believe I am running all the current versions of everything. Here's a scenario:
1. EG started with MB and WS plugins running.
2. WS works fine, both sending events and controlling MB.
3. I restart EG (EG closes and restarts but does NOT close and restart MB application)
4. Webserver is now dead (would require reboot to get everything working again).

HOWEVER: If instead of rebooting, I just CLOSE the original instance of MB that is still running, a second instance of MB appears and the webserver continues to work! So, it appears that the problem is merely that EG is not closing MB when a RESTART command is performed. If I do an EXIT instead of a RESTART, EG still does not shut down MB. If I then start EG again, it only appears in task manager, until I close MB, then EG continues to startup and open MB again.

Am I the only one experiencing this???

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 am

I'm not using this plugin anymore. However, I remember that sometimes I had similar problems. At that time I tried to solve it, but in vain. I did not find a solution. Now I no longer want to go back to it. I am sorry.

Pako