Growl

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Pako
Plugin Developer

Re: Growl

Post by Pako » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 pm

GrowlSecurity.png
GrowlSecurity.png (12.34 KiB) Viewed 5906 times
Probably earlier this check box was checked.

Pako

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

Hi Pako,

thank you very much for the growl plugin. It is working very well for a long time now on my machines.
There is one thing which might enhance my setup even more: As I have four machines running here in my network all with eg and growl it would be nice to forward some the eg messages from one machine to another via growl.
Now when I do so the eg application inside of growl on the receiving machine will be overwritten by the one coming from the sending machine. Is it possible to tweak something so each eg plugin will be unique in my network?
This means eg on the htpc should register as eventghost@htpc and eg on the whs should register as eventghost@whs in growl so it would see them as different applications.

Thanks for your help
Luca
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 am

This is an interesting idea. I think that I can help.
But I still do not understand how it works. Because I do not use Growl.
You are using the Forward notifications to other computers or Subscribe to notifications from other computers?
Can you please detail (and clearly, I do not speak English) to describe how it works now?

Pako

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi pako,

thanks for looking into this!

I'm gonna post some screenshots to show how it works on my network.

In this example I have three machine talking to each other via growl: The WHS, the workstation and the htpc.
These screens are from the workstation:
screen_mmigstation_2012-11-15_ 000.png
You can see in the applications tab that there are several apps registered to growl. Only eventghost is running on the local machine (workstation). The others run on the whs. They are shown cause I subscribed the workstation to notifications from the whs and on the whs forwarding to the workstation is enabled (by default in that case but you can configure that independently for each app).
You can see on the second screen how this is configured on the workstation:
screen_mmigstation_2012-11-15_ 001.png
As you can see on the screens I would like to forward the eg messages from the eg plugin running on workstation to the htpc. But as it is already running its own eg plugin this won't be possible...
screen_mmigstation_2012-11-15_ 003.png
The evenghost plugin/application in this screen would be overwritten by the one shown in the screen above if I would really forward it to the htpc....

I hope this helps you to understand the purpose of my question.
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 pm

You can try a modified version 0.0.3.
I also added the option to specify a password.

Pako
Attachments
Growl_plugin_2012.jpg

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi pako,

thank you so much! I had a detailed look at it and it is working like a charm!
All machines are set up and there where no errors, none in eg and none in growl either....
I didn't think about the password feature, it is great that you did...

Thanks again!
Luca

Zendio

Post by Zendio » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:46 am

The plugin crashes every time I try to load it in EventGhost. I'm not sure if this project is still active or what information you'd need from me.
Let me know :)!

Zendio

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 am

I do not know of any problems. Everything works normally.
I would like to know at least the version of the plugin that you are using, EG version, OS and Growl version.
Pako

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:50 am

Everything running fine here with latest eg and the modified version...

Zendio

Post by Zendio » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:43 pm

I'm running EventGhost 0.4.1.r1640 on Windows 8 64bit, Growl 2.0.9.
I'm using the plugin 0.0.3. On trying to load the plugin EverGhost freezes up and doesn't recover from it.

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:22 am

I'm sorry, but I can only help if you write instructions (step by step) how I could evoke the same error on my computer.

Pako

Silverhawk

Post by Silverhawk » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Pako wrote:I'm sorry, but I can only help if you write instructions (step by step) how I could evoke the same error on my computer.

Pako
I can't get it to work either. The plugin loads fine in Eventghost and Eventghost displayer works. I can't send any notifications to growl though, it says the application is not registered. I have copied the forwarder to *\AppData\Local\Growl\2.0.0.0\Forwarders\EventGhost Forwarder.

On a side note, I also tried the snarl plugin. But when I try to start the plugin in eventghost it just freezes and crashes immediately. I downloaded both the files that were mentioned here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3587
and put them in a Snarl folder inside EventGhost/plugins.

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:24 am

Silverhawk wrote:I can't get it to work either.
Maybe you're doing something wrong.
Please describe in detail, step by step, how you are doing it.
Please attach a copy of the EventGhost log (especially at the moment when you disable and enable the plugin) and also some screenshots (especially the plugin settings).

Pako

frith

Post by frith » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Sorry to bump this old topic. I just want to note that EventGhost Forwarder plugin for Growl no longer works with newer versions of EG. I can use it in EG v 0.4, not v 0.5.

I'm not sure how much of anything is still in development, but I use the Forwarder to get Gmail notifications from the still working but old and apparently unsupported Gmail Growl program.

So I've now got two instances of EG running (one in a virtual machine) to maintain this functionality. I have to also use 0.5 now due to newer forms of SSL that v 0.4's older version of Python can't connect to any longer.