The O-MEGA Project

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
steve@rpad

Re: The O-MEGA Project

Post by steve@rpad » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 pm

Hey, Nope same issue. Nothing after console window closes. After replacing install.bat
Thanx,

Steve

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am

Hi Steve, that's very strange.. you didn't extract the content to a network folder and ran it from there, did you? ^^°
If not, please open cmd.exe and navigate to the install.bat and execute it from there. That way you should be able to see what's wrong.

Usually the next step after you confirmed it's the server is that it copies files then sets a registry key and then there's more text to read before it's installing the plugin
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Fri May 01, 2020 7:01 pm

Hey Steve,
please try this one, the old install.bat had a problem with white spaces in the file path :)
Attachments
install.zip
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Sat May 02, 2020 5:51 am

Okay Sir, Good News and Bad News:

I install the O-MEGA files on a local, not network drive, albeit not the same drive as %apppath%

The new install.bat finished successfully and the plugin was successfully added to my EG Tree. I configured the plugin to use port 1023 rather than the default port 80, with no other changes to default. I disabled my current web server, which was using port 1023

No, Thank You.png
No, Thank You!

I'm getting an error in the log.

Log Error - WEBSERVER.png
WebServer Error

But, we are back to the furthest I've ever gotten. As per step 9 in your initial post:

"9. In the web interface go to "configuration" -> "Pages" -> and hit the save button on the bottom. Your page will reload and you can start using/customizing the interface (via the configuration page)"

I accessed the webpage thru port 1023 and was shown the following webpage. I'm unable to determine how to configure the page as all the buttons are undefined and I'm unsure how to continue.

ver 0.3.67 O-MEGA Initial screen.png
0.3.67 Initial Screen

I'm curious, the install.bat asks if this is the Server PC but when the log loads the plugin the log states:

"O-MEGA: This PC is recognized to be: - "

StartUp Log Entries.png
StartUp Log Entries

I'm wondering if maybe that's an issue?

Canadian Newbie very apologetic, but very appreciative! :D
Thanx,

Steve

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat May 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Hi Steve,

I'm happy to hear the installation worked now for you :)

The log looks good, the "-" is the default for the server, so that's ok.

Did you add the two scenes, or were they there already?
You installed it on a new PC right? Not the one from last time (as if so, you would need to delete your old configuration files)

Most likely you just need to empty your browser cache to get things going (aka. delete browsing history / temporary Internet files)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat May 02, 2020 5:02 pm

or press F5 while viewing the page. that will invalidate any of the caches and reload the page.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Tue May 05, 2020 7:09 am

Hey Steve,

did you already have a chance to try it again?
Since your old webserver was running on the same port, a cache problem is most likely. However, in case it's still not working after clearing the cache, can you please check if there are errors in the web console of your browser? (Pressing F12 should show it)

Thank you!

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Wed May 06, 2020 6:13 pm

Hey Sem; Not yet, but soon sitting down this evening for another session. Will check for errors as you requested
Thanx,

Steve

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Thu May 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Hey Sem; I'm having trouble restarting EG. The Configuration tree won't load after the initial O-Mega start. Here's the error log.

I've never seen this before...I will uninstall and reinstall EG I would assume. I have tried all 3 tree back ups and none will load. all the the same error. Can I delete the O-Mega Files directory?
Attachments
Config Tree Load Error.txt
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Thanx,

Steve

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Thu May 07, 2020 9:06 pm

Hi Steve,
Hmm, very strange :|
Can you maybe try to load the O-mega plugin into an empty EG tree first before including it into your previous config? This would eliminate any issues that may be related to other items in your config.
It'll be no problem to "transfer" O-MEGA from the new tree to your current one later, after everything is working fine :)

You're having another webserver running in your old configuration that is set to the same port, maybe they are both starting at startup and that's the reason for the error?

Btw. What do you mean by O-MEGA files folder?

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Mon May 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Hey Sem; I believe issue was my fault. I left a whole whack of unneeded files in root directory of EG installation (web server/o-mega plugin files/eg trees) which was messing up autoloading of plugins. Then, I mistakenly saved a whack of errors to my 2 most current EG Trees. (DUH!!!!). I'm cleaning up my very silly mistakes and am going to load/add schedule and O-MEGA Plugins only and begin a new EG tree using that as my starting point. I will eliminate rather than disable previous web server and network communications plugins. Learning curve is fun nonetheless! Kinda taking one of my teens thru the process as well.

Again, Dumba** Newbie Canadian apologizes for slow replies but a family of four is using one PC for everything under the sun. I'm under a little pressure to keep access going to files and such, soooo...not a lot of downtime to manage issues...I'm sorta doing tiny little bits of maintenance but still keeping original EG Tree active for Whole House Server File Access for family. DON'T GIVE UP ON ME YET!!!!!!!. I heard somewhere about a slow and easy going turtle kicking a rabbit's a**.

Questions: What I meant about O-MEGA Files Folder....Where should the files for the plugin and web server reside? Is it okay to place the files within the plugin directory beneath installation of EventGhost? i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\web
Thanx,

Steve

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Mon May 11, 2020 10:35 pm

Hi Steve!
No worries mate, take your time :)
About the folder: No, the webserver files need to go to %appdata% (write permissions are required), but this is the default when you run the install.bat and actually you can't even put it anywhere else, as the O-MEGA plugin has this path hardcoded for it's instance of the webserver (no option on the O-MEGA plugin to change the path)
The plugin itself should go to programdata rather than program files (also here, just leave it where the installer puts it :wink: )

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Thu May 14, 2020 3:48 am

Yeah....Step Number 10!
Step Number 10.png
Wish me luck
Thanx,

Steve

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 am

Yay, finally! :)
Good luck Steve!

And thank you for the screenshot! I can see that the O-MEGA internal alias for your server is the same as mine, I guess something is still not clean with the plugin installation :oops:
But this should not impact the functionality in any way, and you can rename that of course ;)

Let me know if I can help you setting up something in there :mrgreen:

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Fri May 15, 2020 3:33 pm

Sem; I can't THANK YOU enough for releasing this plugin into the Wild! It will change how I, and my family, will use EventGhost for YEARS to come!! You should be very, very proud of the skills and imagination it requires to get thru the writing of this Opus. I hope everyone checks out this plugin and donates to your beer fund because O-MG what a spectacular piece of work!! Every single menu I open, it's like, nice addition. All I have done so far is change the background to a Plain Black Colour. I have been obsessed with File Explorer. Thank You!

So, Where do I go from here? I'm thinking if you could maybe give very brief instructions as to how to add equipment and software to the interface? I'd like to start migrating my equipment into this interface and begin populating the O-MEGA EG Tree with my IR codes and such. I have a few days of modifying my old trees and cherry picking what I need and don't need so it's gonna be a while, but in the meantime a quick tutorial would be hugely appreciated!

Again, Thanks so much for sharing your intellectual property and your skills as a programmer. You have inspired me greatly towards my ultimate goal of a truly "smart house"
Thanx,

Steve