Help configuring EG to send IR commands in Windows 7 MCE

Got a good idea? You can suggest new features here.
cmillercsw

Help configuring EG to send IR commands in Windows 7 MCE

Post by cmillercsw » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:12 pm

I have a Dish VIP 211K receiver that updates its software (not Program Guide) at 3am every night then "goes to sleep" with the Dish Logo dancing around the screen. There is a message on the screensaver logo saying "Your Receiver is currently off. Press Select to watch TV." I have to physically pick up the Dish Remote and press the "SAT" mode button for the Receiver to Power up. Otherwise, since the receiver is still off - my Windows 7 MCE with IR Blaster will record an entire movie with nothing but the Dish Logo dancing around the screen! How annoying!

I would like to know if I can somehow get EventGhost to send the same IR Code as the "SAT" mode button on the Dish Remote, automatically at 3:58am each morning to "Wake UP" the receiver for any programmed recordings that day. Every time I go out of town, no one is around to press the Remote buttons to wake up the receiver and all my recordings are blank. (Well, blank in the sense that it only shows the dancing logo).

If EventGhost can send codes by itself automatically everyday, or Windows Task Scheduler could be set up with EventGhost command line to do this, it would be great. Windows 7 MCE (Media Center Edition) does a great job of changing channels and recording as long as the receiver is not asleep.

I am leaving town for 10 days in a couple of days, and would like to have this installed and running ASAP, so I can test it.

CAN ANYONE THAT IS A GURU AT THIS TELL ME HOW I CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN?

Thanks in advance,
cmillercsw

gadjetfreak

Re: Help configuring EG to send IR commands in Windows 7 MCE

Post by gadjetfreak » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:21 am

Ever figure out how to do this I am trying to do something similar

Sem;colon
Experienced User

Re: Help configuring EG to send IR commands in Windows 7 MCE

Post by Sem;colon » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:59 pm

Do you know this plugin?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6044