Turn on Monitor: doesn't

Found a bug in EventGhost? Report it here.
kgschlosser
Site Admin

Re: Turn on Monitor: doesn't

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:21 pm

and is it the dell monitor causing the problem or the TV or both?

This is one of those issues that gets my bean going for a solution. and I am a problem solver.

But if it ends up being a hardware thing. we can always do this if ya want.. we can have EG simply make the screen you want to "turn off" turn black instead. i do not know if that would be a viable solution for ya
If you like the work I have been doing then feel free to Image

Lecl0ne

Post by Lecl0ne » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:13 am

Hey guys,

I'm new to EG, and have some troubles.
I'm using a http script to turn on and off the monitor of my tablet. It was working few days ago but not now.
I can turn the screen Off, but can't turn it back On. The script is executed only when I manually turn On the screen of the tablet, like if EventGhost was unable to do anything with the screen is Off.
Any idea?

Thank you so much,

Romain.

EDIT: It works on my PC but on my tablet, If I don't send the "HTTP.ScreenOn" very fast after the screen is torned Off, It won't trigger. Do you have any advice or idea? It looks like the tablet is idle..

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:44 pm

when you turn the screen off on your tablet is the tablet going into a power save state? I would check that.

Lecl0ne

Post by Lecl0ne » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:52 pm

How to know that? I'll check it. It looks like yes imho

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:23 am

You are going to have to change the power settings so that only the screen will go blank and the tablet will not enter a different s state.

If the tablet sleeps at all the applications get suspended. they "stop running" so to speak. only a very minimal amount of power is used to keep the memory powered up so the current machine state is not lost. sleep literally means that it goes to sleep.. and it does nothing except for the absolute minimum to keep your data in tact. It will also monitor the USB's or touch screen for user input so it can wake up.. But that is pretty much it.

if you are running 0.5 when you start EG it is going to tell you what you have the power profile set to in an event.

and Oh one other thing... Even if the power profile is not set to sleep and it is onyl turning off the screen. Because this is a table then you are using Wifi for the network connection. Go into device manager bring up the WiFi card properties.. You are going to have to do some poking about through here But you will see options for power saving.. You want to disable them..

Also depending on how the tablet is made if it is using a USB bus for the Wifi card attachment point (not a common thing but it does happen) You will also need to make sure that you have the power saving features disabled for the USB root hubs as well.. If you have the more common type of connection PCIE for the Wifi Card you will need to go into the power profile and under advanced look for PCI Express power saving features and disable them..

This is going to twist you about some more.. Windows is not the only thing that controls the power saving and sleep states on a tablet/computer.. You are also going to need to go into the BIOS for the tablet and check for these types of settings..

This issue you are having is one of the most complex and also one of the most annoying.. Because there is no single management point.. Things are spread all over the place, and depending on drivers. tablet manufacturers Windows version there is no way for me to be able to tell you to "go here and change this" because "here" and "this" are not constants. the setting names could be different. the locations for the settings can be different..

I can only point you in a direction. you are going to have to do the research to locate the settings.. I hate telling ya that.. The only way I would be able to help is if I had RDP access to the tablet, I would need to see what needs to be changed in order to know that it needs to be changed.. If that makes sense.

Lecl0ne

Post by Lecl0ne » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:33 pm

Thank you for your huge answer. Very kind of you.
I have some strange things in my parameters, do you think you can take a look via RDP or TeamViewer a day?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:59 am

yeah we can set something for this weekend if you want.

Lecl0ne

Post by Lecl0ne » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:38 am

Thank you so much. The tablet is not in my home, I'll be at the place all the sunday long from 9h30 to 17h30. Is it ok to you?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:41 am

that should be fine... what TZ are you in? I am UTC -7:00 (MST)

Lecl0ne

Post by Lecl0ne » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:25 am

I'm in France (UTC+1)

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:43 pm

well it will either be a really late Saturday night for me or a really early Sunday morning depending on how you view it... LOL..
so you will be with the tablet from 01:30 to 09:30 MST. OK so I am usually awake until 04:00 - 05:00 ish my time. So I would say as close to 01:30 (09:30) as we can get

Lecl0ne

Post by Lecl0ne » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Wow it's ambarassing. Please feel free to refuse.
If you're still Ok, I'll be ready at 9h30 am (for me).
I can ask to my friend to do what you need so you can take a look when it's comfortable for you?
What do I need to do from my side so you can access the tab ?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:46 pm

I need you to install team viewer. And be on the forum waiting for a PM from me asking for the login key for TeamViewer

Lecl0ne

Post by Lecl0ne » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:11 pm

Ok sir. I'll Ask to my Friend to install it on tomorrow so you will be able to take a look when it's better for you. What do you think?
I guess you need windows to be in English too...?

kgschlosser
Site Admin

Post by kgschlosser » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:47 am

preferably. English.. Tho i do know my way around Windows very well and I can navigate through it for the most part in just about any language it will make it a lot easier if it is in English.