The O-MEGA Project

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Re: The O-MEGA Project

Post by Sem;colon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:54 pm

svengali wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 pm
I have not forgotten this plugin.
Getting all sorts of non-related pc-problems here but have done one try.
Installation seems fine but then it's not going so well.
Connection on lan ok. Login ok but startpage looked/reacted bad. Server on win7 ultimate and connecting pc win7 pro with Firefox browser. Could be Firefox problem.
Could not reach the server on localhost. Tried installing Python 3.4 to use its http.server but didn't help. The cmd window said it was loaded.
I'll come back to it later after i try to get the old webserver going and check its performance. I found my old webfiles.
What is the use of "tcp connection" and its port and password?
Hi Svengali,
Hard to say what your problem is there - did you already create an inbound rule in the Windows firewall for EventGhost or the port of your webserver? (Or disabled the firewall for testing?)

The tcp connection settings are only needed when you have multiple PCs running eventghost and you want them to talk to each other / control them with the same web interface.
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:34 pm

steve@rpad wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:21 am
Newbie's Log:

I went to check out the templates. Went back to PC install of EG. Went to Config screen to hit install and save my config and load a template. The File Open Combo Box showed no files of the .OMG extension. I noticed within my File Explorer that they all have .html extensions. I tried using the extension filter combo box but only .omg files were available as a choice. Changing the extension to .omg, gets you an error message telling me that file was not a valid import file. What should we do sir? Maybe no template is loaded at start?

Also, I misspoke concerning my question of VLC. What I meant to ask is, could we view a video file from within the webpage? I have PC Laptops with Android Tablets and Phones as my access to video/audio/remote services. I don't necessarily use a TV or Amplifier except maybe once a week. I don't want to have to load anything on the Android or PC Laptop side of things. Essentially i would walk in the house with a new device all you do is access web address and full configuration is set.
The process you describe is the one for importing a template/extension. The exporter creates the .omg files. They have to be exported before you can import them.
If you want to import something, you can download the examples from the first post.
However, the templates for PC come preinstalled, that means you don't need to import anything.
You can configure them via the configuration menu under settings in the webinterface itself. If you have problems there, you could maybe post a screenshot?

Ah, now I get what you mean with the VLC! To make it short, no, it's not possible. It can only remote control your PC, you can't transfer or open files with it from your phone.
But I have a suggestion for you, I guess you heard of the free media center software Kodi? You can install it on your PC, setup the folders with your music and movies for the library and leave it running. It'll do an indexing of the content, loading covers and descriptions from the internet automatically. Next, you go to your phone and download the app yaste, which is a remote control for Kodi. I think it's freemium software, so you can try it and buy extended features. This app lets you browse your media library on the PC, and start the movies and music on your PC OR YOUR PHONE. You can also download the whole files from your PC to your phone and watch them on the go. With the premium features you can even use your phone to stream content from your PC in the office to your TV in the living room (via Chromecast for example)

svengali

Post by svengali » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:21 pm

General info EventGhost_0.5.0-rc5, windows 7 ultimate, 64-bit and firewall+update turned off.
After initiating the batch file there's the line saying a window should popup. It does not.
When finished i guess the popup window had to do with the egplugin file so i did as i read one should do with those and doubleclicked on it. It did not do anything.
I moved it to eg's pluginfolder and doubleclicked. Again nothing.
I also read somewhere that it's basically an archive file so i used 7zip to unarchive it, it worked, deleted the info.py and kept the omega folder. Did this in eg plugin folder in both program files and program data.
Localhost after login just gives a spinning circle. I did not have the patience to wait and see if it ever would load the startpage.
Connecting over the lan from a windows 7 pro 32-bit worked when i logged in with a Chrome browser. So Firefox seems to be the culprit in earlier attempt.

The startpage is far from self explanatory. I couldn't figure out the simple task of the background picture function. The menu suggest it can be more pictures to choose from but how one would go about to find those other pictures beat me.

It obviously is a big and probably good work but i will sit this one out.

I also checked my old eg webserver page with only html and no javascript and it still works and looks simple, minimalistic and fast. I'll build on that.
Up to now i use Nexa and does not need bidirectional signals.

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:31 pm

Newbie Log:

I'm trying to register my PC as the OMEGA SERVER but this is my error message on boot as administrator.

Network Event Send and Receive disabled.
Web Server disabled.

Log File - Load Error - O-MEGA Plugin.txt
(17.91 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

The gist is it wants an O-MEGA Server. How may I do that within the web GUI? As that is the error being issued?

