Solved: Auvisio VRC-1100 stopped working after Win 10 update 1607

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.
jrockow

Re: Solved: Auvisio VRC-1100 stopped working after Win 10 update 1607

Post by jrockow » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:12 am

Your hacked WIN 7 sounds interesting......

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:11 am

I do not know if you have ever heard of Windows Thin PC or not, it is a cut down version of Windows 7 32bit that has minimal ram consumption and a disk footprint of 1/2 the size. It was made to run on "Thin" clients only for the purposes of virtualization. There is a slew of it that has been removed.. in fact to much has been removed for it to be used as a desktop. you can add back in the missing parts that will allow it to work as a desktop OS but there is the 4gm ram limit. I basically created the same thing but using Windows 7 x64. I hacked out all of the junk. things like Fax modem drivers. and parallel port drivers. all of the pre installed applications that never get used. removed all of the services that do not need to be running. I chopped out all of the garbage that is in windows only for the purposes of being backwards compatible (all the way back to Windows NT 3.51). I have no need for bits and pieces being there for windows vista and below. I do not run any Vista and older applications that make use of these components.

You can do this by using an assortment of tools available by Microsoft and other 3rd party apps. It is a royal pain to do but in the end you have a nice product. I also slip streamed in all of the drivers for my computer as well as the applications i install. From start to finish it takes me a total of 10 minutes to do a clean install of my version of Windows 7 including all of my applications. Because I slip stream the drivers in I am able to use USB3.0 for installing 8) and couple that with the speed of SSD drives doing an OS install is not a drag. migrating any saved data is but the actual OS install is a breeze. I have this set up for all of my machines. I could launch the install over the network using pxe if I wanted to. But the flash drives work fine for me. I have one for each of my computers.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

jrockow

Post by jrockow » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:23 pm

Very interesting.
Perhaps one day I'll delve into it.
Right now I've got a bunch of other video projects I'm working on.
Thanx again.

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:53 pm

no worries m8, If you have any other questions or problem let me know. I am happy to help.

Glad to have this problem sorted out for ya.
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image