MCE remote plugin on windows 10 only working run-as-admin

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
te36

MCE remote plugin on windows 10 only working run-as-admin

Post by te36 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:14 am

Been using EG forever on win 7 pro with MCE remote via AlternatMceIrService.
Now installed new Win 10 Pro system and can not get EG 0.4.1.r1722 to work:

1. "Microsoft MCE Remote - Vista/Win7"
Does not work at all in my setup, just gives error messages when trying to active AlterntiveMceIrService. But the EG ghost wiki MCE Remote FAQ page doesn't talk about it nor windows 10, so i assume this is not assumed to be the right option anyhow. Or is this supposed to be a working option for win 10 ?

2. "Microsoft MCE Remote"
Disable HID service for this remote, reboot works to disable HID service, with before and after doing this, EG will not receive/show any MCE remote events unless i start EG via "run as administrator". But account it set up as system administrator. Is this how its supposed to work ? How am i supposed to autostart EG to run as administrator ? If not, then what could i try ?

3. I managed to get some other program struggling with windows security and needing admin privileges to autostart with some horrible complex wrapper setup, but i can not even figure out how to NOT autostart EG without me doing anything. "Autostart EventGhost on system startup" is NOT selected in General Options, but EG still autostarts on every reboot.

Any help welcome!

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: MCE remote plugin on windows 10 only working run-as-admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:09 am

OK first thing is first. you need to upgrade to EventGhost 0.5. There is a very large number of issues with EG 0.4 and Windows 10.

Also. The MCE remote Vista Plugin is a Plugin. Even tho it is included in the installation of EG it is not going to be the most up to date version. Havee you upgraded the plugin at all?? The latest version can be obtained from HERE

You can also try following the steps outlined HERE

My suggestion would be to backup your EG save file. Uninstall the AlternateMCEIR service (will require reboot), Uninstall EG 0.4, follow the instructions in the link above. Then install EG 0.5. crate a nw empty config tree and save it. then download and install the latest version of the MCR Remote Vista plugin. Add th plugin to the empty config tree. In order to install the AlternateMCEIR service you will need to run EG as an Administrator. This only needs to be done when installing or uninstalling the service. DO NOT add the plugin while you have EG running as Administrator. Install the plugin. then save and close EG. then start EG up again with elevated privileges. You will most likely have to open the saved config tree. then you can open the plugin options and install the service.

Also... There is an issue with some MCE remotes with thm going to sleep before Windows gets th chance to fully install all of the drivers. So follow the instructions located HERE as well, this will reset thee installed drivers and ensure that the remote does not go to sleep. This has fixed a lot of users issues with the remotes.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:10 am

sorry about the typos. if you notice I am having an issue with the E key on my keyboard.

te36

Post by te36 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 am

1. Let me first try to understand the options:

Why do you recommend me to use the AltnerativeMceIrservice/"MCE Remote (Vista+)" plugin vs. the "MCE Remote" plugin ? What benefits do i get ? Is it "only"? the fact that i do not have to run EG as an administrator ? If not that, what then ?

I am asking, because this URL:

http://www.eventghost.net/mediawiki/ind ... Remote_FAQ

made it sound to me as if i can just use the MCE remote plugin and everything will be fine. Aka: i would NOT need to jump through hoops making EG autostart as admin so that it will work correctly with that plugin.

So: Is MCE remote supposed to work without running as admin ? If yes, then i would like to understand why its not doing this in my system. If instead it is only running as admin, then the wiki should be fixed so that readers will know what they would need to do to make the MCE remotework. I can see that this may be different under different versions of windows, and it may be even harder if the account itself is not administrator capable and if UAC is involved, yada yada, but at least start having the wiki say that there are challenges amounting to that, and hence the AlternateMceIrService.

So, for the time being, i upgraded to 0.5, and that one now allows me to correctly configure autostart via its menu. nice. I then used windows 10 "Task Scheduler" to schedule a task that is autostarting EG with elevated highest priviles after user login. Works like a charm, but the way that windows 10 obfuscates how to actually make programs run as administrator is horrenduous, so i wouldn't call this the easiest way to recommend to users. And its probably only working because i disabled UAC given how i had some other, non-EG based scripting issues where UAC shithit the fan.

