Any way to display a .gif file, or a .mp4 file?

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
meemer22

Any way to display a .gif file, or a .mp4 file?

Post by meemer22 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:24 pm

So I was just wondering if there is any way to display a .gif or .mp4 file after an event occurs, very similar to the show image action that is currently in place in EventGhost

cvben

Re: Any way to display a .gif file, or a .mp4 file?

Post by cvben » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:03 pm

It depends on how you want it to look really, there is nothing stopping you from inserting a trigger to run a program which likely will need some commandline argument to open the specified file at the end of a macro, but I'm guessing you want something "cleaner" like a popup or something. I'd recommend looking at MPV as it has an extensive amount of customization on how your player looks and behaves built into the commandline arguments. Look at the window and osd section linked there for how the thing displays and the playback options for how something will play. Its a pretty beefy tool, but all the options mean you can create something at least close to what you envision.

skribb
Experienced User

Re: Any way to display a .gif file, or a .mp4 file?

Post by skribb » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:53 pm

meemer22 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:24 pm
So I was just wondering if there is any way to display a .gif or .mp4 file after an event occurs, very similar to the show image action that is currently in place in EventGhost
FastSone MaxView and i think Irfanview, has options to remove all chrome and display just the image. You might be able to use any of those to display an image via feeding a command to the app containing an image file name as a variable.

With video, BSplayer and i think Potplayer has the chromeless option too.
Automation is life.

Win7 64bit
EG: v0.5.0-rc4