Download & Changelog

Support for the O-MEGA Project plugin
Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Download & Changelog

Post by Sem;colon » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:05 pm

Here you can always find the latest download of the O-MEGA project EventGhost plugin.
This installer can be used to perform a fresh install or an update of an existing installation.
Your old configuration will not be deleted when you update.
Don't forget to clear your browser cache after the update from an older version!

If you find a bug or need support, please don't hesitate to create a new topic for it on the page one level up.

Prerequisites:
- A PC running EventGhost v0.5 or later (don't forget to install the latest patch! viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10266&start=45#p56089)
- Some spare time

How to install:
1. Download the latest O-MEGA.zip file attached to this post (one is enough)
2. Extract it's complete content to any folder
3. Run the file "install.bat" in that folder
4. Follow the instructions in the console window
5. After the setup is done, you need to add the O-MEGA plugin to your Eventghost configuration (it'll be in the list of available plugins) - watch the Eventghost log while you do that, as there are some prerequisites for your Eventghost tree (e.g. you need to have the SchedulGhost plugin first in your configuration on your server PC)
6. Configure the O-MEGA plugin. It brings it's own webserver with it, you don't need to add or configure the webserver plugin!
7. Make sure the port you setup (or Eventghost) is not blocked by the windows firewall (inbound connection)
8. Point your browser to http://localhost, this should bring up the webinterface
9. In the webinterface go to "configuration" -> "Pages" -> and hit the save button on the bottom. Your page will reload and you can start using/customizing the interface (via the configuration page)

Credits:
To create this plugin, I used and modified some code from the following plugins - special thanks go to their creators without their work this plugin would not be as awesome as it is
- OSE (On Screen Explorer) - by Pako
- SchedulGhost - by Pako
- Network Event Sender / Receiver - by Bitmonster
- Ping - by miljbee and Sem;colon
- Webserver - by Bitmonster, Pako, Sem;colon and krambriw

Have fun with the tool!
Attachments
O-MEGA.zip
v0.6.20
(528.99 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
O-MEGA.zip
v0.6.15
(519.28 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
O-MEGA.zip
v0.5.22
(421.31 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
If you like my work, Image me a drink :wink:

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Re: Download & Changelog

Post by Sem;colon » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:02 am

It took a little longer than expected, but here is the new version 0.5.9!

What's new:
As announced, the biggest new feature is an action that can convert free-text into commands. This makes it fairly easy to setup something like voice control for your whole O-MEGA configuration.
In detail: In the action (in EventGhost) You first select a user in which context the command should be interpreted, this automatically specifies the language (English and German are supported) as well as the views to which the buttons/pages/scenes could be assigned to, then you'll just throw any text at this action and the O-MEGA system tries to match the words with what is setup in your configuration. This should pretty much work without changing your configuration at all, but there are a few guidelines your configuration should follow for better results.
Views = Rooms (like a view "living room" that gets all buttons assigned that control devices that are physically in the living room)
Pages = Categories (like a page "lights" that holds all buttons that would switch lights)
Not everything you throw at this action has to match 100% to work btw. Let's say you have a light in the living room, so you assigned the view "living room" to your button that controls the light you named "ceiling", which is on the page "lights".
You can still say "turn on the light in the living room" and it will work. The system matches "light" with "lights" in this case and switches on all, that can be switched on and have the view "living room" assigned.
If you find yourself using multiple words for the same button/device you want to control, you have the option to extend the name with a comma separated list of aliases. Those aliases would not be visible in the UI though. For example you have a lamp besides your bed. You gave it the name "bed light" but it should also listen to the name "night light", you would set it up in your config with the name "bed light, night light". In the UI it would still just be called "bed light", but now it can also be referred to as "night light" with the command interpreter. These aliases can also be used for scenes.
To execute a scene you need to use the signal word "scene" followed by the scene name btw.
Of course this feature also works together with the active media control feature, so you can just give it a command "pause" and it would pause whatever is playing at the moment.
There is a template here, that integrates the voice control feature in the web UI and makes it easy for you to check out this feature: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10561&p=55740#p55740

But even if you're not interested in a super flexible command interpreter or voice control, you should still perform this update, as there are many small improvements and bug fixes too!