2. MCE remote Vista+ plugin

I am confused, you wrote in your email " The MCE remote Vista Plugin is a Plugin. Even tho it is included in the installation of EG it is not going to be the most up to date version", but in your EG commit from Jun 12, 2017, you wrote "Upgrades MCE Remote Vista plugin to version 1.4. this updates includes fixes to the learn ir dialog not closing", and in the diff you upgraded the version number of the plugin to 1.1.4. But there is no update to the included .smi or .exe for the AlternateMceIrService binaries through your diff. So i wonder: are the binaries in this version the correct ones, or did you forgot to include the current ones ? Or... why the complex suggestions how to get a current version of the service installed. Confused ;-))

What i did so far was to try the "Install Service" button from the 0.5.0-rc6 Vista+ plugin, and that was working fine to install the service, and i saw the service running in win 10 services.msc. But i never saw any events from MCE key presses in EG (they where called MceRemote.Mce inmy win7 system), and the user interaction of the Vista+ plugin was also quite confusing. It didn't offer any "Ok" button (greyed out), but only "cancel".

So what am i seeing ? Was i running an old version of the AlternateMceIrService binary which is just not working on windows 10 but included in the latest github version of EG ? Or did i run into another issue with the service ? If its another issue, then i wonder what my options for troubleshooting are.

Thanks again.

Ps: no wrys abut yr kbd, as lng a i cn reait, imso hpy fr ur hlp ;-)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 pm

te36 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 am
made it sound to me as if i can just use the MCE remote plugin and everything will be fine. Aka: i would NOT need to jump through hoops making EG autostart as admin so that it will work correctly with that plugin.
OK there is no jumping through hoops. You do not have to autostart EG as an administrator. You only have to start it as an administrator a single time to install the AlternateMCEIRService. The link you provided for the MediaWiki is for directions to the MCE Remote plugin and not the MCE Vista+ plugin. the MCE Remote plugin does not have an alternateMCEIRSeervice. So you are referencing documentation for the wrong plugin.
te36 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:14 am
You are the one that stated that you were using the MCE Vista+ Remote plugin because you stated that you were using thee AlternateMCEIRService. Not I. the MCE Remote plugin is for Windows XP MCE remotes which use keyboard emulation, Starting with Windows Vista that system was depreciated and is not commonly used. (Unless you have an old remote for XP).

I am not the one that wrote the code for Windows 10. I am not the one that brought a plethora of changes that made things to be a pain to do. I am the one that has had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to make the various components of EG work properly with Windows 10. You can send an E-Mail to Microsoft and I am sure they will simply ignore it.

You cannot use the Task Scheduler to start EG. it will not run correctly. There are components of EG that require the Windows GUI to be loaded. Even if you have it set up to start EG at user login. EG can get started before the Windows GUI has fully loaded. This can cause phantom like problems.

as far as the plugin version is concerned.. You wrote
te36 wrote:
which means you were running eg 0.4 at the time. and EG 0.4 has not had an update to it in 3 years. so the MCE Vista+ plugin is going to be horribly out of date. we did upgrade the version of the plugin in EG 0.5 However once we move on to making a newer version of EG we will no longer update the plugins in EG 0.5 so it can become out of date once again.

As far as the funky setup process for the remote. with the pressing a key while it installs the drivers. You are just going to have to trust me on it. I know if sounds really goofy. but if you read other posts in that same thread you will see people commenting that it does in fact get rid of abnormal remote behavior including the remote not functioning at all. It took me almost 2 years to figure that out. I had the exact same problem you are having now. Everything was done and installed but no matter what I did I could not get any events in EG from pressing a button on the remote. Chances are you had the IR Receiver plugged in when you first booted Windows 10. because of the 50 other drivers Windows 10 was installing at that time the remote probably went to sleep. this is going to cause the drivers for the remote to not install 100%. Be glad that you have a solution if that is in fact the problem. I searched the internet for a very long time and never found a solution. I spent 100's of hours to be able to give you that solution.

