OSM (On Screen Menu)

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
copota

Re: OSM (On Screen Menu)

Post by copota » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:46 pm

Is there a way to add multiple menus so they appear at the same time, or if there's any modification I can make to accomplish multiple menus at once.

I like using OSM on my PC as a quick menu to adjust volume and open apps, which I have mapped to open on my left wheel-mouse click. Currently I have my app shortcuts in nested menu, but I would like all my app shortcuts appear alongside of my volume menu at the same time.

I posted a mock screenshot of what I'm posting about if anyone knows how to accomplish this or a possible mod. Thansk for any suggestions.
Attachments
mock screenie.png

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm

I made a modified version of a plugin called OSD Menu not to be confused with On Screen Menu plugin.

I do not remember how far I got with it but I do know I added a built in menu system for the MicasaVerde Vera plugin that uses the same engine. So I could strip it out and put it into this plugin. It has way more features.

But the basic jist of it is you are able to have nested menus it works with multiple monitors, allows for scrolling long menus. Has previous menu item selection memory. Allows for dynamic updating of menu items while the menu is displayed (device status changes)

Again I do not remember how many of these features have been added to this version here. I have a highly developed version I run in my own home. But I just thought of some ideas on how to make it easy to create menus and also add dynamic updating. With time I have gotten better at python. And I made this a while ago. And I couldn't think of a way to easily achieve it.

I do not remember is this copy supports multiple menu instances. But I do not know if that would be a necessity given the nested menus option.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8092&p=39440&hilit= ... enu#p39440
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

copota

Post by copota » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:52 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm
I made a modified version of a plugin called OSD Menu not to be confused with On Screen Menu plugin.

I do not remember how far I got with it but I do know I added a built in menu system for the MicasaVerde Vera plugin that uses the same engine. So I could strip it out and put it into this plugin. It has way more features.

But the basic jist of it is you are able to have nested menus it works with multiple monitors, allows for scrolling long menus. Has previous menu item selection memory. Allows for dynamic updating of menu items while the menu is displayed (device status changes)

Again I do not remember how many of these features have been added to this version here. I have a highly developed version I run in my own home. But I just thought of some ideas on how to make it easy to create menus and also add dynamic updating. With time I have gotten better at python. And I made this a while ago. And I couldn't think of a way to easily achieve it.

I do not remember is this copy supports multiple menu instances. But I do not know if that would be a necessity given the nested menus option.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8092&p=39440&hilit= ... enu#p39440
This plugin sounds interesting, especially if multiple can be displayed at once. I bumped the thread you linked, since I have a question about installation. Thanks for the response.

Pako
Plugin Developer

Post by Pako » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:20 am

copota wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:46 pm
Is there a way to add multiple menus so they appear at the same time, or if there's any modification I can make to accomplish multiple menus at once.
I'm sorry, but I do not intend to change the plugin concept. That would be necessary if I wanted to meet your request. I hope the OSDMenu plugin will work according to your needs.

Pako