Broadlink plugin - test version

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
Medy
Experienced User

Re: Broadlink plugin - test version

Post by Medy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm

*Roma* wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:36 pm
When the plugin will be ready - I will happy to test :)
Good news ... Im very close to a stable version ... thx to help from the library developers ...
Im pretty sure that this will work now.

Going through all the erros myself ... with no documentation .. I got a good understanding what is going on now ....

Basicly if your device has a old fimware preinstalled and you didnt update it.... you do not fall victim to the authentication stuff since that got introduced in later firmware ....

Now I will have to adjust things accordingly ... I could create 2 different plugins ... or I create 1 which switches and works for both older an newer ....

which might be risky ...

Anyway this is just thinking ahead for years to come ....
I will upload smth that works for "now" once I have this last tiny issue fixed ....

Will be a version that works for the rm3 mini and rm pro plus ;)
Will have smth to test in the coming week I think

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:04 pm

*Roma* wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:59 am
Ok, thanks.
RM 3 MINI AND RM PRO PLUS work now .... ....

Stay tuned friend its coming ...

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:38 pm

It really sounds like you're creating a nice pics of work here!
Makes me considering getting one of these devices ;)
The main thing keeping me from doing this is basically.. there's no broadlink device that supports attaching an external IR blaster, is there? :?
(Some devices I would like to control with it are inside a closed cabinet)
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:19 pm

Sem;colon wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:38 pm
It really sounds like you're creating a nice pics of work here!
Makes me considering getting one of these devices ;)
The main thing keeping me from doing this is basically.. there's no broadlink device that supports attaching an external IR blaster, is there? :?
(Some devices I would like to control with it are inside a closed cabinet)
multi-device setup was requested ... and that should be no problem to add ... if you could get a couple rm3 minis.. they are relatively cheap .... 15 - 20 bucks if you find them at the right spot ...

Edit : Will probably add the rm 3 mini compatibility to the plugin this weekend .... I usually code on the weekends ...

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:03 pm

Medy wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 am
*Roma* wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:36 pm
When the plugin will be ready - I will happy to test :)
Greetings ... I uploaded a new version 0.5 to my google drive

You can test that one... make sure to delete the previous stuff ... like mentioned in the readme ;)

if it prints that "Locked = False" it should work out of the box

otherwise I included manual setup plugin action ... or easier there is a option inside the latest broadlink app where you can go to your
device and disable the lock ... then it should work too ;) ... though if it doesnt definitly try the manual setup.

Ideally, it also prints that your dev-type is (0x5f36) ... which is the same model as mine ... so if that the case ... it should totally work like it does for me :D...

but let me know what happens on your end ...
Everything regarding authentication is sorted out ... so im pretty sure I can solve anything else that pops up quickly ...

If this is hopefully working on yoru end as well ... I can finalize and add multi device setup for @Semicolon ...

*Roma*

Post by *Roma* » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi,

I get the following message when I run the new plugin:

Code: Select all

Searching Device in your Network... please wait
!!! NO DEVICE FOUND !!!
Make sure device is added to your Network via Offical App Setup / Manual Setup
Broadlink.Discovery.Failed
Currently only Rm Pro Plus & Rm 3 Mini supported
When i switch to old one - it finds my device without problem.

Thanks
Roman

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:43 pm

*Roma* wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:34 pm
Hi,

I get the following message when I run the new plugin:

!!! NO DEVICE FOUND !!!
Make sure device is added to your Network via Offical App Setup / Manual Setup
Broadlink.Discovery.Failed
Currently only Rm Pro Plus & Rm 3 Mini supported
When i switch to old one - it finds my device without problem.

Thanks
Roman
I updated stuff adding increased timeout . download again ...

Also make sure the device isnt placed to close to a router or smth ...

Also restart eventghost and try a couple times just to be sure ... discovery should work... hmmm

*Roma*

Post by *Roma* » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm

Downloaded again...
I getting the same message, tried many times.

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:17 pm

*Roma* wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm
Downloaded again...
I getting the same message, tried many times.
1.Factory reset again

A. do the setup via the offical app completly
but then Go to the devices settings in the app and disable the lock setting - try if plugin finds your device

B. Do the manual setup if that didnt work .... there is a new plugin action .. you can read the the steps there ....

Im testing this on a different pc myself as well now .