All I am trying to do is help you. The links I gave you are for you to use to get a working remote in EG WITHOUT the need to Autostart it as an administrator. They outline each and every single step required to get the remote to work.

You can most likely skip the step with disabling the blocking of unsigned drivers. Tho I am going to tell you you should do it. There are still way to many drivers out there that are not signed for Windows 10. If you have a piece of hardware that does not have any available drivers for Windows 10. you can go ahead and install the Windows 8 ones. and they will appear to be working and you will get no errors. but the device will not function. Those directions are how you go about getting drivers that are not Windows 10 signed to work. and it does it without having any kind of a watermark on the lower right hand corner of your desktop. It is my recommendation that you do it to save yourself some aggravation in the future. But it is up to you.

te36

Post by te36 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Thank you, kgschlosser, inline
kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:20 pm
te36 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 am
OK there is no jumping through hoops. You do not have to autostart EG as an administrator. You only have to start it as an administrator a single time to install the AlternateMCEIRService. The link you provided for the MediaWiki is for directions to the MCE Remote plugin and not the MCE Vista+ plugin. the MCE Remote plugin does not have an alternateMCEIRSeervice. So you are referencing documentation for the wrong plugin.
My first question explicitly referred to the MCE Remote plugin, not the MCE Vista+ plugin. I am trying to first understand what is required to make the MCE Remote plugin work. Does it require administrator to run or not ? For me, it only works as Administrator on Windows 10. Does it work for others on WIndows 10 without Administrator ? Then i would like to figure out whats wrong on my system.

There is no wiki entry for the MCE Vista+ plugin AFAIK. Once i understand how all this stuff works, i would really love to fixup that wiki FAQ to explain whats the state of things for both plugins.

So, it would be really great if you could tell me whether the MCE remote plugin is expected to require admin privileges to run.
kgschlosser wrote:
te36 wrote:
You are the one that stated that you were using the MCE Vista+ Remote plugin because you stated that you were using thee AlternateMCEIRService. Not I. the MCE Remote plugin is for Windows XP MCE remotes which use keyboard emulation, Starting with Windows Vista that system was depreciated and is not commonly used. (Unless you have an old remote for XP).
I use the MCE Vista+ plugin on my windows 7 kodi system because the MCE Remote plugin does for me also require to start as admin, and it was easier to simply install the AlternateMCEIRService on windows 7 and then run EG without admin. That was just me explaining my history. For my new windows 10 system i am trying to figure out which plugin would work easisest.

Wrt. windows XP MCE remotes: Hah! this is getting more complex ;-)). Yes, i guess my remotes come from the time of windows XP. I do not even have the original remote anymore, just the code set on my logitech harmonies. But i am using an IR receiver i bought just a few years ago. So when i try with that receivers original (uncomfortable ;-) remote, then i do not get codes in EG from MCE Remote plugin. Only from the old XP remotes commands. Interesting. Before i disabled HID service i think i would have gotten from HID keyboard commands from both the old and the new remotes. what is this? RC5 on XP, RC6 on newer remotes ? And the IR receivers and the windows 10 MCE remote driver does support for RC5/RC6 as well as the HID module, but the MCE Remote plugin in EG only supports the RC5 ?? Could this be any more confusing ? ;-))

