Could someone make Desktop Remote fullly transparent?

Got a good idea? You can suggest new features here.
Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Could someone make Desktop Remote fullly transparent?

Post by Neytrino-OnLine » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:25 am

So, not only I use my computer so I try to make EG-part of it - more friendly for other users... I use Desktop Remote for this, now it looks like this:
(Power management) It can be better, I think...
But the transparency (aka Aero) is back in Windows 10 CU, but unfortunately I cannot use translucent images for constructioning of Desktop Remotes (to make them similar to the system interface)...
So, could someone make Desktop Remote background fullly transparent..?
Sin©erely yours, Neytrino.

topix
Experienced User

Re: Could someone make Desktop Remote fullly transparent?

Post by topix » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Ok, here you have it. Hope that's what you wanted: set transparency for the frame when creating a DesktopRemote or with a new Action 'SetTransparency".

After adding the plugin you need to restart EG.
Attachments
DesktopRemote_1_1_0.egplugin
(5.92 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Post by Neytrino-OnLine » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:59 am

topix,thanks for your response, you have added very interesting option, but I meant a slightly diferent thing:
You see, if I remove the image from the button "X" - it will look like this....
This gray button with borders... If all this could be transparent, but not the image (that I use in this button), then I could control transparency of the button - changing transparency of the image (in the graphic editor)...
Also, as You did: is it possible - to make individual management of transparency of each button (to make all remote translucent and some buttons opaque)?
And one more wish: could You add a option - to make transposition to "Start new line" (it could be usefull, in certain cases).?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:36 pm

not that easy to do. I have been working on something like this myself and I have still yet to figure out a way around it. but the default color for a window is gray so what happens if you don't adjust the whole window and you go after single item colors when you start to make the color transparent the gray bleeds in.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Neytrino-OnLine
Experienced User

Post by Neytrino-OnLine » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:02 pm

kgschlosser wrote:so what happens if you don't adjust the whole window and you go after single item colors when you start to make the color transparent the gray bleeds in.
I am not sure that I completely understand what you tried to tell, sorry... It looks like this:

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:35 am

changing the text and icon transparency differently then the transparency of the "black" area from what I have found thus far produces undesirable results.

This is because by default Windows draws the initial square as gray. this gets drawn over with black. at this point you cannot see the gray. so if you make the black transparent separately from the text and icons and what have you the gray will then bleed through. making an ugly mess. but if you make the whole thing transparent it also makes the gray transparent at the same time. thus you do not get any bleed through. I am going to mess around with it some more to see if there might be a way. for some reason i remember doing something a long while ago that worked but for the life of me i can't remember what it was.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:23 am

OK so scratch that last post. I just did it. It's quite the dirty hack but it works. and I will say it looks beautiful!!

I will work with topix on this and hand him the code if he wants to add it to the plugin.