Not Starting w/ Windows

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.
rebirth24

Not Starting w/ Windows

Post by rebirth24 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Anyone else having an issue where EG does not load when you startup windows? Have the option selected of course..

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Not Starting w/ Windows

Post by kgschlosser » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Nope no issues here. You can check something. If you click start. And type in msconfig press enter a program will load. This program controls some of the startup goodies in Windows. Go poking about and make sure that the startup group is not disabled. The other thing is try closing EG after selecting it in options. The go into your startup group and see if there is a shortcut to EventGhost in there.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Luca Brasi
Experienced User

Post by Luca Brasi » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:17 pm

It happened to me as well once or twice with rc3. Before I came around to report it RC4 was released and I didn't notice it any more.
Win10 x64 Prof. / Eventghost latest / MCE Plugin / MCE RC6 Receiver / Logitech Harmony Hub / MediaPortal / kodi

rebirth24

Post by rebirth24 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:39 pm

**False Alarm** My bad on this one. Noticed I changed some properties in the EG shortcut (Admin enabled, etc.). Once I reverted it is now starting up just fine.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:56 am

you cannot modify the shortcut that is in the startup group EG will delete it if it has the same name and is not set properly. You can rename it to something other then eventghost and do what you like with it. and EG won't mess with it then. but it will show that run at login is turned off.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image