I only tried the XP RC5 remote when i had the AlternateMceIrService active. Maybe thats the reason why it didn't work ? Or is AlternateMceIrService also supporting the older XP remote command codes ?
kgschlosser wrote:
I am not the one that wrote the code for Windows 10. I am not the one that brought a plethora of changes that made things to be a pain to do. I am the one that has had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to make the various components of EG work properly with Windows 10. You can send an E-Mail to Microsoft and I am sure they will simply ignore it.
Indeed. Hope my questions don't sound offensive, thats far from what they are meant to be. Windows 10 looks to me like an improved version of windows 7 with some microsoft version of android dropped on top of it to mess everything up (win 8), and then beaten up with a hammer to make it work somewhat better (win 10).
kgschlosser wrote:
You cannot use the Task Scheduler to start EG. it will not run correctly. There are components of EG that require the Windows GUI to be loaded. Even if you have it set up to start EG at user login. EG can get started before the Windows GUI has fully loaded. This can cause phantom like problems.
Hah. I thought i had it running as admin from task scheduler, but you're right, it does not work, even though i can see in task manager that it's running elevated. Seems like yours is the explanation. *sigh*. But i totally don't understand this logic. I can also start kodi from task scheduler. How mure windows GUI than kodi would EG need ? Really strange.
kgschlosser wrote:
te36 wrote:
which means you were running eg 0.4 at the time. and EG 0.4 has not had an update to it in 3 years. so the MCE Vista+ plugin is going to be horribly out of date. we did upgrade the version of the plugin in EG 0.5 However once we move on to making a newer version of EG we will no longer update the plugins in EG 0.5 so it can become out of date once again.
;-) I think my xmbc system ran maybe 8 years on XP, then got a bit of an upgrade on win 7. I don't think i ever needed to upgrade EG in between.
kgschlosser wrote:
As far as the funky setup process for the remote. with the pressing a key while it installs the drivers. You are just going to have to trust me on it. I know if sounds really goofy. but if you read other posts in that same thread you will see people commenting that it does in fact get rid of abnormal remote behavior including the remote not functioning at all. It took me almost 2 years to figure that out. I had the exact same problem you are having now. Everything was done and installed but no matter what I did I could not get any events in EG from pressing a button on the remote. Chances are you had the IR Receiver plugged in when you first booted Windows 10. because of the 50 other drivers Windows 10 was installing at that time the remote probably went to sleep. this is going to cause the drivers for the remote to not install 100%. Be glad that you have a solution if that is in fact the problem. I searched the internet for a very long time and never found a solution. I spent 100's of hours to be able to give you that solution.
Ok, i'll take this into advise, but: The remote was not plugged into the system when it was installed. I do have two MCE remotes (old one from XP time and new one i mentioned above). In experimenting even with MCE Remote and admin, one time everything stopped to work, and i got it back to work with MCE Remote though uninstalling the driver and let it reinstall when re-plugging the IR receiver after reboot.

So, i'll see...
kgschlosser wrote:
All I am trying to do is help you. The links I gave you are for you to use to get a working remote in EG WITHOUT the need to Autostart it as an administrator. They outline each and every single step required to get the remote to work.
And help very much appreciated. I think the confusion comes from me first wanting to understand what exactly the deal is with the (old) MCE remote plugin, whereas you immediately jumped to explaining the MCE Vista+ plugin. I really want to understand if there is ANY way to get an autostarting system with just the MCE remote plugin. If it requires admin privileges, which it seems it require, then it looks to me as if there is no reasonable way to get an autostarting system.
kgschlosser wrote:
You can most likely skip the step with disabling the blocking of unsigned drivers. Tho I am going to tell you you should do it. There are still way to many drivers out there that are not signed for Windows 10. If you have a piece of hardware that does not have any available drivers for Windows 10. you can go ahead and install the Windows 8 ones. and they will appear to be working and you will get no errors. but the device will not function. Those directions are how you go about getting drivers that are not Windows 10 signed to work. and it does it without having any kind of a watermark on the lower right hand corner of your desktop. It is my recommendation that you do it to save yourself some aggravation in the future. But it is up to you.
Slow.. Where does a driver come into player ? The AlternateMceIrService itself is not a driver right, so the only driver is the driver for the IR receiver ??? I did not have to install any driver for the two MCE IR receiver is have. I just plugged in and they worked to the extend described. I wouldn't even know where to find drivers. I guess i can check out the USB IDs and search the internet for new drivers, but its unclear to me how to first figure out that the driver does not work perfectly and that instead the problem is instead in EG and AlternateMceIrService.

