The O-MEGA Project

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Re: The O-MEGA Project

Post by Sem;colon » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:07 am

For everyone that bookmarked this topic, change your bookmarks to this one: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=10556#p55732
Btw. There is a new version ;)
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

rchham

Post by rchham » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi,
I installed the plugin without any errors. I can also load it into EG without any errors.
When I try to open the webpage it hangs and cannot be loaded.
I have the following errors in EG:

13:32:40 O-MEGA: Web-request failed - method: getUserSettings args: [u'default', u'all'] kwargs: {}
13:32:40 Traceback (most recent call last):
13:32:40 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\__init__.py", line 2859, in ExecuteWebFunction
13:32:40 result = self.registeredWebFunctions[methodName](*args, **kwargs)
13:32:40 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\O-MEGA\__init__.py", line 1795, in getUserSettings
13:32:40 return self.userSettings[user]
13:32:40 KeyError: u'default'

Any idea why it does not work.
Do not wonder about the path. I run everything under programs.

Many thanks in advance

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Hi rchham,

I'd recommend you to keep the plugin in its default location, as otherwise you could get problems with the upgrade to a newer version in the future.. however, that's not related to your issue here.
I think you just found another bug, thanks for reporting! :)

Try to replace the __init__.py of the plugin with the attached one - this should fix the issue (didn't test it though)
Let me know if it works!

P.S. please post your question in the new O-MEGA sub-forum next time ;)
Attachments
__init__.py
v0.5.10
(319.35 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

rchham

Post by rchham » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:26 am

Hi Sem;colon,

your fix works fine for me. I am playing with the webpages now.
I do not get what is the best setup for an overview page. Is it the plan to use the main menu as overview?
If so I do not get the payload values (sensors) displayed there. I only get them shown on their pages.
For me something like the main menu (table) with active buttons would fit best.
Do you have any advise how this could be done best?

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:25 pm

I'm happy the fix works, I'll soon post a Bugfix Release then ;)

The main menu (at the left side) is a pure navigation menu, it can't hold any values. The states that are delayed there are cumulated from all states of buttons per page (if any button on a page would be "[on]" the whole page is displayed as "[on]")
That is to get a quick (administrative) overview without actually opening the page. This would not work with values as they can basically be anything, so how should the system know what to display in the overview when there are multiple values on a page.

In general pages are designed to serve the purpose of a category. Let's say you have a page "Lights" containing buttons for all lights in your house, you would quickly see
in the main menu if any light is on without the need to open the page.

For a general overview over your view/room I would use a dashboard; there's one dashboard per view per user. Every user can easily customize its dashboards. Dashboards can hold likes to pages (so you can use it for navigation), and actions (so you can execute your favorite features from there directly without the need to navigate anywhere)
You can also link your sensor "button" there to have some value displayed in that overview.

EDIT: If you want an overview over everything, I'd also go from a dashboard for the admin view or another view you created that consists of all items you want to be displayed.

If you want an overview over just all your sensor data, I would put them all on one page.
Btw. You can link buttons on multiple pages, so the same(! Not a copy !) button you configure on page 1 would be on page 2.

If you have problems setting this up, let me know :)