Has Window.Resize action got a size limit ?

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
groovyclam

Has Window.Resize action got a size limit ?

Post by groovyclam » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi all. I've just started with EventGhost and am moving away from Girder 3 and thus recoding my home theatre Girder scripts/actions/events into EventGhost.

One problem I have come across is with the Window.Resize action. I want to resize the window of one Windows app to be bigger than the screen resolution to hide the window borders. My screen resolution is 1920x1080 and I want the window to start at X: -4 , Y: -23 and have dimension X: 1928 , Y: 1107.

The Window.Move action offscreen to -4,-23 happens fine in EventGhost. However the Window.Resize action will set X to 1928 ( as required ) but the Y height will only resize to a maximum of 1091 ( 16 pixels short ). Peculiarly this is still larger than the Y resolution of the desktop, but 16 pixels short of what I require.

Girder will resize the window as I wish. Has EventGhost got some sort of limit on the Window.Resize action ? Can this be fixed ?

This is all on Win 7 Home Premium 32bit.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Has Window.Resize action got a size limit ?

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:50 pm

How about this. You may like this option better.

How about we strip the border and the caption bar off the application and scale the window to the size of the display after doing that??

There is a FullScreen plug-in that will do this for you. Check in the Plugins thread you should be able to find it.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

groovyclam

Re: Has Window.Resize action got a size limit ?

Post by groovyclam » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:42 am

Wow!

I think I can make that work. It seems like I just need to be careful with making the oversized app minimised when it isn't in use so as not to interfere with the rendering and focus of other windowless apps I am using as well ( Meedio and ZoomPlayer ).

Great work. Many thanks.