I'll go back and examine this all, but how do you think someone without this whole email thread should be getting an MCE remote to work with EG ? Can this not all be put accordingly into the "Install Service" script of the AlternateMceIrService ?

I had also asked a few questions where i think i am missing answers:
-> Are the latest versions of the AlternateMceIrService binaries (exe/msi) in the latest EG on github ? If not, why not ?
-> If i click on "Install Service" in MCE Vista+ plugin, everything looks fine, but i do not get an Ok button, only Cancel. Is this an indication that the Service is not running correctly, or that the MCE remote driver is not correctly installed, or what ???

te36

Post by te36 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Ok, tried to follow your instructions as good as possible:

uninstalled everything, removed driver, replugged IR receiver, etc. pp.
installed -rc6 EG. New empty tree, saved.
Installed MCE Vista+ plugin from URL you gave.

restart as administrator. Try to add MCE Vista+ to tree. Clicked on "Install Service".
log window reports service successfully installed. exit EG.

services.msc reports service to be running from service file in c:\ProgramData\Eventghost\...

restart EG without admin privilege. Still empty tree. Attempt to add MCE Vista+ plugin. Get same window with "Install service" / "uninstall service" button and on the bottom only "Cancel" button available, "OK" and "Apply" button greyed out.

So i can not add MCE Vista+ plugin to tree.

What now ?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:17 pm

OK there is a bug in EG 0.5.

ok so add a macro and in that macro add a python script action. and in that action paste the code below. then click on the apply button.

now leave the Python script dialog open

click on the tree and install the plugin. when you get the config dialog for the plugin open you are going to run the script by clicking on the test button in the python script dialog. this is going to make the OK button clickable.

Code: Select all

for dialog in eg.document.mainFrame.openDialogs:
    dialog.buttonRow.okButton.Enable(True)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:26 pm

also the service is already installed there is no need to do it a second time. so all you need to do is to click on the OK button when thee dialog opens.

The diference between the 2 MCE Remote plugins is the Vista + is made to work with Microsoft Vista and newer MCE remotes. and the other is for Windows XP MCE Rmotes. the XP MCE remotes use keyboard shortcuts to interact with Windows while the Vista+ uses actual IR codes to interact with Windows.

Do not worry about thee driver signing thing. If you have any old hardware that does not have drivers specifically made for Windows 10 you can disable thee driver signing and install drivers for Windows &, 8, or 8.1 and they will work. This is the reason I said may as well do it now because there is a good chance that this can happen. the biggest problem is when thee driver signing is enabled. Windows 10 will allow you to install an unsigned driver. you will get no errors. it will tell you the device is working fine., but when you try to use the device it will not work. You will tear your hair out trying to figure out the problem is. Trust me I know. took a long while to figure out what the problem was. Microsoft disabled the ability to install unsigned drivers in build 1607 of Windows 10. and they stated it was not disabled. the only way it would be disabled is if you did a fresh install of 1607 and it was not an upgrade. I guess they lied.

te36

Post by te36 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 am

Thanks, kgschlosser

a) Can you please tell me if the MCE Remote plugin is supposed to work without admin privilege, or if it will work only with admin privilege. For me, it only works with admin privilege.

b) I do not understand your explanation of the difference between MCE Remote and MCE Vista+ plugin. On my win 7 system, my remote does work with both the MCE Remote and the MCE Visa+ plugin. Only that i need admin privilege for the MCE Remote plugin, so it would be harder/impossible to autostart the MCE Remote. Hence i used the MCE Vista+ plugin. But: given how my remote works with both plugins, i don't understand your explanation. Is my remote an XP or a Vista+ remote ?

c) Its actually "eg.mainFrame" in your script. That did allow to install the MCE Vista+ plugin into the tree, and now its actually working. Great Success ;-)

te36

Post by te36 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:07 am

Still a problem left.

After reboot, the AlternateMceIrService seems to have problems, and it doesn't seem to be timing based.
Set EG so that it does not autostart. Reboot. Wait until everything is running. Start EG. Result:

Autostart
Plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote (Vista+)
MCE_Vista: Connected to MceIr pipe, started handling IR events
MceRemote.Connected

But no keypresses work.