- Active media control has been improved, not only with some more commands and the ability to send a value along with them, you also can now setup forwarding of volume commands for the "most interesting" media player to a connected A/V Receiver instead of let them be handled by the media player itself.
- There are new features on the button configuration that let you "copy" a value for one state to all states of that button. Also you can now reference a value you setup for your action, in your response (especially interesting when you are creating interface extensions)
- When putting a page in fullscreen, it is now scrolling the top menu bar all the way to the left, so you can see the view switcher
- New option in the views configuration menu to declare a view to be a room, devices and buttons should only be assigned to one view that is a room (at the moment only used for the new interpret spoken command feature)
- "Slide in directions" mode for dashboard tiles now also works with the mouse
- HiFi has been relabled to A/V
- The capabilities of the URL tags has been improved, now you can specify a view and/or a page that should be opened. The syntax is: <your IP>#view=<view id>&page=<page id>
- New settings for the auto return after timeout feature: you can now specify to return to the default View, the start page, or both
- as startup view you can now select the "least selected view", which would be the last view selected under your current user on any device
- Some automatic configuration cleanup, for example when you delete a view that is still assigned to a button, the reference on the button will now also be removed
- Loop bug fixed with enduring events
- More small improvements and other small bugs fixed (I wonder where all the bugs always come from)

Breaking changes:
No major release comes without breaking something and this version is no exception, but I hope the impact is not so high this time ;)
- As mentioned the syntax for the URL tags changed, so links you created with the old syntax need to be recreated with the new syntax
- The ID of the state "[closed]" has been changed to "[close]". If you used that state in one of your buttons you need to remove it and change it to the "[close]" state or the whole page that button is on will not load anymore.

Get it from the first post!

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:47 pm

New version v0.5.11

What's new:
- Loading time of the web-UI has been improved (noticeable)
- Bug fixes
- Small improvements

Get it from the first post! :)

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:56 am

New version v0.5.15

What's new:
- The button to close the Fullscreen mode has been moved from the upper right corner to the left side (makes a lot more sense from a usability perspective)
- Workaround for the Fullscreen API has been implemented
- The plugin function "Program Power" has been extended to also work with non-"O-CMD" events and to be able to specify additional run parameters
- Bug fixes
- Small improvements
- Some cleanup

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 pm

New version: v0.5.19

What's new:
- Added option to pause the log viewer in the web UI
- Added new quick save feature to the button configuration page (this will save the buttons and the pages page but without reloading or changing the view. Makes it more easy and faster to see what is the effect of your change by opening a 2nd instance of the web-UI)
- The return to start page after a timeout option has been disabled for setting and configuration pages
- Many bugs fixed
- Small improvements
- Some cleanup

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:03 am

New version: v0.5.22

Introducing button state locks: A new automation feature for your smart home.
You can now lock a button to a specific state. A locked button cannot be operated (apart from the state in which it is locked). Not only actions with this button from the UI or scenes are prevented, but even if an external change has been detected via the assigned event, the button state will be changed again to match the locked state.
Locked buttons are displayed in the UI with a light blue border around the state in which they are locked.
As an example: You have a thermostat that should turn off your radiator as long as the window is open. You create a scene triggered by the open window event that turns off the heater and lock it in that state. Then you create a second scene that unlocks and turns on the heater when the window is closed. This now makes sure that your heater will not be turned on while the window is open. Even if someone operates the thermostat manually, O-MEGA will turn it back off (if the thermostat sends an event when it's turned on)

What's new:
- Dashboard actions became more powerful; the "swipe in directions" option is now standard and you can customize if a / which button action should be performed at a direction and if a confirmation dialog should be displayed before execution of the command
- New Dashboard icons for directions and shutters
- New state "[tilt]"
- New button on the page to assign an event to a scene; you can now learn an event from a button. That means you no longer need to perform the action and then check for the button change event in the log, but you can go right to the button in the web UI and select the state that should trigger your scene
- In the custom conditions for scenes there is a new button to check if the last wait action in the scene has been terminated by an event or the timeout
- Button state locks / unlocks can be applied from scene actions for buttons
- Many bugs fixed (again)
- Many small improvements

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:52 pm

New version: v0.6.5

If you're upgrading from O-MEGA 0.5.x please follow the instructions below under breaking changes!

What's new:
- The interpret spoken command feature has been improved:
  • Some fixes and small improvements in the interpretation.
  • A new option has been added to return human readable feedback for the actions that are performed. (When you tell it "turn on the light in the living room" it would return "okay, living room light on" if the action was successful).
  • You can now ask simple yes/no questions like "is the light in the living room on?" and it would return "Yes" or "No" (consider this feature a preview/beta feature)
- The Extension configuration menu has been changed/simplified and is now more in line with the template and pages menu, as you can now configure buttons on a seperate screen. This also enables you to provide translations for buttons you create on extensions. A modified tutorial has already been uploaded to the Tutorials & Guides topic.
- Not-multi buttons now can have any state and [none]. (Before that was limited to [activate] and [none]) even though you won't see this state on the button in the first place, it does appear in the scene recorder or for reference using voice control.
- The new state lock feature has been extended with an option to periodically re-enforce the locked state until the state has been confirmed by feedback. That's useful when your button / device doesn't provide feedback for communication issues or to use the state lock feature even if the device is not capable of providing feedback at all.
- Bugfixes
- Small improvements

Breaking changes:
If you never created or imported extensions in your configuration you are good to go and there's nothing to worry about. But if you did, here is what you need to do: Before performing the update (or straight after before changing anything in the configuration menu) you need to export all installed extensions. To do that, open the O-MEGA plugin configuration dialog and push the button "export templates and extensions" -> the template exporter window pops up. In the first screen you don't select anything and just hit Next (as this would be for templates and we want to export extensions only) -> in the next screen you select every extension from the top one by one and hit the "choose" button. -> after all has been chosen, push the export button and save the .omg file somewhere. Then, after the update, import that file again and confirm any pop-ups telling you that you are about to import something that's already there.
That's it!

