SoundGraph iMON API Plugin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: SoundGraph iMON API Plugin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:17 pm

OK so i installed the drivers. I no longer get any errors. it is telling me that the hardware is not connected.. it is working like it should. this is as far as i can get with it.

if you have any remote mapping set up in the iMon software. remove them.. EG will do all of that for you.. basically you want a clean install of the iMon software and no settings changed.. it defaults to having the plugin mode enabled for both the display and the remote....

here is a new version.
Attachments
iMON-0.0.2b.egplugin
(220.35 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Coy_08

Post by Coy_08 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:14 pm

So, I've downloaded the modified imon plugin.
I don't get any errors anymore.

The numbers buttons still doesn't work.
If I press a number key on the RC I don't get to see what button I've pushed in EG.

One strange thing I 've noticed is, when I choose the "Keyboard Plugin", and I press a number button on the RC, I get a response in EG.

Code: Select all

---> Welcome to EventGhost <---
Autostart
Main.OnInit
Plugin: Keyboard
Keyboard.1
Keyboard.2
Keyboard.3
Keyboard.4
Keyboard.5
Keyboard.6
In this example, I've pushed the number buttons 1 till 6 on the RC. So, I've found it weird that those number buttons on the RC are also connected to the same 1 to 9 number keys on the keyboard. *Note: NOT numpad number keys!

Now, I've tried something out. I made a macro for each of those buttons. So, when I press one of the number buttons, I let it to show the actual number associated with my AZERTY keyboard layout. So that works.
There is one downside regarding this method and that is, if I make a macro for each of number buttons on my RC it also do the same for the number keys on my keyboard, which I don't want.

Is there any way, for like, tell EG that, when a number button is pushed on the RC it sends the correct number, but don't do the same for when a number key is pushed on the keyboard?
Is that possible? Or can you program the iMON script in such way, it knows like: aah, now I'm getting the number key from the RC instead of the keyboard. So, now I show the correct number, but when the number key is pressed on the keyboard it doesn't interfere.

I'm very happy to hear. Also, many thanks for your work already :)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:58 pm

Sorry about the delayed response.. the mainbaord in my PC decided to stop working.. right in the middle of me using the computer... I have never had that happen before.. the machine completely locked up except for the mouse and I had to do a manual reset. and when the machine went to startup it said my system drive partition was corrupted and some of the Windows boot files were corrupted.. the bios on the mainbaord only reported 1/2 the amount of ram that was installed and 1/2 of my USB ports no longer worked.. I am thinking that a capacitor went bad and as a result a good portion of the mainboard. no longer had power.. and then my wife's car had some issues I had to fix on top of that... I had a spare main board but it took me an hour or 2 to diagnose then another 4 or so to change. my wife's car was an all day affair just about.. been a busy day and a half!

so is it working correctly? I am not sure by your post if it is or isn't...

You do NOT want to create any macros using the iMon app.. You want to have EG handle everything. it is going to make it far easier to deal with if you only have EG handling any kind of a macro you want to make... I believe that if you create macros in iMon and also in EG they are going to bump heads..

iMon has a proprietary remote interface it does not use the eHome CIR drivers It looks as tho it only has the ability to use the XP style keyboard notifications but only if you program it to do so through the use of their "macros". I didn't have to do anything but install the application....

If I had one of these iMon devices we could get rid of the iMon driver and also the iMon application. I could write a program using python and EG that would talk to the device directly. this would open up the ability to display anything we wanted on the display.. custom icons.... different animations.. all kinds of nifty things. and it would also allow the use of ANY remote control not just the MCE remotes and the iMon remotes.

The largest issue with the remotes and the API for it is the volume up and down.. their API does not generate released notifications for the "knob" so you have to keep on tapping the thing instead of a simple press and hold... Limitation of the API.

Beej

Post by Beej » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:49 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:28 pm
... There is no API documentation any more. I am piecing this together for information I have found on the internet
... you might be able to help out with it if you are able to locate more information on the API.
in case helpful, here's WaybackMachine link to original iMON Remote Control API PDF

from the SoundGraph.com forums page...
i'd love to get ahold of that sdk zip file posted along with the pdf if anybody knows where to dig that up?
would be nice to see the iMONRemoteControlApiSample project code mentioned in there.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:55 pm

I have the SDK, I believe I also have the source code for the driver as well.