Pulse-Eight CEC +

Questions and comments specific to a particular plugin should go here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Pulse-Eight CEC +

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:05 am

well I have some good new and some bad news. I added what I think is a deck state callback to the libCEC dll. and It compiles successfully with making the python interface.

The bad news is I do not have a BD player or anything that uses CEC that is some kind of a media player. So I have no way to test it. LOL
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

nYce

Post by nYce » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:42 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:05 am
well I have some good new and some bad news. I added what I think is a deck state callback to the libCEC dll. and It compiles successfully with making the python interface.

The bad news is I do not have a BD player or anything that uses CEC that is some kind of a media player. So I have no way to test it. LOL
I also dont have a BD player. Just the PC connected. :/

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:06 pm

I have an avr if that counts.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 am

AVR will help when testing the volume stuff. I have added a few things to libCEC. so the version that is going to be shipped with the plugin is not going to be supported by Pulse-Eight. I have added a few extras. I am still trying to work out the tuner crap. I can't seem to locate any protocol specification for cec. it's actually quite aggravating.

nYce

Post by nYce » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 am

kgschlosser wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:58 am
AVR will help when testing the volume stuff. I have added a few things to libCEC. so the version that is going to be shipped with the plugin is not going to be supported by Pulse-Eight. I have added a few extras. I am still trying to work out the tuner crap. I can't seem to locate any protocol specification for cec. it's actually quite aggravating.
Any news?
If you get a first version ready, we can maybe help you to find some bugs :)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:58 pm

OK i just finished adding a bunch of things to libCEC It compiles without issue, I do not know if it is going to work ok or not.

But i added these new features to it

set the OSD Name for the PulseEight cec device
getting a players mode
setting a players mode
events for a players mode
if you configure libcec to make the cec adapter act like a player and you receive commands from another device to change the mode. you will get events for this as well

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:55 pm

OK so here is the deal.

I am testing out libCEC as best as i can and it seems to be going well. I did find out a few things. first is Vendor RC codes. this seems to be the ticket to getting a good portion of remote control buttons working, But the debugging information has to be logged and the hex codes analyzed to get the vendor RC codes out of them. then i can start adding the codes to the plugin. I have to do a few errands today as well as get another set of battery for my remote. I hope to have a test version of the plugin possibly by tomorrow. we will see. depends on how my day goes and how fast I manage to get my house projects finished up.

nYce

Post by nYce » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:54 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:55 pm
OK so here is the deal.

I am testing out libCEC as best as i can and it seems to be going well. I did find out a few things. first is Vendor RC codes. this seems to be the ticket to getting a good portion of remote control buttons working, But the debugging information has to be logged and the hex codes analyzed to get the vendor RC codes out of them. then i can start adding the codes to the plugin. I have to do a few errands today as well as get another set of battery for my remote. I hope to have a test version of the plugin possibly by tomorrow. we will see. depends on how my day goes and how fast I manage to get my house projects finished up.
Maybe its possible to just send the raw hex code on each button press as remote? (if it changes for every vendor?)..

Then we can help you test and send you what every hex-code on our remotes mean.. or we dont even need it, since we can map all wanted actions on these raw inputs.

Prob. i just didnt understand what you meant, looking forward to get a first test version :)

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Putting this here in case it helps. http://www.cec-o-matic.com/ I'm not sure if it applies but at the bottom of that page it says "Tool based on HDMI-CEC specification Version 1.3a,"

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:11 am

CEC-O-MATIC does not show the vendor codes.

And to be honest with how the CEC protocol works who knows how long the hex codes could be. It all depends on what the vendor set up. It is going to be a hit or miss on what vendors we are able to get the codes from and what vendors we are not. If they implemented some kind of a special op code to send the codes between only their devices I do not know if libCEC will display that data. I may be able to alter the code to show it if it doesn't

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 am

I am running through some prelims on the testing of the new plugin. So maybe another day or so. I had a real bear of a time with the plugin config dialog. This was because of the added features and it being way to much to try and squish onto a single line. So i had to make a semi custom control to handle multiple adapters and having 17 options per adapter

nYce

Post by nYce » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:26 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:14 am
I am running through some prelims on the testing of the new plugin. So maybe another day or so. I had a real bear of a time with the plugin config dialog. This was because of the added features and it being way to much to try and squish onto a single line. So i had to make a semi custom control to handle multiple adapters and having 17 options per adapter
Sure, take your time

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:04 pm

Kevin, I just got a 2X1 HDMI splitter as part of a failed experiment. What do you suppose would happen if I used my pulse eight on the TV side of that splitter? I'm thinking it wont see events from the stereo but that has web control anyway. I might have to try this out.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:21 pm

the splitter has to be designed as a CEC hub or pass through. otherwise it will not work.

arabesc

Post by arabesc » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:06 pm

kgschlosser wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:21 pm
With my extensive reading on this really ass backwards non standard protocol i have discovered a few things that i can do.

change the device type the cec adapter acts like.
Is it possible to set the CEC adapter as an AVR device to be able to control volume?