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:27 pm

New version: v0.6.6

Unfortunately there were some serious bugs in v0.6.5...

What's new:
- Bugfixes
- Small improvements

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Tue May 18, 2021 9:14 pm

New version: v0.6.8

What's new:
- A new user setting has been added to hide views in the UI (the user can choose to hide views independent of the views that are assigned)
- Bugfixes (I hope I finally found all issues with the browser back stack manipulation!)
- Small improvements

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Thu May 27, 2021 9:51 pm

New version: v0.6.9

The most noticeable changes this time are the new splash screen when you open the app; it's now featuring the O-MEGA logo, and the "access denied" messages that are now self-hiding toast notifications instead of a dialog box.

What's new:
- New splash screen when the app loads
- "access denied" messages that are now self-hiding toast notifications instead of a dialog box
- The language selector is now a dropdown box and languages are always displayed in their native names
- New function in the template API: ShowNotification
- Bugfixes
- Small improvements

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:03 pm

New version: 0.6.15

In addition to the usual quality improvements and bug fixes, this version adds the last major feature that was on my list: A graphical representation of the data history, or in other words; charts!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=10645

What's new:
- Possibility to record the value and state history of buttons and act on the average value
- Template that visualizes this history as a chart diagram
- New template API function "GetTargetsForExtension": Returns the IDs of all devices/programs/interfaces that are associated with a specific extension
- New template API function "ResetReturnTimeout": Resets the timeout that the user configued in the settings to automatically return to the start page/view (if that feature is enabled by the user)
- New template API function "RecordValue": Usually triggered by an event of a button or another clickable element, this function brings up a dialog to enter a prefilled custom (python) condition when recording a condition. When you don't record a condition, this function does nothing.
- The template API function "GetSetting" has been extended by the parameter "getName" (bool). If it is true, the device name as specified in the configuration menu is returned
- If you create an action with the id "jsCommand" it is always executed in the frontend only
- An event is now triggered when the configuration has been changed (this event chould be used to re-initialize an extention, for example)
- Voice Control has been improved: If you start your sentence with "how" or "what" you can query values of buttons (for example "what is the temperature in the living room?" will result in an answer like "living room temperature is 23°C")
- The "Trigger Event" action has been improved and can now trigger an aditional event to the normal event. This aditional event can be used to trigger scenes or state changes within the O-MEGA system, which wasn't possible before.
- Locked states are now displayed with a blue font color on the dashboard and main menu
- Minor improvements
- Bugfixes

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:50 am

New version: 0.6.19

What's new:
- Charts:
  • It's now easier to select points in the chart
  • Value Charts now show the maximum and minimum value for the selected period. These values can also be used in scene conditions
  • It's now possible to compare value and state charts
- Loading of the interface has been improved and is more stable now
- It now saves if you expand or collapse the side menu and restores the last selection when you open the interface again
- Configuration menu:
  • The "Quick Save" feature evolved into the "Live Edit Mode" which saves changes as you perform them. It also opens a secound window automatically, so you can directly see what you are changing (with about 2sec delay though)
  • The odd way to delete rows in the configuration manu is gone, you can now select a row with the checkbox (the row will be highlighted) and delete the selected rows by clicking another button on the bottom
  • New data type for settings and actions: dropdown. You can provide multiple possible choices for the setting by separating them with a comma.
  • When you change the target of a button, it's not any more resetting the answer events and the parameters. This makes it more convenient to replace the device behind a button
- The "delete" action in the Browser now supports the {date} and {time} variables like the "create folder" and "rename" actions
- New Dashboard icons: degC, degF, drop, onOff and snowflake
- You can now add actions to the Dashboard that are executing a frontend command (e.g. open a link)
- Minor improvements
- Many bugfixes

Sem;colon
Plugin Developer

Post by Sem;colon » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:18 am

New version: 0.6.20

Unfortunately v0.6.19 had a bug that made it imposible to crate new buttons, this is fixed now.

What's new:
- Charts: The unit and scope can now be pre-set on charts
- Charts: The line style can be changed for a value chart to be stepped
- Bugfixes