REQ: display settings - toggle HDR mode (nvidia)

Got a good idea? You can suggest new features here.
vuego
Experienced User

Re: REQ: display settings - toggle HDR mode (nvidia)

Post by vuego » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Could this plugin also be used to toggle Nvidia's Stereoscopic 3D setting? Currently I have to manually enable this setting every time I play a 3D Blu-ray and then disable it manually when finished.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: REQ: display settings - toggle HDR mode (nvidia)

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:58 am

I am still crunching away on it. I have the majority of the ATI done and tested I have most of the NVIDIA written, I do not own an NVIDIA card so I m not able to test it to see if it works. I have all of the low level DDC\CI (Display Data Channel Command Interface) all written and tested. I also have all of the windows specific bits written and tested. I have to put them all together into a single package write a common API for the NVIDIA and the ATI then write all of the front end BS for it. One of the things I want to be able to do with this plugin is to be able to set the overscan and underscan programmatically. Different resolutions are going to show up a tad differently with respect to the overscan and underscan settings. I also want to get back the bezel compensation that was removed by ati from their driver. well it wasn't fully removed. it is now only available if you use Eyefinity which is not something that I use.

With ATI the ability to adjust overclock settings exists and this is a wicked thing to be able to do because I can monitor card temperatures I am able to adjust the voltages and clock speeds based on the GPU's temperature. So if the GPU 's temperature starts climbing even tho the fans are running full tilt adjustments can be made to throttle back the card to stabilize the temperature This will maximize what the card can do depending on what you are doing.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image