Microsoft MCE Remote Vista

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Microsoft MCE Remote Vista

Post by Flyingsubs » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Has anyone gotten this to work on the new version of Eventghost? It can't seem to learn new commands and im not sure it can transmit anymore.

Thanks,
Flyingsubs

jachin99
Experienced User

Re: Microsoft MCE Remote Vista

Post by jachin99 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Yes, I have. Make sure your using the newest version of the plugin, and not the version that comes bundled with EG. The learning function is not a fast process, and I usually reboot between each learned code. If it is capturing the code, then freezing and not saving maybe take a picutre of the captured code with your phone so you can type it in. Before all of that though what device are you trying to capture codes for? If these codes already exist somewhere then you can make a script for them, and avoid the whole learning process. Have you installed the alt. MCE service, and can you verify it is running?

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Do you have a link to the latest version? I'm using an Ehome receiver that i got a long time ago with a dell computer. Do need the MCE plguin as well? When i have the Vista MCE plugin I install the service and that seems to be working. Where I get stuck is it receives the code but no text comes up. I think I need the latest version of the plugin and then we can go from there. Thanks!

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:48 am

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6044

It's linked at the top of that thread. Download the file and I believe it is in .eg format so double clicking it should do the trick. You don't need the mce plugin. What devices are you trying to control?

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Tue May 01, 2018 12:55 am

jachin99 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:48 am
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6044

It's linked at the top of that thread. Download the file and I believe it is in .eg format so double clicking it should do the trick. You don't need the mce plugin. What devices are you trying to control?

So I figured it out! Turns out my ehome device needs the IR Blaster connected to it. I was able to use an older version of the plug in and event ghost on another computer and was able to record the IR from it. The new version which i was able to find from the thread still doesn't work. It reads the frequency but then hangs and doesn't record the IR result or close the dialog. Not sure if anyone is having the issue. I am able to take what i recorded from the other computer and the transmit works perfectly. Just the record IR doesn't work. I wanted to have my keyboard control my LG AMP for volume. Thanks!

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:15 am

Glad ya figured out :D

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:32 am

Could you tell me which version of eg and the plugin worked?

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Tue May 01, 2018 6:31 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:32 am
Could you tell me which version of eg and the plugin worked?
Using 1.1.1 MCE Vista Plugin
Eventghost 0.4.1.r1722

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:18 am

Are you willing to participate in trying different versions of each and possibly sending some diagnostics info so that maybe the plugin can be improved?

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Wed May 02, 2018 2:44 am

jachin99 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:18 am
Are you willing to participate in trying different versions of each and possibly sending some diagnostics info so that maybe the plugin can be improved?
Absolutely! I can definitely help test. I can use the computer upstairs to test with. Its running Windows 10.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Thu May 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Alright, to start things off, let me know which versions of each of Windows, EG, and the plugin your working system is running. From here, lets upgrade EG to its newest version on both WIndows 10 & 7 if possible. To set this up on 10, you have to disable driver signing enforcement, and more about that can be found in this thread http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9785 Try running the newest version of EG with the working version of the plugin on each OS, and I'll ping the plugin's dev to see if he can take a look. I'm looking for a setup where the plugin can both capture, and emit IR blasts without errors. Ideally, we can get the plugin working with the newer version of EG because it is more capable. I would like to get this working on Win 7 because it is still popular, and WIn 10 because it is current. Does this sound like something you could do?

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Sat May 05, 2018 4:06 pm

jachin99 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:00 pm
Alright, to start things off, let me know which versions of each of Windows, EG, and the plugin your working system is running. From here, lets upgrade EG to its newest version on both WIndows 10 & 7 if possible. To set this up on 10, you have to disable driver signing enforcement, and more about that can be found in this thread http://eventghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9785 Try running the newest version of EG with the working version of the plugin on each OS, and I'll ping the plugin's dev to see if he can take a look. I'm looking for a setup where the plugin can both capture, and emit IR blasts without errors. Ideally, we can get the plugin working with the newer version of EG because it is more capable. I would like to get this working on Win 7 because it is still popular, and WIn 10 because it is current. Does this sound like something you could do?
I'm currently running Windows 10. I don't have a windows 7 version running unfortunately. I can disable diver signing enforcement. I'm going to save the plugin before I upgrade an then run that version first. I'm assuming if we get this working on 10 with the newest version of EG then windows 7 should be ok. When I test it, what results do you want me to share?

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Sun May 06, 2018 4:42 pm

No worries, I run WIn 7 almost exclusively so I can try things for that. You have the plugin capturing, and sending commands using MCE Vista Plugin 1.1.1 and EG .4.1.r1722 on Windows 10, correct? If so, then make sure you can roll back to your working configuration and updgrade EG to .5.0rc4, if you haven't tried this combination already and see if that can capture, and send commands.

Flyingsubs
Experienced User

Post by Flyingsubs » Mon May 07, 2018 3:40 am

So I tested it with the new version and it works just like the old version. I'm on 1.1.1 of the plugin and the latest beta release of Eventghost RC4. Should I upgrade the plugin and perform the test again?

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Yea, I would say go ahead and do that as long as you can roll back to a working configuration if things don't work out. I don't want to break anything in this process. Its good there is a working version of the newest version of EG on the newest version of WIndows. Thanks for the help. :D