RFXtrx

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
tjabas
Experienced User

Re: RFXtrx

Post by tjabas » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:11 pm

krambriw wrote:Depends what you are looking for but the main advantage with RFXtrx is its support for many more products. Besides it is much better in handling transmission of multiple commands and parallel receiving of sensor signals. It is also faster in the situation that you need to send out multiple commands to several devices. Let's say you have many lamps with different adresses that you would like to turn on at a certain time, then the RFXtrx is much faster in handling this.

But if you have specific needs, please just make a note here and I'm sure you will get an answer
thanks for the answer, well yes i think the tellstick is slow in handling the commands, thats partly why i have got my eyes on the RFX, but i have alot of events made in eventghost using the tellstick, is there a quick way to change the tellstick to the RFX, or do i have to to make all the programming once again in eventghost to set all the Xbmc and all the other plugins to work with the RFX?
im also thinking of using the domoticz software with the RFX, i guess its better than Tellus center, but im not sure, do you know the name of the software that comes with the RFX?
sorry this has nothing to do with your plugin, but im just cuorius..

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:19 am

is there a quick way to change the tellstick to the RFX
Not a quick way, you have to make a new for each you have but it will help guiding you to create them, it will not take that long, maybe you can even use copy paste and just change some parts. You could also try editing the eg xml file directly instead of working in the tree.

The software that comes with the RFXtrx is the RFXmngr that is used to configure the RFXtrx and it is very useful (and necessary).

For other softwares than EG I can highly recommend Node-RED, it runs fantastic with the RFXtrx in a Raspberry Pi. There is also support for the TellStickDuo but it doesn't really help to overcome the drawbacks of the Duo (BTW have you tried my latest plugin for the Duo? I have just introduced a buffer to handle many commands)

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:40 am

krambriw wrote:
is there a quick way to change the tellstick to the RFX
Not a quick way, you have to make a new for each you have but it will help guiding you to create them, it will not take that long, maybe you can even use copy paste and just change some parts. You could also try editing the eg xml file directly instead of working in the tree.

The software that comes with the RFXtrx is the RFXmngr that is used to configure the RFXtrx and it is very useful (and necessary).

For other softwares than EG I can highly recommend Node-RED, it runs fantastic with the RFXtrx in a Raspberry Pi. There is also support for the TellStickDuo but it doesn't really help to overcome the drawbacks of the Duo (BTW have you tried my latest plugin for the Duo? I have just introduced a buffer to handle many commands)

thank you very much, i will try the new version of tellstickduo emideatley.

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi!

i have just installed the rfxtrx plugin, but i get some errors, it says,

Error starting plugin: RFXtrx
Can't open serial port!

i have set the port to 3, where it is connected.
domoticz can see the rfx.

so im a bit confused.

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Please check that Domoticz is really shut down, maybe there is a service or process still holding the port. Try also the RFXmngr

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:28 pm

krambriw wrote:Please check that Domoticz is really shut down, maybe there is a service or process still holding the port. Try also the RFXmngr
Thanks. It seems to work now, a reboot did the trick, but i can see that the RFX plugin is really different compared to the Duo plugin, or have i done something wrong?
Do i need to program each switch again? In the Duo plugin every switch is visable.

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:21 pm

Yes, they are different

a) You can only have one connection to the RFXtrx at a time but it is a direct & fast connection. For the Duo you do not connect directly, you connect via a service (TelldusCenter) so you can have several connections listening to events & sending commands with the Duo. With EG there are much better ways to solve this if you have multiple consumers (I would then suggest to use EG and MQTT to publish/subscribe to events & commands but that can be discussed later if needed)

b) You do not have to re-program your devices but you will need to configure new actions. This is because the RFXtrx and the Duo device and sensor addresses are different. So you need to figure out what addresses they have. You can do that by sending the "old commands" with the Duo (or the working remote) and listen with the RFXtrx. In the EG log you should see the difference. Hopefully you have many with the same addresses but different unit code.

The first step should anyway be to do the setup of the RFXtrx using the RFXmngr program, select the protocols you need and save to persistent memory (so the RFXtrx will remember this after an eventual power interrupt

Duo plugin every switch is visable
This is because you once configured the Telldus Center

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:50 am

Connect the RFXtrx433 with RFXmngr and enable the AC and ARC protocols. If you transmit a command with Telldus Duo you will see the address of the device that can be used by the RFXtrx433.

tjabas
Experienced User

Post by tjabas » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:21 am

krambriw wrote:Connect the RFXtrx433 with RFXmngr and enable the AC and ARC protocols. If you transmit a command with Telldus Duo you will see the address of the device that can be used by the RFXtrx433.
Thank you very much :D

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:01 am

New version 2.0.1 published:

# 2016-12-18 Walter Kraembring: Added support for FW release 433_1012
# Thermostat4 – MCZ 1 fan, 2 fans and 3 fans models re-worked
# BlindsT8 up/down changed to close/open
# BlindsT13 – Screenline added
# Thermostat4 zero fan speed added

krambriw
Plugin Developer

Post by krambriw » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:09 am

New version 2.0.2 uploaded

Added support for FW release 433_1013
Lighting5 - Kangtai, Cotech
RFY Centralis commands (> 2 seconds)

jenno2001

Re: RFXtrx- Smartwares Radiator Thermostat

Post by jenno2001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 am

Walter are you able to help me please with an Addressing issue I have in the RFXtrx plugin. Using the remote my device has an address which I can transmit in RFXmngr

Radiator1 command
================================================
subtype = Smartwares
Sequence nbr = 13
ID = 1714A00
Unit = 2
Command = Set Temperature:17.5

However the plugin Address ID Dropdown doesn't have '00' as an option in the last selection box.
I'm not a programmer however I tried adding '00' to the id_4_Ctrl List, but without success.

Code: Select all

# Create a dropdown for ID 4
        id_4_Ctrl = wx.Choice(parent=panel, pos=(10,10)) 
        list = [
                '01', '02', '03', '04', '05', '06', '07', '08', '09'
Can you suggest the code changes I should make to correct this? Just to confirm I can get it to work in RFXmngr.
Many thanks

jenno2001

Re: RFXtrx Smartwares Radiator Thermostat

Post by jenno2001 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Now solved Addressing option..
Was able to add '00' to list, however I was in the Old World and realised the source for this plugin is in ProgramData.