Help with IR Transmission Programming with USB UIRT

If you have a question or need help, this is the place to be.
foresta82

Help with IR Transmission Programming with USB UIRT

Post by foresta82 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:10 pm

I would like to control a sat decoder sending the IR signal from USB UIRT bypassing the original decoder remote.
I created a project with eventghost saving all the remote buttons after the learning procedure with the UIRT plugin.
You can see it in this image:
http://imgur.com/a/6dqlC
What I would like to achieve is execute every single IR command using a key of my PC keyboard rather than right click on every action -> execute item (i.e. for example key Q for ON/OFF action)
Is that even possible?

therealbiglou
Experienced User

Re: Help with IR Transmission Programming with USB UIRT

Post by therealbiglou » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:41 pm

Yes, you can do this. In the EventGhost menu, go to Configuration > Add Plugin. In this popup, under the Remote Receiver folder, select Keyboard and hit Okay. This will create an event every time a key is struck. Simply drag the event for the key you want to bind to the macro with the appropriate IR command. Then, every time you hit that key, it will fire the IR command.

kalinkamaen
Experienced User

Post by kalinkamaen » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:42 pm

There is a keyboard plugin that can use for this! Its installed as a default plugin.

foresta82

Post by foresta82 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Thanks! One more question though: Is it possible to restrict the keyboard usage to a specific application?
What I'd like to avoid is that the keyboard give the IR command for example when I type a text while EventGhost is running in background.

kalinkamaen
Experienced User

Post by kalinkamaen » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:23 am

You can make a keyboard command to dissable and enable all Macros and actions working with keyboard plugin.

therealbiglou
Experienced User

Post by therealbiglou » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:00 pm

Yes you can! Add a new action under Window > Find a window. Make sure "Stop macro if target is not found" and then optionally "Only match frontmost window" if you want to make sure it only runs when the program is in focus. In the list of programs, select the program you want to have IR commands work with and then hit apply. This will check if the program you want open is open and if it's not, it will not send the IR command. Make sure Find a window is at the VERY beginning of the macro.