Add new function to "Run Application" action?

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
stevep

Add new function to "Run Application" action?

Post by stevep » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:02 am

I notice the "Run Application" action has the ability to "wait until application is terminated before processing" and the ability to "trigger event when application is terminated." Can the same actions be added for when an application has finished starting? This would be "wait until application has finished starting before proceeding" and "trigger event when application has finished starting."

Thanks,
Steve

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Add new function to "Run Application" action?

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:43 pm

well here is the complexities of this.

when you run an "application" and not a batch file from the command line. most times the application will launch and you will be returned back to a prompt. this would be taken as the application has started. so you could use the wait until application has finished or the trigger event as a means of knowing when it has finished starting. but because of this same thing there is no way to know if you have closed the application outside of using a plugin like the Task Monitor+ plugin. Now if you run a batch file then you will only be able to know when the batch file has ended and not that it has started.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

stevep

Post by stevep » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:34 pm

Ok. Thanks for letting me know.

With the Task Monitor plugin, does the logged event "Task.Activated.firefox" that occurs after the action "Run Application: firefox.exe" mean that firefox is completely up and running?

Thanks very much,
Steve

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:15 pm

This is the plugin you want to be using

viewtopic.php?p=47893#p47893
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image