The O-MEGA Project

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Re: The O-MEGA Project

Post by Sem;colon » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Hehe, you're welcome and thank you Steve! :)
It should be even more amazing now 8)

Yes, still Python, HTML & JavaScript
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:46 pm

What are you using for the webserver framework?
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:19 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:46 pm
What are you using for the webserver framework?
Nothing new, just BaseHTTPServer / my own framework.
But it's quite flexible still and very simple.
(Still couldn't push myself to try flask :) )

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:16 pm

Flask is literally this easy.

Code: Select all

from flask import Flask
app = Flask(__name__)

@app.route('/')
def hello():
    return "Hello World!"

if __name__ == '__main__':
    app.run()
and now you have a Webserver!!!

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Yes, I know Kevin.. but as I said before, a transition to Flask would be really hard for the project. Flask is cool, no doubt, but to make use of it's awesomeness for this project, you need to completely redesign and rewrite it.

Look, the content is dynamically created via JavaScript and templates are literally organized via the file system. Flask does simply not fit to that design and would only waste resources :|

The webserver I'm using now is super lightweight and really only provides the features needed for the current design (and that's very basic)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:57 am

I got ya. sorry for my misunderstanding.

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 am

Hi all,

New version!
v0.4.10

What's new:
- Some bug fixes: Bugs that where connected to locking a scene, error after initial installation that the backup folder is missing
- Communication between PCs has been improved
- Fixes in the API dokumentation
- You can now define custom values for maxOnTime and maxOffTime for PC devices

Get it from the first post!

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Hi all,

New version!
v0.4.11

What's new:
- Some bug fixes and optimizations
- The back button is not anymore displayed on fullscreen if the fullscreen API is not used
- It's now possible to open the webinterface directly with a view of your choice by adding a tag behind the URL. The syntax is: <server address>#view<view ID> (this can save you the two clicks to select the correct view - just put a direct shortcut to the views on the desktop/home screen. Example: http://192.168.0.5#view2)

P.S. Don't forget to clear your browser cache after the update!

dan Edens
Experienced User

Post by dan Edens » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:22 am

Sem;colon wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:22 pm
Hi all,

New version!
v0.4.11

What's new:
- Some bug fixes and optimizations
- The back button is not anymore displayed on fullscreen if the fullscreen API is not used
- It's now possible to open the webinterface directly with a view of your choice by adding a tag behind the URL. The syntax is: <server address>#view<view ID> (this can save you the two clicks to select the correct view - just put a direct shortcut to the views on the desktop/home screen. Example: http://192.168.0.5#view2)

P.S. Don't forget to clear your browser cache after the update!
Very cool, thank you for the direct shortcut that's perfect

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:53 am

dan Edens wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:22 am
Very cool, thank you for the direct shortcut that's perfect
You're welcome! :D
I found it still too slow that you open the app and then have to select the view to be able to get where you want.
This was quite easy to implement actually and it offers a lot more possibilities: Like creating 3D barcodes for every room that you just need to scan with your phone to get to the control of the room or even automate the view selection with Tasker based on your location

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:49 pm

Hi all,

Amazon Alexa once brought with voice control home automation to the masses. Even though it's not always convenient as you can't use it in an environment that needs to be quiet (e.g. at night when other people want to sleep) it's undeniably cool that you don't need to use any device but just your own voice to control things.

Voice control is actually nothing new and existed way longer, what brought success to it the recent days is the "intelligence" around it. Not only the voice recognition has been improved with AI, but also how your command is interpreted, so you don't need to remember the exact phrase. You can just talk to it like with another person.

But who thinks it takes a multi million dollar company to provide such a feature is just wrong. The next version of the O-MEGA project will include a text interpreter that dynamically matches your (voice) commands to your configuration.

I'm currently running a prove of concept in my setup and it's working pretty well already. But I still have some more ideas to fine tune it.

Coming soon, so stay tuned :)

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:28 am

Sem;colon wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:49 pm
Hi all,

Amazon Alexa once brought with voice control home automation to the masses. Even though it's not always convenient as you can't use it in an environment that needs to be quiet (e.g. at night when other people want to sleep) it's undeniably cool that you don't need to use any device but just your own voice to control things.

Voice control is actually nothing new and existed way longer, what brought success to it the recent days is the "intelligence" around it. Not only the voice recognition has been improved with AI, but also how your command is interpreted, so you don't need to remember the exact phrase. You can just talk to it like with another person.

But who thinks it takes a multi million dollar company to provide such a feature is just wrong. The next version of the O-MEGA project will include a text interpreter that dynamically matches your (voice) commands to your configuration.

I'm currently running a prove of concept in my setup and it's working pretty well already. But I still have some more ideas to fine tune it.

Coming soon, so stay tuned :)
I used stuff like vox commando once ... but it was very stiff when it comes to voice recognition .
Then I tried the stuff from amazon and google , ultimately sticked with the web speech api from google since its really the best when it comes to recognize all kinds of words from its ai learning.

Even saying stuff like "imgur" gets recongnised .... which is impressive.
Sometimes I google by voice from couch and things like this really make the difference for these scenarios.

So to me it sounds like a bold statement that you could be holding a candle to this.
But I always like the idea of not having to depend on google or other services wich make things cost tons of money all of a sudden when the right time comes

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:04 pm

Medy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:28 am
So to me it sounds like a bold statement that you could be holding a candle to this.
But I always like the idea of not having to depend on google or other services wich make things cost tons of money all of a sudden when the right time comes
To set things clear, O-MEGA will not do the voice recognition itself, it'll "just" process the command coming from whatever source in text format and apply it to your configuration. For example a command like "turn on the light in the living room" would scan your config for items like "light" and "living room" and executes the appropriate "on" command(s).

So you will still need to use something like the google speech API or vox commando to do that necessary speech to text convert.

However, this gives you the freedom to choose your favorite voice engine yourself.
I also created a small extension, I'll release with it, that will let you use the voice Input feature of whatever tablet or phone you're using to submit voice commands. (Of course you could also just type your command instead of saying it, if you like ;D)

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Sem;colon wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:04 pm
Medy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:28 am
To set things clear, O-MEGA will not do the voice recognition itself, it'll "just" process the command coming from whatever source in text format and apply it to your configuration. For example a command like "turn on the light in the living room" would scan your config for items like "light" and "living room" and executes the appropriate "on" command(s).

So you will still need to use something like the google speech API or vox commando to do that necessary speech to text convert.

However, this gives you the freedom to choose your favorite voice engine yourself.
I also created a small extension, I'll release with it, that will let you use the voice Input feature of whatever tablet or phone you're using to submit voice commands. (Of course you could also just type your command instead of saying it, if you like ;D)

Okay ;)

kkl
Experienced User

Post by kkl » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:56 pm

Edit: Never mind. My bad. I didn't read that it required v0.5.

I just tried to install. The install.bat went fine, but as soon as I try to add the plug-in, I get a traceback error before even entering configuration info in the Plugin Item Settings form:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last) (1722):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginInstanceInfo.py", line 153, in CreateInstance
    plugin.__init__()
  File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\__init__.py", line 187, in __init__
    import omegalib
  File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\omegalib.py", line 11, in <module>
    import psutil
  File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\psutil\__init__.py", line 124, in <module>
    from . import _pswindows as _psplatform
  File "C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\psutil\_pswindows.py", line 15, in <module>
    from . import _psutil_windows as cext
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
I don't know what to do. Any help? Thanks.