As for Kodi. I'm a MediaPortal vet. That's why i joined 8 or so yrs ago. The tech leapfrogged in less than a decade, now portable is the only way my Family will go. Electronics plugged in are a luxury for us. I have Digital and Antenna TV with Audio and Video streams, inFA and Insteon along with TerRemote and remotes for working the gadgets that are plugged in. The problem was, or currently is...the FAF (Family Acceptance Factor) is way too low for all the tinkering that needs to be done. Kids nor Wife have any desire to know how EPG data is generated or how the weather and schedules magically appear. So my quest to incorporate a do it all home website only available within certain networks hidden away from prying eyes. After I, we? Get this going, I will have a way to stream Audio/Video/Antenna/Security Eq. along with all the advantages of EG on the Backend! With infraRed going the way of the Dodo, flip to WiFi modules, then walk in door, attach to WiFi! All set to go! Latest updates...already done by me on SERVER. They just hit the bookmark and are looking at a custom template by User and Device maintained by me for concise and easy transport/backup on one machine for all devices. So Yeah, very MEGA Project. YAY!

Also, the buttons on webpage come back as undefined when the page is loaded in Browser.
I can't save from within browser.
Attachments
Device_Setting_2020-04-08 17_54_29-O-MEGA.png
Thanx,

Steve

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:03 am

svengali wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:21 pm
General info EventGhost_0.5.0-rc5, windows 7 ultimate, 64-bit and firewall+update turned off.
After initiating the batch file there's the line saying a window should popup. It does not.
When finished i guess the popup window had to do with the egplugin file so i did as i read one should do with those and doubleclicked on it. It did not do anything.
I'm sorry this didn't work for you so well, I think rc5 is a little buggy, I guess the plugin install feature didn't work there, probably some other things too (not sure if I tested with that version). I recommend rc4 or rc6.

Sounds like the basic things are setup just fine then.
The spinning cycle on your Firefox might be just a rare timing issue (I also get this sometimes, but as it's not reproducible it's hard to fix it), a reload of the page should do the trick.

I admit it's not very self explaining :lol:
To change the background picture you need to add the pictures to your webserver first. To do that, you go to the folder of the webserver files (%APPDATA%\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\web) there is a folder images and in that folder, there is a folder background. In that folder you need to copy whatever you like to be your background picture. After that, restart Eventghost and you can choose the new picture from the settings menu in the webinterface.

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:29 am

steve@rpad wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:31 pm
Newbie Log:

I'm trying to register my PC as the OMEGA SERVER but this is my error message on boot as administrator.

Network Event Send and Receive disabled.
Web Server disabled.

Log File - Load Error - O-MEGA Plugin.txt

The gist is it wants an O-MEGA Server. How may I do that within the web GUI? As that is the error being issued?
Also, the buttons on webpage come back as undefined when the page is loaded in Browser.
I can't save from within browser.
Hi Steve,
looks like the configuration is missing or busted. Is that from the PC that should be the server?
Has it always been looking like this for you?
What version of EG are you using?
Please try to reset your config to default. To do that, close EG, then navigate to %APPDATA%\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\web\config and delete all files in there. After that, start EG again. This should create new config files and EG should start with no errors, can you please try that and let me know?

Thank you!

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:03 pm

steve@rpad wrote:
As for Kodi. I'm a MediaPortal vet. That's why i joined 8 or so yrs ago. The tech leapfrogged in less than a decade, now portable is the only way my Family will go. Electronics plugged in are a luxury for us. I have Digital and Antenna TV with Audio and Video streams, inFA and Insteon along with TerRemote and remotes for working the gadgets that are plugged in. The problem was, or currently is...the FAF (Family Acceptance Factor) is way too low for all the tinkering that needs to be done. Kids nor Wife have any desire to know how EPG data is generated or how the weather and schedules magically appear. So my quest to incorporate a do it all home website only available within certain networks hidden away from prying eyes. After I, we? Get this going, I will have a way to stream Audio/Video/Antenna/Security Eq. along with all the advantages of EG on the Backend! With infraRed going the way of the Dodo, flip to WiFi modules, then walk in door, attach to WiFi! All set to go! Latest updates...already done by me on SERVER. They just hit the bookmark and are looking at a custom template by User and Device maintained by me for concise and easy transport/backup on one machine for all devices. So Yeah, very MEGA Project. YAY!
I see, fair enough :)

Well, I guess the features of the O-MEGA system can be quite useful to achieve this goal. One example: Even if something can't be done with it directly, it allows you to actually frame other web services in a page/bookmark inside the O-MEGA webpage. Of course this frame would have nothing to do with Eventghost still, but at least you have it all in one place and don't need to jump around between different web services. Let me know if you want to tell me how to set this up.
This should improve the FAF ;) Once things are setup, the WAF has proven to be quite high = my wife likes it / uses it :)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:07 am

steve@rpad wrote:
Sounds like my system kind of..