Edit : You coud also try to unplug and replug your broadlink device so it reboots.

*Roma*

Post by *Roma* » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:30 pm

1.Factory reset again

A. do the setup via the offical app completly
but then Go to the devices settings in the app and disable the lock setting - try if plugin finds your device

B. Do the manual setup if that didnt work .... there is a new plugin action .. you can read the the steps there ....

Im testing this on a different pc myself as well now .

Edit : You coud also try to unplug and replug your broadlink device so it reboots.
Done - without success.

As I mentioned before - when I replace the plugin with the old one - it's finds the device.

george tirebuyer
Experienced User

Post by george tirebuyer » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:32 pm

I'm getting this error when I try to install the plug in. There only 2 files in the site packages directory. I'm trying to get the RM3 mini to work.

11:20:43 AM C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\Broadlink\broadlink\__init__.py:13: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python core team. Support for it is now deprecated in cryptography, and will be removed in a future release.
11:20:43 AM from cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers import Cipher, algorithms, modes

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:49 pm

george tirebuyer wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:32 pm
I'm getting this error when I try to install the plug in. There only 2 files in the site packages directory. I'm trying to get the RM3 mini to work.

11:20:43 AM C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\Broadlink\broadlink\__init__.py:13: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python core team. Support for it is now deprecated in cryptography, and will be removed in a future release.
11:20:43 AM from cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers import Cipher, algorithms, modes

I just did the setup on a fresh new system ...
and it gave me the error no module named_cffi_backend.pyd ... maybe that is part of your error message ...

you just need to move the cffi_backend.pyd file it into the eventghost / lib27 / site packages folder...

You can download it from my google drive (I just pasted it into the v.0.5 folder under site packages)...

THe first error is just a warning ... you can ignore it

11:20:43 AM   C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\Broadlink\broadlink\__init__.py:13: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python core team. Support for it is now deprecated in cryptography, and will be removed in a future release.
the second one though you didnt copy compleetly right ? I would need to see the rest if the thing with the file I mentioned didnt fix it.

if @Semicolon you read this by chance... the file in question is a .pyd .. maybe this has smth todo with eventghost not loading the file from Program data folder ?

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:13 pm

*Roma* wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:30 pm

Edit : You coud also try to unplug and replug your broadlink device so it reboots.[/code]
Done - without success.

As I mentioned before - when I replace the plugin with the old one - it's finds the device.

Idk man ... I just tested this with a fresh system ... works like a charm ... except it gave me the error with no module named cifi_backend. which we already moved in your case ... for me it works.... on 2 different pcs

The only thing that comes to mind being different on your end ... is you not having python installed separately like I do ...

But that doesnt make sense to me atm ... so I would need more testers now...

george tirebuyer
Experienced User

Post by george tirebuyer » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:14 pm

This is copied directly from the log. It appears when I click on add plugin.

12:10:11 PM C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\Broadlink\broadlink\__init__.py:13: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python core team. Support for it is now deprecated in cryptography, and will be removed in a future release.
12:10:11 PM from cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers import Cipher, algorithms, modes

Medy
Experienced User

Post by Medy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:20 pm

george tirebuyer wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:14 pm
This is copied directly from the log. It appears when I click on add plugin.

12:10:11 PM C:\ProgramData\EventGhost\plugins\Broadlink\broadlink\__init__.py:13: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Python 2 is no longer supported by the Python core team. Support for it is now deprecated in cryptography, and will be removed in a future release.
12:10:11 PM from cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers import Cipher, algorithms, modes

You can ignore it ... I have the same message .. will remove it at some point... does it find your device ?

it should print smth like this

Model : RM mini 3
Device Network Adress : ('192.168.1.112', 80)
Dev-Type : 0x5f36
Locked :False

if it did you can add the plug action
> Learn IR

1.Then it should prompt you to send your ir signal immediatly ... you can then press cancel .. after your signal got recorded
2. Then you can add the > Send IR Plugin action .... and you can selct the command you just recorded .. and send it by clicking on test

I will make some screenshots .... so its easier to see ... give me a sec ;)
Last edited by Medy on Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.