Ad blocker detected:
Our software and support is 100% free. This website is not.
You can donate in 2 ways, by turning off your ad blocker or by pressing the Donate button.
************ NOTICE ************
UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS!!!
We have an issue that there is no way around as of yet.
I have done all I can to try and prevent this from happening.
We are going to be losing the .com, .org and .de domains.
We have not been able to contact the original author of EventGhost
(the person that owns those domains) to redirect them to the new web server.
I set in motion when we first moved a redirection from the old server to the new server.
I also put in markers so that search engines would see this change and update any pointers
they have. We still have the .net domain for the production site. and the .rocks for the test site.
For the past few months you have been getting redirected to the .net site if you used one of the 3
domains mentioned above. I just wanted to tell everyone so they can make any changes needed.
Particularly for users of Windows 8 !
Do not install the latest drivers from the website Prolific !
It does not work !
It is necessary to use older drivers that support ("fake") chip PL-2303HX.
There are three types of boards:
ICSE012A - 4 channels
ICSE013A - 2 channels
ICSE014A - 8 channels
It is possible to buy these boards preferably also through the eBay (free shipping may be).
These boards are actually very cheap, but you must reckon with some drawbacks as well:
1. After powering up (connection to USB port) all relays are switched ON.
2. There is absolutely no feedback. We can not read the status of each channel. Plugin has to maintain a "picture" of the state in its memory.
3. There is no command to reset boards.
4. The type of board can be read only once during the initialization (after powering up). Then it is impossible to read anything.
5. The boards have no serial number. Operating system can not distinguish between the two "identical" boards (actually it can be completely different device that uses a Prolific chip). The operating system assigns a port number based on the USB port.
Pako, thanks so much for sharing this plug-in and explaining all of the devices faults. I'm using it successfully with an inexpensiveMETechs drapery controller. For anyone looking for the older Prolific driver, there's a good article here.