Context menu entry for EG?

Got a good idea? You can suggest new features here.
jachin99
Experienced User

Context menu entry for EG?

Post by jachin99 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:31 pm

Does anyone see the need for a windows explorer context menu entry for EventGhost? I just figured out how to add windows commands to the context menu, and I know EG does have some command line functionality built in. Off of the top of my head, I'm thinking it might be useful to right click some script, and edit it or add it to eventghost autostart. I'm not thinking a full blown IDE but if I remember correctly EG has some kind of text editing ability and i could see where it would be useful to right click and edit a script in EventGhost. Of course we could stick some other EG related functionality in the context menu also but that was my idea.

topix
Experienced User

Re: Context menu entry for EG?

Post by topix » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:11 am

How about making it a plugin? The user can select which functions are added to the context menu and also add own shortcuts to programs. Maybe it would also be possible to add shortcuts to macros that would get executed.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:54 pm

ya know what would be cool. if you could right click on the file and be able to create a macro in EG to monitor the file for any changes.
I am trying to think of some other uses that EG could be used from a context menu.

I do like the running of a script idea But it needs to be taken one step further. but that would require altering the EventGhost/PythonScript action to allow for importing and exporting of script files. But if you could right click on the script to import it into EG that would be pretty handy.

Do you know if there is a way to dynamically change the menu contents based on information gotten from EG?. example. if the script has been imported and you now want to remove it the add script should be grayed out and the remove should be lit.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Maybe we can create dynamic context menu entries. I read some on MSDN I think, and I found this snippet but i don't entriely understand it. From: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx. I

Getting Dynamic Behavior for Static Verbs by Using Advanced Query Syntax
Advanced Query Syntax (AQS) can express a condition that will be evaluated using properties from the item that the verb is being instantiated for. This system works only with fast properties. These are properties that the Shell data source reports as fast by not returning SHCOLSTATE_SLOW from IShellFolder2::GetDefaultColumnState.
Windows 7 and later support canonical values that avoid problems on localized builds. The following canonical syntax is required on localized builds to take advantage of this Windows 7 enhancement.
System.StructuredQueryType.Boolean#True
In the following example registry entry:
The AppliesTo value controls whether the verb is displayed or hidden.
The DefaultAppliesTo value controls which verb is the default.
The HasLUAShield value controls whether a User Account Control (UAC) shield is displayed.
In this example the DefaultAppliesTo value makes this verb the default for any file with the word "exampleText1" in its file name. The AppliesTo value enables the verb for any file with "exampleText1" in the name. The HasLUAShield value displays the shield for files with "exampleText2" in the name.

jachin99
Experienced User

Post by jachin99 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:44 pm

How about right clicking a device in device manager and adding it to autostart via generic HID? I use about fifteen different controllers I use for my living room PC, and re-adding all of the input devices to EG can be a pain when something goes wrong.