4 TV's
1 projector
security
6 color nigh vision 4K cameras
2 color night vision 2K PTZ cameras with 20X zoom
16 channel POE 4K NVR
38 light switches
2 door locks
HVAC
3 furnace filter sensors
2 sump pump sensors
4 flood sensors
5 remote controls
5 HTPC's
Central PVR
6 tuner HD Homerun prime
video game/movie/music server
temp/humidity sensors and IR Blasters and receivers in every room,
Raspberry PI with each of the TV's (for plugging in memory cards and also video game controllers)
5000VA battery backup with over sized batteries
Monster HTPC UPS
Monster Line conditioner
Harman Kardon AVR in the media room
2 Cell Phones

All of that stuff is managed by a single running copy of EventGhost. The TV's are able to have OSD's brought up on them to control the house. and also view the security cameras and live traffic video feeds. weather, latest news.
I am running MediaPortal well a variant of it. It has been modified to suit my needs.

I have tried Kodi in the past and the stability of it sucked. plugins would bonk heads with one another each time causing such a catastrophic failure it would require a reinstall of Kodi.
After a few times of that happening I gave up even bothering with it. It is not easily viewed on my 100" screen from 12 foot away as well.

Mediaportal does the trick for me. It took me a long while to get the video issues hammered out of it and to get the EPG all squared away with channel logo icons.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:07 pm

sem;

I haven't had a chance yet been busy with Family. I'll be to it in a bit. Interesting that forced quantinee has done nothing but increase the bonds of Family, sense of belonging and Team Work. Tragedy begets? idk...

kg;

Are you controlling HVAC thru off the shelf wireless thermostat replacement or are you connected to actual control strip on furnace? Reason I ask is that I have a GeoThermal Heating and Cooling System installed, to which I wanted to monitor two 40 AMP Fluid Pumps along with separate Fan and Heat Pump Control. Also? If you had a minute, know your very busy with all the shenanigans you get up to on here and elsewhere I'm sure! Could you describe the filter sensors you spoke of within your Home System? Connection Type , Sensor Type, Plug-In, Etc? Could you do 1 for a Humidifiers Filter? (Hard Water Calcium Build-Up) Curious. Would add it to the list of TTD.
Thanx,

Steve

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:49 pm

***removed***
off topic
Last edited by kgschlosser on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: off topic

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:47 pm

Now If you give me brand and model numbers of your HVAC gear I will tell you what we can do.

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Hey Guys, I have a new version for you!

v0.3.67

Changes:
- Some Bug fixes - may solve some problems you had with setting this up :)
- Added a simple user management and access control feature 8) - But don't think of it as a security feature! The security it provides is pretty low, the access control happens exclusively in the frontend, so everyone that knows how to use a web-debugger should be able to find his way around it.. However, for keeping your family members away from settings they should not mess arround with, it serves the purpose ;) additionally every account has it's own settings that can be configured - so things like UI language, background image, dashboards,mouse speed etc. are no global settings any more. Some of them are still dependant of the device you are using them with (as it also was before, for example every user can setup a different default view on each device he/she accesses the interface with) Oh and btw. a user is "logged on" as long as you change the user to a different one (or as long as you delete the data the website saves on your device)
- Added a new user setting to lock the dashboard (means you can't edit the dashboard anymore while the setting is ON)
- Made the configuration a little more robust
- The structure in the configuration menu changed a bit, the easiest approach would be to just delete your old config files in %APPDATA%\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\web\config. If someone is already using this and configured lots of buttons that should not get lost, please let me know and I'll create a patch for you ;)

Get it from the firt post!
To perform an update, just execute the install.bat again on the server. The clients will be automatically updated then (if you have any)

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:10 pm

Newbie Update, Sorry about the absence/delay, wife lost her job and is hogging server to do tax returns. I hopefully deleted all of the plugin's presence on my win10 pc which I'm using as my eventghost/webserver/omgserver. When I get some alone time with my pc, I will get back to it

Monday or so...."That's what she said" :D
Thanx,

Steve

steve@rpad

Post by steve@rpad » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Newbie Log: I think i'm over my head.

Win10 Pro 1909
Eg 0.5.0-rc6

I downloaded new version 0.3.67 unzipped to any directory, hit install, console window opens, I press any key to continue, answer y to is this O-MEGA Server PC question then console window closes. Nothing else happens. Plugin is not available for install within EG

As far as I got:
O-MEGA Project Installation Console Window.png
Thanx,

Steve

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi Steve,
Hmm, sorry to hear that, but I have an idea what could be the problem : can you try the attached install.bat? (just copy and paste over the old one in the extracted folder and run it)
Thank you!
Attachments
install.zip
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 12 times