MouseEvent Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: MouseEvent Plugin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 pm

Here is the newest version. 1.1.4
Attachments
MouseEvent-1.1.4.egplugin
(27.98 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:19 pm
it seems as tho you have the MouseEvent.GetLastWheelEvent action disabled for starters.
But it also appears as tho that is not the action. but it is a Python Command.
try deleting the action and remaking it.

Something happened as some point in time where the plugin had an error on startup. when this happens all of the actions gets converted to Python Command actions. The plugin got deleted from your tree while it was in this state which does not remove the Python Command actions. then the plugin got reinstalled but EG can't link the 2 back together because there is no reference between the 2. You can confirm that it is a Python Command by double clicking on it. the config dialog should be the one for a Python Command .
I freshly disabled it today, and replaced it with the mouse action, because it seemed to be the same. When I re-enable it I get the error below. It is a python command and the script that immediately follows it, used to work. I know you've tidied up some things in the plugin, i.e. removed the word mouse from mousewheel, in the mouse wheel events, that this plugin produces, which made sense it wasn't needed. I'm figuring something else is also different now.

MouseEvent.GetLastWheelEvent()
Error in Action: "MouseEvent.GetLastWheelEvent()"
Traceback (most recent call last) (WIP-2018.04.10-17.53.02):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'MouseEvent' is not defined

(This line is name of the script that fires) Mouse Edge Wheel & Position
Traceback (most recent call last):
Python script "5", line 1, in <module>
if 'Wheel' in eg.result:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 pm

I want to know why it is installing as a python command instead of an action. You will need to try something for me. Change that command to

eg.result = eg.plugins.MouseEvent.GetLastWheelEvent()

And see if it works then. I will take a look as soon as I get home.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 pm

I have tried to replicate this on my home system and it work fine.

Give this a shot

create a blank tree. save the blank tree. then exit eventghost. start eventghost back up. this should reload the blank tree and it also makes sure there is no residue for any plugins still kicking about.

Install the mouse event plugin.

start the plugin only monitoring the wheel movements. cause a wheel movement.
create a macro with the Get Last Wheel Event action in it. then add the action dump result to log. add the wheel movement event to the macro and see if it works. If it does then there is something going on with your tree file. and if you can send it to me in a PM that would be great. I will give it a look see to find out what is going on.

If you still have the same issue then it could be possibly because the plugin is loaded in 2 spots. If you have a mouseevent folder in

Code: Select all

program files (x86)\eventgost\plugins
then delete it. You should only have one copy of the plugin installed. Depending on security and what windows version you are running the plugin installer may not have been able to remove the old plugin. we will see if this fixes the issue. This could be the cause because the plugins are loaded by GUID and not by version. and the GUID doesn't change between versions. it could be picking up things from both of them.

If this is indeed the case and after removing the plugin from the program files location and everything starts working then you have found a bug my friend.

justahotbag2
Experienced User

Post by justahotbag2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 pm

@Kg
Thank you, for your help up to this point, I feel I need to lay off your help and time for as long as possible. At some point this plugin used python commands as it's actions (or they just showed up as such), and I never noticed, because they kept working. I've switched them all out for actions. No errors.

In addition, clearly my scripting was not great to begin with, my poorly scripted script, try's to setup 3 zones where scrolling will change the volume on my AV. After further testing it's not completely broken, 2 out of 3 zones work , I simply kept checking it on the same monitor, and was not noticing it. I'm going to relearn what I need to learn and get it more robust. Sometimes, I think that everyone that uses EG is already a Dev. I'm going to figure this out, and thanks again.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:32 am

Oh boy. If you could see my PM inbox and the number of people that feel just like you do.

No most users are not devs. I get a tremendous amount of PM's asking how to do things. I understand as to why. But never be afraid to ask a question. especially if there is someone there to to answer it. Now I can make this a really good learning thing for you. I won't give you the answer, i can give you pointers to help so you can do the brain crunching and solve the problem. I find this is a much better way to learn. This is because you had find the solution yourself. you had to "earn" it instead of having it simply handed to you. Plus it gives you alot of satisfaction knowing you are the one that solved the issue.

I think I may start up a new forum thread. call it something like "Let's go to School" and in there would be lessons on how to script in python. what various python functions do. and also about the various parts and pieces of EG.

But if you want to learn a lot about python. if you have an android device. download an app called Learn Python. It is going to seem almost preschool. Stick with it and do the lessons. It actually gets addicting.

And never feel like you should lay off asking me for help or suggestions. If I think you are becoming a pain in the ass (well you already are but more then usual :shock: :lol: ) I will not respond to ya. That has not happened as of yet with anyone. And to be honest it will most likely never happen. So ask away. I hate to see someone get fustrated. Trust me I know what it is like. I had no one to ask for help it was extremely nerve racking If you read the Harman Kardon plugin support thread you will see this.

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi again.
Is there a fix for this on Win10x64 & EG 5rc6?

Error in Action: "MouseEvent.StopMouseEventListener()"
Traceback (most recent call last) (0.5.0-rc6):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'MouseEvent' is not defined

All 4 errors (or similar) occur after...
MouseEvent.StopMouseEventListener()
&
MouseEvent.StartMouseEventListener()

Thanks
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

topix
Experienced User

Post by topix » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Are you using MouseEvent plugin version 1.1.14?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 am

I am wondering you if you more then one copy of the mouse event plugin installed.

delete any MouseEvent plugin you see in either of these locations

c:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins
c:\programdata\EventGhost\plugins

then download the Mouse Event plugin from a couple of posts back and run run the egplugin file.

zian
Site Admin

Post by zian » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:41 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:16 am
I am wondering you if you more then one copy of the mouse event plugin installed.

delete any MouseEvent plugin you see in either of these locations

c:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins
c:\programdata\EventGhost\plugins

then download the Mouse Event plugin from a couple of posts back and run run the egplugin file.
Bingo... the older version was in the data folder.
Working on creating whole new tree/config.
Seems to be working good so far.
topix wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:30 pm
Are you using MouseEvent plugin version 1.1.14?
I sort of was. lol
See above.
Thanks all.
eventghost.net
Be there or be square.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:16 am

no worries m8