Click on "restart" for AlternateMceIrService in services.msc, now EG does:

MCE_Vista: MceIr pipe is not available, app doesn't seem to be running
Will continue to try to connect to MceIr
Message = The system cannot find the file specified.
MceRemote.Disconnected
MCE_Vista: Connected to MceIr pipe, started handling IR events
MceRemote.Connected

And then it works.

*sigh* *sigh* *sigh*

te36

Post by te36 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:49 am

starting EG, AlternateMceIrService not running.
manually start AlternateMceIrService in services.msc.
Does not work.
Restarting it then and it does work.

Looks to me as if EG makes some mistake initializing the connection to the service...

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:36 am

open a command prompt as administrator and key in the following command. paste the output to a forum post

sc queryex AlternateMCEIrService
also run this command as well

sc qc AlternateMCEIrService
if you get an error then key in

sc query
and locate the name of the AlternateMCEIr service and use that in the above commands
I need the output for when it is not working. and for when it is.

te36

Post by te36 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 pm

Output appended, but there is no difference.
I experimented a bit more:

AlternateMceIrService has to be started a second time to work. Even if AlternateMceIrService is started first manually long after windows has booted. The only way i found for the service to work first time around is to unplug and replug the IR receiver.

Then i tried another model IR receiver, and that one works directly after bootstrap. So there is some compatibility problem between the IR receiver and AlternateMceIrService. This "problematic" IR receiver works fine after bootstrap with just the windows HID service (no EG/AlternateMceIrService running). Aka: it is possible to correctly initialize the IR receiver directly after bootstrap. Hence i am blaming AlternateMceIrService ;-)

Also tried to check with eventvwr. When AlternateMceIrService is autostarted on boot, i do see errors indicating that it can't find the IR. But when i manually start it later, i see no event log, but in both cases it does not work.

The problematic IR receiver is:
147a:e017 Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc. eHome Infrared Receiver (label: IR603)
looks like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Receiver-f ... 2793565178

The working old IR receiver is:
03ee:2501 Mitsumi eHome Infrared Receiver (from gateway)
looks like this: https://www.amazon.com/dell-ovu400307-m ... b005ai4xfa
(but with gateway label. ~ 2005 ?)

Both run on the Microsoft USBCIR driver 10.0.17134.1 of 6/21/2006 that seems to come default with windows 10.

If you google around, i think the problematic IR receiver is the one most often sold as MCE IR USR receiver, which makes it IMHO relevant to get this fixed.

What to do next ? Any hacky workaround, CLI command to kick the IR USB device to restart (emulate unplug/replug) ?
# Working
$ sc queryex AlternateMCEIrService

SERVICE_NAME: AlternateMCEIrService
TYPE : 10 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
STATE : 4 RUNNING
(STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0
PID : 10936
FLAGS :

$ sc qc AlternateMCEIrService
[SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote_Vista\AlternateMceIrService.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
TAG : 0
DISPLAY_NAME : AlternateMceIrService
DEPENDENCIES :
SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem
# Not Working:
$ sc queryex AlternateMCEIrService

STATE : 4 RUNNING
(STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
CHECKPOINT : 0x0
WAIT_HINT : 0x0
PID : 8800
FLAGS :

$ sc qc AlternateMCEIrService
[SC] QueryServiceConfig SUCCESS

START_TYPE : 2 AUTO_START
ERROR_CONTROL : 1 NORMAL
BINARY_PATH_NAME : C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote_Vista\AlternateMceIrService.exe
LOAD_ORDER_GROUP :
TAG : 0
DISPLAY_NAME : AlternateMceIrService
DEPENDENCIES :
SERVICE_START_NAME : LocalSystem

te36

Post by te36 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Btw: same behavior of this IR receiver on the old win7 computer (works only after second start of AlternateMceIrService).
Same microsoft driver of 6/21/2006, EG 0.4.1.r1582 and whatever version of the service that came with it.